Poll

Are our bodies exclusively designed for warm tropical environments?

Yes, no doubt! We all should actually live in warm regions.
Nonsense! Human beings are able to thrive nearly everywhere on this planet.
I'm not sure.

Author Topic: Please vote: Are we meant to live in the tropics?  (Read 34127 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Please vote: Are we meant to live in the tropics?
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2011, 06:49:26 am »
(…) a really great point that is pertinent to the forum and which brings up really useful information and discussions..... like how you and Zi have changed in respect to the cold on your diets.

According to my personal experience, resistance to the cold mainly depends on habituation. When working outside the whole year, I was withstanding the cold very well, whether I was still eating cooked food or already on 100% raw. On the contrary, if I stay in a heated house working on my computer most of the day, I become very sensitive to the cold whatever my diet is.

The difference is that on cooked food and dairy I had 4 to 5 months a year a cold (and even sometimes a stinking one while living in a tropical country, which tend to show that colds are detox) while now I very seldom catch one.

Obese people are generally very resistant to cold since their under-skin fat shields them – and the best way to become obese is to eat cooked food! But they can’t stand the heat.  >D
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2011, 08:16:42 am »
My experience is different than yours Iguana as every time (which has been many) I went from high raw to all raw my cold and heat tolerance got exponentially better. I always felt that it was because it took so much of my energy to digest cooked foods. Many times when eating cooked food I would notice how I got colder afterward when that did not happen with raw food. My size didn't seem to have much to do with this tolerance but I understand what you are saying about fat being an insulator. Maybe that's just my system - but it's interesting that others have had that experience too.

The tropics means where the earth does not freeze. Even if we run hot or cold, whether uncomfortable or not, the heat in the tropics does not kill humans like the the cold in cold places does. The discussions are pertinent to the theme of the forum about how people here got better at dealing with the cold AND I'm still don't think that it makes the point that we are adapted to the cold. Maybe we can survive somewhat out of our ideal adaptation range though - more than I expected according to Zi's experiences, but we are still better suited physically to warmer climes than to cold ones. The loss of fur, standing up, and sweating  I think still has precedence in terms of physical adaptation over survival techniques. You don't need any techniques when it is above freezing.

I like the conversation though. Doesn't Zi's experience arouse curiosity?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2011, 09:05:14 am »
Quote from: Iguana link=topic=5896.msg79586#msg79586
The difference is that on cooked food and dairy I had 4 to 5 months a year a cold (and even sometimes a stinking one while living in a tropical country, which tend to show that colds are detox) while now I very seldom catch one.

Obese people are generally very resistant to cold since their under-skin

No fat in the skin and we can't tolerate heat or cold.

I ate cooked egg and cooked meat and I got seven to eight month colds every year till in a four month period a doctor gave me two injections and a lodge member drilled close to ten  holes into my teeth and filled them with mercury amalgam and I was in a house fire suffered from a great deal of smoke inhalation and went untreated. I got a bunch of symptoms at the close of those four months, but they were all ignored and the doctor proclaimed that one of the injections cured me of my colds and that I was now well because of it.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2011, 09:26:44 am »
I can't remember the last time I got a cold.

You sure have had some wild experiences Zi!

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2011, 05:56:10 pm »
I can't remember the last time I got a cold.
Same here. The last few years before going raw i never had one either. My diet was low carb lots of animal product and lots of salads. I did used to get a sore throat a few times a year on cooked. No other symptons just inflammation of my throat. Never took antibiotics for it off course. Thats gone since going (90%) raw.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2011, 06:01:59 pm »
Iguana, whether the Neanderthals originally came from Africa 800,000 years ago or not, is irrelevant. The point is that the multiregional hypothesis states that we are all ultimately descended from homo erectus populations, most of   which left Africa c. 2 million years ago, and which then, independently, evolved to homo sapiens status. Intermixing, here and there, prevented speciation, of course. But the point is that this means that we are all descended from various apemen, not just the Neanderthals, and did not suddenly appear in Africa c. 70,000 years ago.

As for the issue of cold adaptation, it's clear, given Neanderthal body structure, that they were more adapted to cold than any other hominid type.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2011, 08:43:41 pm »
    Absolutely!  If practically all I eat is raw fat, an all raw diet, I can tolerate just about any temperature.  I still as all above prefer cold.   

You don't get adrenal problems on such a zero carb diet?

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2011, 08:50:40 pm »
..But, according to what I read elsewhere,  modern humans carry no more than a very small amount of Neanderthal genes in their DNA (1 to 4%, as I mentioned before) - or none at all as is doubtlessly the case of Africans.

Maybe there are some exceptions? After reading his last posts I'm pretty sure that Tyler did not descend from Neanderthals. He IS a Neanderthal!

Re malaria and raw foodists/instinctos: Do you know falciparum cases personally?

Löwenherz

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2011, 09:14:52 pm »
1. ;D But Neanderthals were in no way dumb brutes! (I don't mean TD is one ;) )

2. Not personally but I heard/read that 2 persons died of falciparum because they refused to take medicine, against what GCB advises. One stubbornly stuck to a fast and the other was a girl who was totally desperate following a failed love story. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:20:34 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2011, 02:42:36 am »
..I have been completely AV style pd, and like how that works a lot.  How about you?

I tried the AV style PD too in 2003 and 2004 but raw dairy is as disastrous for my body as cooked dairy.

My absolute favourite is bison meat + backfat. Unfortunately it's nearly impossible to get 100% grass-fed bison in Europe..

Löwenherz

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2011, 02:46:31 am »
You don't get adrenal problems on such a zero carb diet?

I have had extreme adrenal problems almost all my life.  Having next to zero carbs, all raw, and combining my little bit of unripe fruit and unheated honey with usually grassfed butter raw cultured lots of it at a time for a fat together in a plate definitely makes my adrenals feel the best ever, but maybe the green juice other parts of the day does some and combining lots of raw fat with the usually white meat raw.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk