Author Topic: physique  (Read 6652 times)

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
physique
« on: August 21, 2009, 06:06:53 am »

I just converted from a more compromised diet to a 100% raw meat no carb stlye diet.  I am an athlete (MMA) so I already have what most would see as an exceptional physique. 210-220 pounds  8% body fay  20'' arms 33'' waist etc.  However there is room for improvment and I will keep you guys posted on the physical improvements I expirience on this awesome primal carnivore diet as they happen. I am convinced that now that I'm not spiking my insulin anymore  the constant supply of growth hormone will have many physique improving qualities as well as anti-aging effects. I'm very excited about that.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's had any awesome muscle growth results with this type of diet as opposed to the others they have tried, also fat loss and getting "shredded" stories are inspiring as well. And ovecourse impressive strength improvements as well.

Also I'd love to hear about any anti-aging benefits (hair regrowth in bald areas, return of hair color, loss of skin blemishes, repair of connective tissues, healed diseases etc. )

I'm excited for all of us and thankful to find this forum !!!

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: physique
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 07:38:39 pm »
Hey, where do you train? I've had some improvements in strength and physique but mostly because I came to this diet from raw vegan which left me a lot smaller than my SAD days. I can say my skin is better for sure though. I train bjj and a bit of kickboxing/judo/wrestling at a place called Hassett's Jiu Jit Su in New Jersey.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 08:30:07 pm »
Improvements here, too...though I am never zero carb.

I've never had health issues and I've always healed rather quickly, but lots of little things cleared up when I went raw.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 01:12:19 am »
 I train at a little gym called Team Prophesy in Denver. I'm starting to focus on the BJJ aspect more now. The only way I've lost in the cage is due to submission (hence the dislocated elbow from refusing to tap from a very well set kimora). BJJ is the one thing that can beat me so I am so impressed with it I have to get that power for myself. It really is the most efficient and effective way to win a fight 1 on 1 with anyone from what I can tell. If a person was only to learn 1 fighting style you cant go wrong with the Brazilian Ju-Jitsu.
 I'm known for knocking guys out with one punch from either hand so now nobody will stand with me in the cage and I only get fights with better and better ground fighters. One of my personal drives is to become the best ground fighter ever, and I will ;-)
 I've only been practicing martial arts for less than a year now and I'm completely hooked. Your gonna see a raw meat eater in the UFC guys!!

So far after 5 days on my raw predator diet I've noticed, a less manic mind, fall asleep easier, leaning out (even though I'm injured and not working out my abbs are showing more each day) I'm not losing muscle mass sitting on the couch, my sight is a little more clear and I perceive colors that other people don't (very interesting) my sex drive is suddenly pretty ridiculously high like when I was a teenager (look out wife) , my scalp has stopped itching and flaking, and my nose is a little more clear and easy to breath out of (which is new for me).

There are also some detox symptoms going on. I feel moody on and off and have energy lows sometimes where I feel clouded and negative, however with as much toxic garbage as my body is cleaning out right now (including stubborn belly fat that's been there my whole life) I think it's to be expected. And going from lots of carbs to none is no doubt forcing my system to make some extreme changes in where and how it gets energy. Watching someone eat pizza is painful but I do it anyway to make myself stronger, it reminds me that there is a price for superhuman health, if it was easy everyone would do it. That adjounis (or however you spell his name) hasn't aged in the last 30 years from what I can see so it'll all be more than worth it my raw brothers and sisters ;-)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 08:03:06 am »
(hence the dislocated elbow from refusing to tap from a very well set kimora)
I haven't had big muscle bulking, but my muscles are better defined and my ligaments are stronger so that my joints don't dislocate as easily as they used to. Who knows, maybe your ligaments will tighten some too, which could be an advantage in your matches.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 08:18:38 am »
I do expect better ligament strength. Not that mine are weak, I tried to fight the power of a guys whole body with one arm at a very disadvantageous angle and basically with my own strength (which was much greater than my opponents) I caused my own injury. Basically I had it in my mind I was there to win and was unwilling to accept defeat. They say tap or snap and I chose snap lol.

However on the raw meat diet I think even greater tendon and ligament integrity is going to occur and it would be awesome to become so unbreakable that it never happens again, I'm excited at the idea and look forward to testing myself to the limit with a much better diet and physical integrity than ever before.

You say it tightened up your connective tissues making you more resistant to dislocations. I definitely believe you but I'm curious how you know. Like  what is it you can do now that you couldn't before without injury? Or along those lines.  And thanks for responding I find this kind of discussion very interesting and exciting.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 08:36:37 am »
You say it tightened up your connective tissues making you more resistant to dislocations. I definitely believe you but I'm curious how you know.
Because my left knee doesn't pop out of its socket as easily as it used to and my thumbs are not as "double jointed" as they used to be (subluxation from lax ligaments). I know, it probably sounds implausible and I didn't think this was possible, but I learned to stop questioning the amazing benefits of low-carb and ZC Paleo long ago. Every month or so either I or one of my friends or relatives who is Paleo or near-Paleo experiences another mind-boggling improvement.

For me, it's like every cell in my body shouts "Yes! I love it!" when I eat raw meat and fat. It feels like I'm eating what I was designed to eat more than at any other time in my life and my health continues to improve (when I don't cheat with a little carbs or lots of cooked meats and pay the price--usually for social reasons).
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 10:00:14 am »
WOW thats awesome!!  This is the kinda stuff I wanna hear,  it will make it easier for all of us to stick to this way of life  which is contrary to the hurd if we all inspire each other with the awesome health and well being improvements etc.  that we get from our discipline:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk