Author Topic: Not washing with soap etc. appears to make skin look better  (Read 2885 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Not washing with soap etc. appears to make skin look better
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 01:43:10 am »
I haven't used soap anywhere besides my hands in probably 17 years.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 02:45:41 am »
In this regard, I would like to recommend a relatively natural product that I have used before which works way better than the usual deodorants. It  is aluminium-free and kills the bacteria and thus removes the odour instead of just masking the odour like most other deodorants:-

http://trustproducts.co.uk/pages/product-information

It is great as it removes the otherwise inevitable, unpleasant  grime one usually gets when doing heavy exercise for several days. All I have to do is use it the night before an extensive mountain-hiking trip, on the underarm hair and pubic hairs, and it lasts c.3 days. I suspect that they at some stage weakened the formula, as , many years ago, it seemed to last a full 5-6 days of heavy exercise, but anyway.....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 07:37:45 pm »
So you're basically using an antibiotic that stays active for days... bad idea in my view, even if it doesn't contain alluminum.

Healthy alternative:

Step 1: when you make lemon juice, save the rind and the pulp, and leave it out to dry in the sun for at least 30 days (ideally on a wood, ceramic, glass or other nontoxic flat surface). Remember to protect it from rain, as that can ruin it. If it's rainy season, you can help speed up the drying process by using a fan, as otherwise it'll grow mold and fruit flies. If possible, use organic lemons, and wash with warm water before use just in case there are some pesticides in it (many organic farms still use pesticides). If they're not organic, you could use a raw vinegar and water solution to help remove the pesticides up front. Or just deal with the pesticides, but they might make it itch. It'd still be much better than any industrial product though.

Step 2: Grind it down to a powder. I use a regular coffee/spice grinder, it takes some time but does work. I prefer to grind smaller amounts at a time as it keeps the lemony aroma more fresh, but it'll work even if you grind it all at the same time.

Step 3: Apply some fresh lemon juice (doesn't need to be organic, but always better if it is) to your armpits, then apply some of the dry lemony dust. It'll stick to the lemon juice. If you apply too much it'll turn into a paste which will then fall off in chunks over the course of the day, which can be weird for other people, but they won't smell.

In my experience this will resist heavy exercise and sweating even in a moist and hot environment. I haven't tried it on feet but I'm sure it'd work.

If you want even more protection and a different perfume, mix the fresh lemon juice with some ginger root juice.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 07:44:32 pm by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline NuclearKnight

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 12:24:35 am »
Having not used soap in eons must be yet another reason I get complimented on my skin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk