Author Topic: About nail clippers...  (Read 4577 times)

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
About nail clippers...
« on: March 03, 2011, 11:58:42 am »
Picture a world without them.
I can't imagine early man scraping his nails on rocks to keep them short.

How do you imagine man and whoaman kept them tidy?
Do you think humans were a population of nail-biters?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: About nail clippers...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 01:14:47 pm »
Picture a world without them.
I can't imagine early man scraping his nails on rocks to keep them short.

How do you imagine man and whoaman kept them tidy?
Do you think humans were a population of nail-biters?

I haven't cut my nails for 6 months. They're normal length, though not all equal. When they get a certain length they peel off in the curve shape, and then I file them on some rough surface to neaten them up, same if they get damaged.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:24:28 pm by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 01:17:51 pm »
I haven't cut my nails for 6 months. They're normal length. When they get a certain length they peel off in the curve shape, and then I file them on some rough surface to neaten them up, same if they get damaged.

post pics!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 01:45:49 pm »
post pics!
Yes please!

I noticed the other day that my nails do not grow nearly as fast.
Still feel the need to cut them each month, but it is better and I barely cut anything when I do.
Out of habit really.

Maybe long nails are abnormal and simply a bad expression of DNA.
Our bodies could know how long they should be and will stop growing them if we are in ideal health.
Like ALL of the other animals LoL!

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 01:49:35 pm »
Afaik most animals' nails/claws continue to grow but break off/wear away, like our hair continues to grow but falls out. Some animals even their teeth keep growing if they don't wear them down. My nails still grow a lot.. They just don't get long because they tear/break and I file them when they do. When I was doing Judo I had to cut them every day to keep them short.

If I protected my nails, and resisted the urge to peel them off then they would get long.

When they get a certain length they get like a pull-tab in the side, like a tear line, and I get an urge to tear it along the line.

The reason why the end of the nail is white is so that it's weaker than the rest of the nail, and has weak-lines in it so that if it breaks it just breaks along the lines of the white rather than breaking down your whole nail. That's why when I tear them they tear off neatly. I only tear them when they get weak and the tear line appears, along with the urge to tear it.

I said tear a lot of times.. I'm tired..
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:59:35 pm by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 03:32:05 pm »
IMO theres a reason so many people develope a habit of chewing their nails. Also Miles how do you manage to tear off your nails? Bite them off?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 03:40:05 pm »
IMO theres a reason so many people develope a habit of chewing their nails. Also Miles how do you manage to tear off your nails? Bite them off?

No.. When they get a certain length they get weak, and a tiny tear starts in the side of the nail, then I tear along that. I do it instincto.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 09:12:04 am »
My friend has to cut the nails of his rabbit because it cannot run outside. If it did the nails would not need to be cut as they just erode naturally. If he doesn't cut them their feet deform.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk