Author Topic: Malnourishment  (Read 49272 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Malnourishment
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2013, 11:29:59 pm »
how can you only take one bottle per winter but also state that you take a full syringe each time?  is winter like a few weeks for you?

also whats up with all these supplement pushers on this website?

I dont take it every day. I just recommended her to take it every day to treat her depression. Thres no danger in taking too much since its a food and not a supplement. Also when I finish my bottle during the winter I dont usually get another one because I feel like im all set with the vitamin d for the rest of the winter. I usually take 2 syringes though.

as far as people pushing supplements suddenly it is very strange to me. I know we had problems with trolls in the past who would pretend to be legitimate members but would constantly try to sneak little pro vegan points. We caught a bunch of them. These people always try to fool us into thinking they are legitimate raw paleo dieters while trying to sneakily insert their poisons into our forum. These people have tried to undermine the integrity of the forum from the very beginning.

I hope this isnt whats happening now with the trolls having become more sophisticated since the people pushing the supplements do seem like genuine members to me for the most part.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2013, 11:37:19 pm »
And if you have a problem assimilating vitaming d from the sun then just get some fermented cod liver oil and solve your problem with food rather than chemicals.

First of all in a natural world you would have never been in a car accident. Also you would have healed much better and faster than you did now in a natural world.

All the cavemen analyzed from thousands of years ago, what you will find is they all have a countless amount of broken bones that healed PERFECTLY. They would break bones constantly and heal them and be right back in the field hunting before too long.

and if you want to drink chemicals for the rest of your life go ahead but ill guarantee your liver is not going to be happy. Why bother with that stuff when there isnt anything in a pil that you need which you cant get in food. Not one thing.
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2013, 03:35:41 am »
All the cavemen analyzed from thousands of years ago, what you will find is they all have a countless amount of broken bones that healed PERFECTLY. They would break bones constantly and heal them and be right back in the field hunting before too long.

How come you never post evidence for your claims? It's my understanding that at any point in the hunter gatherer era a broken ankle was a death sentence. Literally an easy meal for any animal coming along.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2013, 04:15:19 am »
How come you never post evidence for your claims? It's my understanding that at any point in the hunter gatherer era a broken ankle was a death sentence. Literally an easy meal for any animal coming along.

I dont really feel like doing hours of research for you but heres a good start for you.

http://magazine-archives.wustl.edu/winter00/trinkaus.html

ill entertain you a bit more but im not going to continue finding citations for every one of my posts just to satisfy you everytime I want to prove a very rudimentary point such as this.

Please lear to use google so I dont have to keep wasting time on this.
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2013, 04:31:02 am »
http://magazine-archives.wustl.edu/winter00/trinkaus.html

Interesting article. Seems like when a neanderthal (or other HG) was injured, their tribe would help keep them safe while they recover.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2013, 07:54:16 am »
I would love someone to explain how it is that 'fermented' cod liver oil doesn't go rancid, with it's high pufa content.  Hanging salmon in the fridge, I witness it's oils going off.  I've tried it, and burn in the back of the throat was enough for me to 'believe' the oil wasn't only fermented (what ever that means for an oil/fat, but oxidized and damaged.  My opinion there's a trade off, V-D for unhealthy oils.   Some speculate the visible aging seen with peoples of the North eating high amounts of pufa fish and seal meat, is due to the highly oxidized fats.     I'm open though, persuade me and my taste instinct that the burn in the throat is healthy. 

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2013, 11:05:21 am »
The bottle of green pastures fclo says on the label that its supposed to burn your throat. Not sure if its good or bad but I got used to it. Perhaps theres some oxidation but theres no mistaking the mood lift I get from FCLO, both immediately from the bacteria and gradually through the vitamin. I believe theres no denying what I feel from it.

Perhaps the fermentation fixes the oxidation somehow?
-----------

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2013, 12:05:10 pm »
I would love someone to explain how it is that 'fermented' cod liver oil doesn't go rancid, with it's high pufa content.  Hanging salmon in the fridge, I witness it's oils going off.  I've tried it, and burn in the back of the throat was enough for me to 'believe' the oil wasn't only fermented (what ever that means for an oil/fat, but oxidized and damaged.  My opinion there's a trade off, V-D for unhealthy oils.   Some speculate the visible aging seen with peoples of the North eating high amounts of pufa fish and seal meat, is due to the highly oxidized fats.     I'm open though, persuade me and my taste instinct that the burn in the throat is healthy. 

I do no fish oils... I rather eat fish. It is always better to eat the whole package. That said, I read somewhere (sorry I have no time to look for the place/link now..) that the high Iodine content in seafoods protects the body from negative reactions of any PUFA in it. Iodine is way stronger anti oxidant as vitamin C, BTW. I do not think there are any iodine left in extracted fish oil?

As long as I eat my fish raw, even if it was a few days in my fridge.. I am not concerned. Because there are all the stuff my body needs to deal with rancid PUFAs in that seafood. I do would be concerned eating any fish oil though. Not only is there so many things missing... but I also think it might make the fatty acid profile screwed... in the long run.
It might give a false "safe feeling" being able to take the fish oil and leave out the real seafood - what would make one miss out all the other components we so need, like zinc, selenium, iodine, magnesium..... that seafood is full of.

Sure, if no access to fish, it still might be a good idea, better than nothing. IDK for sure. But I would choose real seafood over oils ANY time. I would just not choose a place to live where no seafood available, that important it is to me.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2013, 12:13:53 pm »
svrn,
I do not doubt you feel good from CLO if you are depleted in the fatty acids you get from it. I still would never continue the use, but just take it maybe a short time for emergency and then switch to real seafoods. Any prolonged use of fish oils can not be good. From all the research I have done.

Take it as a sign that your body is severely depleted of those fatty acids, and start changing your diet instead!

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2013, 12:16:34 pm »
I only take it in the winter for vitamin d but you are right, its probably not good to take regularly compared to eating fish. I view the fclo as a high meat type thing as well, its a great probiotic.

But fish is definitly superior unless you really need a huge dose of vitamin d.

-----------

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2013, 12:26:43 pm »
Hmmm.. I would not say refined fish oils are anything close to high meat at all..lol but each to he's own.  ;)

If you suffer from low vitamin D.. you need to tan more in summer. Make it your 1.st priority, always when you can. I do that, and I never take any vit. D extra. Real sun is so much better. I do think it is normal to get a bit low in vitamin D in winter too. It is seasonal. I believe in the rhythms of the nature very strongly... I believe they are all there for a reason, only the messed up human being have started to create her own rhythms.. and that can only end sad, like it uses to do when we are messing up with nature.
Day / night, winter / summer, warm / cold.. all those are there and they are good. Also to eat a keto diet in winter is very important if living in places that have no growing season then.

If we mess up with those rhythms it might be we think we need extra vit. D.. and other things that are actually very unnatural... to feel good.

PS. It is not only vitamin D that the sun gives us.. there are so many others things.. the sun really is magic! Here goes the same rule like the fish oils. We can make us feel "safe" eating the vitamin thinking we can go with less sunshine.. but oh no.. how dangerous a thought that is. The sun should better have a very high priority in our lives...  :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 12:32:13 pm by Inger »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2013, 12:39:35 pm »
You are right about everything.

Its also interesting how now I can stay inthe hottest sun as long as I went and never get burnt, I feel incredible after actually.

Before I went raw I used to get burned in the slightest sun and I would be red all over.

Now Im still just as white as I ever was (im actually pinker now at all times sun or no sun) but theres is never any burning I may only get a tan for a bit but I still dont hold one for very very long.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 12:46:10 pm by svrn »
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2013, 03:26:09 am »
Bump

What's the update? How ya holding up?

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2013, 08:08:36 am »
You are right about everything.

Its also interesting how now I can stay inthe hottest sun as long as I went and never get burnt, I feel incredible after actually.

Before I went raw I used to get burned in the slightest sun and I would be red all over.

Now Im still just as white as I ever was (im actually pinker now at all times sun or no sun) but theres is never any burning I may only get a tan for a bit but I still dont hold one for very very long.

That excites me. I knew there was something just wrong about how easily us humans burned in the sun.
How would we survive before sunscreen? I hate sunscreen.
I knew it was wrong. I hope I was right

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2013, 09:04:20 am »
Green Pastures claims their cod liver oil is not at all refined and raw cod liver oil is a traditional Eskimo and Scandinavian medicinal food.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2013, 06:26:17 am »
i believe those things its says are true yet they still do not change ingers valid points on the oil.

raw fish is probably superior.
-----------

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2013, 08:28:09 am »
I don't see high meat and CLO as a mutually exclusive either-or and the Eskimos apparently didn't either, and those who are still eating traditional foods apparently still don't. Despite eating high meat, they nonetheless thought that Leche liver oil and seal oil that were produced via raw fermentation were additionally healing for them.  So the gist of both Inger's and my points can be right at the same time in at least some sense.

Of course, it depends on the individual's needs. Of all the horror of horrors from a Paleo and Instincto perspective, in my case, pyroluria therapy seems to be working remarkably well, for example, and it is recommended in the program to avoid omega 3 oils and to supplement with Paleo-hated omega 6 fats, so I'm putting aside yummy CLO and wild tuna and salmon for now and starting to eat leaner white fish that I don't care much for the taste of and I'm doing it not because of some fear of fish oil oxidants (after all, omega 6 oil is supposed to be even worse according to just about any Paleo or Instincto expert), but because it's currently working for me.

The latest improvement on this regimen is that my day vision also seems to be improving, along with my night vision. I am now able to read this text on the PC with an old weaker eyeglass prescription for the first time in years after about a week on an only partial application of the pyroluria therapy. Despite my going in the opposite direction, I still don't see a particular reason to doubt the Eskimo's valuing of leche and seal oil, except for the question raised by some observer reports that they aged faster than avg., though that doesn't seem to be solidly established.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:44:19 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2013, 04:31:26 am »
Bump

Poncho what is your diet like nowadays? Supplements? Sleep patterns? Exercise? Etc.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2013, 06:22:10 am »
Bump

Poncho what is your diet like nowadays? Supplements? Sleep patterns? Exercise? Etc.

I eat a good variety of foods now!
Its great.
I eat all organic, all raw, but a real variety now.
Although I have yet to overcome my stomach issues, I am really progressing.
My face looks healthy, my skin is so soft, I feel entirely sane again.

I am very excited, I even went to a concert last weekend and stood for 5 hours. (Very impressive for me, haha)
Things are looking up

Unfortunately, I think I still have a long road ahead of me.
The results I am seeing are motivation enough.
See, I don't care how hard it is, how long it'll take, how painful it will be, I just want to know that someday I will be good again.
I believe I'm well on my way.

100% raw paleo + raw goat's dairy is the way to go, for me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk