Author Topic: teeth and hunting  (Read 19668 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: teeth and hunting
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2009, 02:38:19 am »
err... but fish/eggs/peanuts are just as if not MORE addictive. There's nothing inherently wrong with being addictive anyway.

peanuts are legumes...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2009, 09:35:05 am »
Went raw in the early seventies and stuck to it, and swore by eating fruit, dreamed of becoming a real fruitarian time and time again. Try to find one who doesn't cheat.  And if you can, take a good look.  He or she won't be something you will want to emulate.  It's a mind trip many many people have fallen into and continue to do so.  And when I say mind, I mean exactly that.  The same mind that looks for perfection everywhere else but in the present,  'if I only can clean out my years of eating dead food, If I can only find the perfect fruit,  I'll reach enlightenment, or perfect health, or live forever"  Sound familiar? I started when there really wasn't the internet, and thus my exposure was highly limited, so easy to be influenced.    Even raw 'gurus' like Kulvininskus,( spelling), Clement, and Cousins all have given up on fruit.  Good luck

This is a very good post and echoes my experience. I consider myself a smart person and fell head first into the "if only I was a pure raw vegan/fruitarian" mindset for at least a couple of years. All it got me was spending tons of money and energy on food, having it be the central focus of my life, losing a lot of weight (muscle and fat) and denying myself foods for what I see now as a false reason. I would have been just as good, if not better, eating a semi-healthy version of SAD as I was trying to be a fruitarian or near fruitarian raw vegan.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2009, 04:35:59 pm »
This is a very good post and echoes my experience. I consider myself a smart person and fell head first into the "if only I was a pure raw vegan/fruitarian" mindset for at least a couple of years. All it got me was spending tons of money and energy on food, having it be the central focus of my life, losing a lot of weight (muscle and fat) and denying myself foods for what I see now as a false reason. I would have been just as good, if not better, eating a semi-healthy version of SAD as I was trying to be a fruitarian or near fruitarian raw vegan.

I had much the same experience. I would go through numerous diets such as cooked palaeo or raw vegan/fruitarian and then primal diet, wondering if there was some perfect fruit or (cooked) wildgame meat that would help me overcome my health-problems. The trouble was that, at the time, info on diet, especially raw-meat-oriented, was virtually nonexistent online.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009, 05:49:04 am »
Another thought is how did they store their meat once they caught a large animal? They didn't have fridges or freezers back then. Would they just allow their meat to age naturally or would they process it in some way or store specially?
Few ideas I had were:
burying in the ground to get it at colder temp
smoking (if their was fire)
dehydrating.... not sure how they would have accomplished this though.

When meat is left out flies tend to swarm it and lay their eggs. We all know the result of this however is the meat considered unfit when there are maggots on it? I know my cats wont eat it but my dogs are always more than willing. I understand that maggots are a source of protein as well however the quality of it I am unsure. Do any of you ever leave their meat out in the open air for more than a hour or so?

So, I'm thinking of burying some fish for bacteria and eating purposes, first time.  Any tips?

Yes, plenty of times I left meat out overnight, sixteen hours, 24, went out came back and ate what was drying on a ceramic or glass plate.  It's good. 

Have you seen the latest primal diet newsletter from aajonus?  He talks about preserving meat starting out by drying it this way, but different amount of hours, etc.

I've let raw grass fed milk sit out too long and intentionally eaten the resultant maggots.  They were crunchy.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk