Author Topic: Makeup can harm IQ  (Read 5353 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Makeup can harm IQ
« on: December 04, 2012, 05:20:52 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2242289/Can-make-harm-IQ-How-55per-cent-lipstick-contains-traces-lead--affect-mental-health.html

One other point is that using make-up ages your face. I always remember a middle-aged woman writing in to the Daily Telegraph, boasting about how she looked much younger as she hadn't damaged her skin like most of her female contemporaries by using make-up and exfoliating etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Makeup can harm IQ
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 08:54:51 am »
In days of yore women used to wear stuff on their face that made their skin appear ultra white. The active ingredient was lead. It essentially drove the unsuspecting fools crazy. We'll leave it at that.

I have noticed that women who wear any makeup at all, get to a point where they have to wear it because the faces get so badly pock-marked.

However I guess it's one of those lessons that life deals. Us guys have our ridiculous ideas also.

Since a woman I know did the H2O2 program, she has cleared up some acne and other issues.
Cheers
Al

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 09:16:05 am »
How about: "Low IQ causes people to wear makeup"? Just listen to the reasons people give for wearing makeup: "Makeup enhances my facial contours. Makeup makes me feel more confident. Makeup makes me look more beautiful." You pretty much have to be a moron already to buy into these ideas, or mentally ill to think that illusion is a good substitute for reality.

The picture of the woman in the linked article should have been preceded by a warning, "Caution, some images on this page can be disturbing."
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 09:35:00 am »
How about: "Low IQ causes people to wear makeup"? Just listen to the reasons people give for wearing makeup: "Makeup enhances my facial contours. Makeup makes me feel more confident. Makeup makes me look more beautiful." You pretty much have to be a moron already to buy into these ideas, or mentally ill to think that illusion is a good substitute for reality.

The picture of the woman in the linked article should have been preceded by a warning, "Caution, some images on this page can be disturbing."
Eve that's beautiful.... (LOL) I love it.

There was an act of British Parliament proposed back in the 1700's I believe, that stated in essence that any device or paint etc that was used to con a man into believing that he was marrying someone more beautiful than she actually was, was punishable by ........... I don't recall the penalty.

My friend's father had this act framed in the hallway of their house.
Cheers
Al

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 03:40:13 pm »
"Low IQ causes people to wear makeup"?
:) ;) Exactly what I was thinking!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 01:24:54 pm »
Guys, be truthful. Don't you like a woman with make-up better--especially if she is middle-aged or even more mature in age and she does look better when she uses make-up?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:33:44 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 01:34:31 pm »
I find make up is horrible even on much older women.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 03:52:38 pm »
Guys, be truthful. Don't you like a woman with make-up better--especially if she is middle-aged or even more mature in age and she does look better when she uses make-up?
No, I don't.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 04:04:10 pm »
Yeah, but being pretty will only get you so far.  If you are caking lead make-up on your face then that is a huge turnoff.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 04:14:39 pm »
Do you girls like a man who wears make-up?  I used to wear it all the time back in highschool....
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 11:41:03 pm »

What does "liking" someone have to do with their wearing makeup?

The biggest problem with makeup wearers, the way I see it, is their vanity. This character flaw comes from looking at yourself too closely in a mirror while applying makeup. The makeup wearer never realizes how stupid they look because they get so into putting it on.

Joy, tell your makeup-wearing friends to try this: go barefaced and listen to what men say about women wearing makeup. It's a riot! Any woman who wants to be respected by men should wash her face and get real.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 01:48:51 am »
Joy, tell your makeup-wearing friends to try this: go barefaced and listen to what men say about women wearing makeup. It's a riot! Any woman who wants to be respected by men should wash her face and get real.

Amen to that. I have yet to meet a woman who looks better with makeup than without. I have never dated a woman who wears makeup, and don't expect to. To me, makeup signifies lack of self-confidence.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 02:16:04 am »
I think a little eyeliner and lipstick can look nice.  Foundation is disgusting, though.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 02:24:14 am »
Amen to that. I have yet to meet a woman who looks better with makeup than without. I have never dated a woman who wears makeup, and don't expect to. To me, makeup signifies lack of self-confidence.
I agree completely.

I do know guys who prefer to be with women who wear the stuff though. Not too many guys like that, but there are some.

However having said this, I prefer not to judge people. I remember as a small boy going to my father's drugstore and watching him prepare the chemicals for drugs. In those days druggists got the raw ingredients in large glass jugs and they mixed them up themselves. Anyways one day he was mixing up a paste and I asked him what it was. He explained that it was calamine lotion for a girl whose face had been burned in a fire. I felt great compassion for her.

Whether we like it or not we do judge people by their appearance and for people who are disfigured it can be a cross to bear, which of course if it doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Wearing makeup for young women is a bit like eating candy. It tastes great but it does big-time, long-term damage.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 03:04:25 am »
Have a look at the feet of women who wear high heels or even low heel shoes or shoes that squash their toes in. Their feet become hideously disfigured and they do all sorts of damage further up their structure because their balance is put off, because their toes are supposed to be spread out. Their ankles are highly stressed because they are being asked to rotate around a new axis point. This throws the lower leg (tibia/fibia) forward, so now the knee has to rotate around a new centerpoint, and then the femur has to tilt back or she will fall down forward, then the hip has to rotate around another new axis and so forth up the line, creating a 'user created' scoliosis.

All the muscles from the tips of the toes to the neck have to work constantly causing tension pain, headaches and a whole plethora of diseases. For instance the tilted forward tibia/fibia muscles have to constantly be yanking the leg back. Then this self-induced scoliosis forces the torso to be tilted one way or the other so the person doesn't tip over.

The result of this is that the internal organs will be compressed or decompressed, which affects the way that they communicate/operate, because they are made the proper size to fit in the chest cavity and when they are squeezed for instance, they do not have room to move and peristaltic action for instance is inhibited.

The crushing of the toes damages the energy points (Acupuncture or Marma points) on their feet which causes disease in distant parts of their body.

AFAIAC the whole thing about osteoporosis (dowager's hump) is BS and invented to sell calcium tablets. The real cause and the reason why it's mostly women who have health issues generally is due to footwear. Makeup is a close second. Excessively tight clothing comes in third..... which of course causes men to have issues... but that's another type of problem... LOL

It's interesting that people point to the oriental fashion of binding women's feet for 'beauty' and call it barbaric etc., when in reality, fashion footwear the world over does exactly the same thing including men's cowboy boots. Indeed having any heel on a shoe is a fashion statement and completely unnecessary and indeed damaging to the feet for the reasons stated above. It's just a matter of degree.

During the American Revolution, historians say that one of the reasons why the Brits lost, is that at the time, some idiot came up with a boot for the soldiers that was made to be worn on both feet. Soldiers were told to switch feet every day. The poor slobs could hardly march and that's one way wars are won and lost, marching.
Cheers
Al

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 03:54:39 am »
Thanks to all who responded. Very interesting.

Now can we have comments from women who routinely wear make-up? Not that I really expect a response...considering the general feelings towards make up in this thread...

Do you girls like a man who wears make-up?  I used to wear it all the time back in highschool....

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! (Forgive me for being judgmental in this case. I just cannot help it ;))

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 04:51:54 am »
He explained that it was calamine lotion for a girl whose face had been burned in a fire. I felt great compassion for her.

So many people, especially kids, are accidentally burned in kitchens by hot oil or other foods  being cooked. It’s an another dreadful face of the cooking tragedy.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 06:09:00 am »
So many people, especially kids, are accidentally burned in kitchens by hot oil or other foods  being cooked. It’s an another dreadful face of the cooking tragedy.

True. Our house almost burned down when some paraffin was being heated to bottle some stuff.
Cheers
Al

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 02:59:58 pm »
Thanks to all who responded. Very interesting.

Now can we have comments from women who routinely wear make-up? Not that I really expect a response...considering the general feelings towards make up in this thread...

Yes.. I do.  -X
I love to make up but I use only expensive organic make up and very little. I do not use powder or such stuff clogging my face.

We were not allowed to use make up as teens because the religiosity of our parents, we were  not allowed to use pretty clothes either (clothes that I found pretty..).. I sure believe women painted themselves and wanted to make themselves pretty in one way or another since forever. It kind of is in the woman's nature to make things pretty.. the home, herself.. the food.. IDK. It is like art work. That is how I feel about it at this point at least. This might all change for sure..

But I guess I want to quit at some point. When I have gotten even more optimal. This is at least my goal. I started to make up very early and I have hard time quitting. I would say, better never start! lol

Oh.. and I need to add, I guess doing all these "art works" it should be our goal to do it in a way that causes no harm for sure. This could be different for different people depending on their health and such. Like using natural materials for your home, using lots of green plants that cleans the air too, using natural product on your skin.. You can make-up with totally natural things, like mascara from certain berries you make yourself and stuff. Or if you "cook" you can make sure to use only ingredients that are healthy for us or just arrange the food beautifully on beautifully plates / table or anything that makes it appealing.

And one more thing..lol
If making-up is showing the unmaturity of a woman, so be it. That is just fair, then the men can leave her alone and let her grow up. ;) I am thinking this is just perfect. What I do now is finding myself, starting to get madly in love with me and that is a trip I need to do alone.. maybe when I am finished I will use no make up and I will find the man of my life..lol
I do know not only one woman that use absolutely no make-up and never used, that are very immature and causing lots of harm in their environment.. -[

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:03:37 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 05:32:22 am »
Inger, thanks for replying. Obviously you enjoy applying make up as art work and you are comfortable with what you are doing whatever others may think. You have my blessing then. :)

I did not use makeup because I felt fine with how I looked. Recently I was toying with the idea of using makeup because I found I am not as young as I was. But after reading the discussions in this thread I have decided to not use it. The main reason is makeup hurts skin. I have to consider what I would look like two decades from now if I should use makeup routinely, not to mention the precious time required to apply makeup. And I remember reading someone saying her roommate dared not to even visit a convenience store without applying makeup because she would look so different without makeup...That sounds like self-imposed prison-ship.

On the other hand, I do not object to women around me using makeup artfully. They do appear prettier with makeup. I enjoy looking at pretty faces.

I have noticed that women who wear any makeup at all, get to a point where they have to wear it because the faces get so badly pock-marked.

being pretty will only get you so far

One other point is that using make-up ages your face. I always remember a middle-aged woman writing in to the Daily Telegraph, boasting about how she looked much younger as she hadn't damaged her skin like most of her female contemporaries by using make-up and exfoliating etc.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 06:08:54 am »
The aboriginals in Newfoundland Canada all wore ochre which made them appear red which is why they were referred to as Redskins. I am not sure if this was common all over North America.

From what little I have read, one of the last Beothuks, Mary March said that it was a religious (our translation probably) thing where if they did not wear it, God would not recognize them. There is evidence that it was used for medicinal reasons. Not sure what but in Ayurveda mud pacifies certain issues depending on what the mud is made from.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 06:25:53 am »
Err, judging from my  ad&d days,  native american indians all had healthy polytheistic religions, not lousy monotheistic ones! But then again, even polytheistic religions had a supreme god of sorts(Zeus/Dagda/Jupiter etc.)
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk