Author Topic: What to watch out for  (Read 3201 times)

Offline guiju

• Forager
    • View Profile
What to watch out for
« on: August 08, 2012, 11:32:37 pm »
Hi!
I'm new here and still not very familiar with all versions of paleo and what are people doing
I'm a bit scared of doing something wrong and running into health problems because of that

Could you please share with me the typical health issues people run into when going Paleo and how to avoid them?
I don't know how much protein or fat I should get for instance
I'm still afraid to start without more information and there is so much to read on here I'm feeling dizzy!

Thanks!!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What to watch out for
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 11:57:19 pm »
It depends on your personality but here are a few rules

Beef - it is best to get grass fed/finished organically grown

Fish - best to get wild

Chicken - Free range, run around the barnyard type of life. (personally we can't eat raw chicken)

Other meats basically as wild as possible.

You can eat grocery store meat but it tends to be very low grade with antibiotics etc in it.

Fat - don't be afraid of it. The more the merrier, unless you are very obese. Then you might want to experiment.

Let your taste buds be your guide in regards to what to eat.

Some people (us) went full blast 100% from day 1. Some do the half pregnant deal LOL. Whatever you like.

There will be a transition period of anywhere from a week to maybe months where the digestion will build up steam, where you may feel a bit less energized or have differing symptoms but once past that you will find you eat a less. We eat significantly less, don't feel stuffed, tired, or interested in a big meal. The cook's day gets longer. Sitting down for a meal is not necessary.

Gradually you will find your health improves. My teeth have stopped going rotten. Haven't seen a dentist or had a toothache since I started. My body is smoothed out without gaining any weight.

As far as protein and fat goes, eat what you like and let your taste buds and desire be your guide. We fond that since there is less taste there is less desire to eat too much. We just eat what is needed. Hard to explain, easy to do.
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 12:00:13 am »
It depends.
What are the issues with you?
Why are you here?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 05:26:30 am »
Don't push into it too quickly.  I think one mistake when going paleo is trying to be as strict as everyone on here.  You have to remember that most here are very disciplined and dedicated to eating extremely well.  I would say mistake #2 would be cutting down on carbs too quickly.  Some people just need more.  If you are cutting out grains don't be afraid to rely on root vegetables like sweet potatoes, turnips, rutabagas, parsnips, carrots, beets, peas, potatoes, etc.  Eat enough fruit as well if it sits well with you.  I agree that following your own body is the best guide.  Don't get locked into the whole 30% protein, 30% fat, blah blah.  It depends who you are, what you do, and where you live.  SMILE ;D

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 10:39:11 am »
Hi!
I'm new here and still not very familiar with all versions of paleo and what are people doing
I'm a bit scared of doing something wrong and running into health problems because of that

Could you please share with me the typical health issues people run into when going Paleo and how to avoid them?
I don't know how much protein or fat I should get for instance
I'm still afraid to start without more information and there is so much to read on here I'm feeling dizzy!

Thanks!!

You should check out the newbie section. That should answer most of your questions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk