Author Topic: too many eggs?  (Read 21586 times)

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
too many eggs?
« on: July 02, 2010, 02:57:44 pm »
drinking raw egg yolks are a great way to get calories/fat

im using only pasture raised eggs... is there an upper limit to these many eggs?

right now im probably eating 12 egg yolks a day.. wondering if anyone else is eating this much..? im thinking of even upping it to 24/day, 12Xbreakfast, 12Xdinner

that would be like 500+ calories of fat so it'll help me out a lot in my much needed fat

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: too many eggs?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 03:50:43 pm »
I eat eggs regularly but find they digest very quickly and they don't always satisfy my appetite. Also I doubt that a paleo man would ever be able to collect anywhere near 24 eggs. Do you not like the taste of raw meat?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 03:53:38 pm »
i ate 12 yolks and i felt a little tired/sick for a few hrs.. i took a nap and i feel better.. im guessing its a detox reaction?

Im wondering if i can eat 12-24 yolks a day

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 04:31:25 pm »
That's a good idea if you had cancer or some sort of liver cirrhosis.

What illness are you trying to cure?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 04:44:46 pm »
none.. just been eating SAD for 20+yrs, so have some acne, white tongue, low energy, tiredness..

so i switched to all raw diet.. im thinking eggs are almost the perfect food??

For today i ate:

Bison heart,
Bison steak,
2 avocados
12 Eggs

That was it.. all raw/grass fed/pasture raised... I think im on the right path :-)

Now i just need to figure out the upper limit for raw eggs

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 04:45:53 pm »
Im trying to get more fat so i did order some marrows... the fat in my meat is pretty chewy.. wonder how u guys eat that.. im thinking there has to be an easy way to get fats needed.. im almost tempted to splurge on nuts :( but i know its high in omega 6 and the ratio is not good

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 08:54:16 pm »
I use scissors to cut the fat in small cubes I can swallow.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 12:06:37 am »
I was like you too, I'd eat 6 to 12 yolks a day coz i had no source of good fat and people on this forum are obsessed with fat. Eventually yolks started giving me the runs and now i can barely tolerate more than 1 a day. In my case, more fat was not better.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 12:16:10 am »
I was like you too, I'd eat 6 to 12 yolks a day coz i had no source of good fat and people on this forum are obsessed with fat. Eventually yolks started giving me the runs and now i can barely tolerate more than 1 a day. In my case, more fat was not better.

My situation with avocado is similar. I would eat 1 or 2 a day, but one day it began giving me the runs and I stopped after realizing it. It's been months, worth trying again.

Offline onekingreigns

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 01:14:41 am »
I'm fairly sure that many eggs could greatly reduce your vitamin b/biotin absorption.

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 01:39:38 am »
its not obsession with fat, your body needs to burn something.. so if you arent burning carbs then you need to be burning fats... without avocados and eggs, i dont know how i can get 2000 calories of fat?

im underweight and trying to put on more weight, so im aiming for 3000 calories a day.. im 5"10

Offline actionhero

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 04:33:47 am »
Raw eggs are awesome. They are VERY nourishing.

I drink anywhere from 8-16 raw eggs daily. I've had up to 20 in one day without problems.

But they are not a replacement for real animal fat. Try fatty ground beef and bone marrow.

Avocado is a joke compared to real animal fat.

A P E X   P R E D A T O R

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 04:53:19 am »
Yeah,I eat a ton of eggs also.The best way is to spread your "dosage" out during the day. For example: 4 in morning,4 at noon,and 4 in the evening.Something like that. Too much at once I think may be the problem for some people.Also,I don't believe in separating whites from yolks.I eat the whole damn thing(without the shell of course).I don't believe Paleo man saparated the yolks from the whites.He was too hungry for that ;)
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 05:31:47 am »
Yeah,I eat a ton of eggs also.The best way is to spread your "dosage" out during the day. For example: 4 in morning,4 at noon,and 4 in the evening.Something like that. Too much at once I think may be the problem for some people.Also,I don't believe in separating whites from yolks.I eat the whole damn thing(without the shell of course).I don't believe Paleo man saparated the yolks from the whites.He was too hungry for that ;)
I eat eggs whole to. The only reason people seperate them is because fear of biotin defficiency which is completely misunderstood. The end of this article explains it fully.
http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/raw-eggs.htm
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 06:39:00 am »
question.. i can get access to 80/20 raw ground beef..

if its 80/20, is that a good balance? still seems like 80% protein, 20% fat, is still a wrong ratio

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 06:47:04 am »
question.. i can get access to 80/20 raw ground beef..

if its 80/20, is that a good balance? still seems like 80% protein, 20% fat, is still a wrong ratio

this is a ratio of volume. if one can get really grass-fed 80/20 beef (which is very rare in my experience) this would equal 70% fat by calorie without adding other fat.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 06:48:08 am »
this is a ratio of volume. if one can get really grass-fed 80/20 beef (which is very rare in my experience) this would equal 70% fat by calorie without adding other fat.
No. 80/20 is not the ratio for protein vs fat or volume it's the ratio of total mass vs fat.

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 06:52:59 am »
thanks for the explanation.. yes i can get grass fed 80/20 from whole foods store..

i guess i dont have to worry about getting sick right?

and also this has enough fat, that i dont have to supplement it with fat/avocado while eating?

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 06:53:43 am »
p/s you guys are way toooooooooo helpful.. you are really really helping me out more than you know it.

cheers to you guys  :D

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 07:04:06 am »
No. 80/20 is not the ratio for protein vs fat or volume it's the ratio of total mass vs fat.

how is this not volume? it literally means 80% ground beef. 20% ground fat. Why don't you correct some of my frequent spelling errors too. the point it is not a signifier of 20% by calorie. [edited by moderator]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:55:47 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 07:10:09 am »
80/20 by mass would mean 33.3% fat by calories right? I'd say that's enough fat to start anyway. It's enough, so that if it wasn't enough, you would only slowly build a desire for more fat, and it wouldn't really affect you while you looked for more.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 07:10:28 am »
thanks for the explanation.. yes i can get grass fed 80/20 from whole foods store..

i guess i dont have to worry about getting sick right?

and also this has enough fat, that i dont have to supplement it with fat/avocado while eating?

there are some concerns with ground beef, most people will do fine but no one can assure you that its 100% safe. Its probably better to grind your own, but that won't solve your fat problems and its likely fine to eat from the store. Some people will still eat it with added fat, especially if they are otherwise eating other things. Even if one is shooting for higher fat, one doesn't have to have it in every meal, its just easier that way. Eggs seem to combine and actually augment the taste of ground beef more so than other cuts in my experience.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 07:32:05 am »
I eat Trader Joe's 80/20 ground beef all the time. I love it. I like that I know the nutrient profile of it for Fitday. I let it airdry in the fridge before eating it...so good!

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 08:53:34 am »
I thought we were talking about eggs? ;D Anyway,at the Whole Foods where I am,they don't have grass-finished beef.
I guess some people are concerned with grain-fed vs. grass-fed/grain-finished vs. grass-fed/grass-finished more than others.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 09:45:36 am »
I thought we were talking about eggs? ;D Anyway,at the Whole Foods where I am,they don't have grass-finished beef.
I guess some people are concerned with grain-fed vs. grass-fed/grain-finished vs. grass-fed/grass-finished more than others.

I care about being Zero Carb. I am Zero Carb first, raw second. Grass-fed is down on my list, though I do like to get Australian lamb and organic beef. But I'll go for regular grainfed meat over any organic raw carbs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk