Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 8365 times)

Offline billy4184

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Hi everyone
« on: November 01, 2011, 08:08:38 am »
My name's Billy and I decided to join up on the forum after deciding to make another, and hopefully a final, attempt to cut out the foods that I can see are not doing me any good. The trigger this time was the condition of my teeth, even after cutting out sugar for the last couple of years. I just had a lot of fillings done, and some braces put in, and now that I keep a close eye on what is going on in my mouth I can see the changes that are taking place for the worse. I have always gone easy on the cooked starches but it looks like its going to have to be none if I want to keep those choppers. In fact its my opinion that sugar isn't primarily responsible for decay because it dissolves so easily, but starch sticks to the teeth like clay.
Anyways, I have successfully gone (mostly) raw before, during 6 months training for a muay thai fight, during which I was running mornings and training arvos. Unfortunately on the morning of the fight I experienced one of those periods of extreme clarity and decided not to eat much, and you can guess what happened. I went all three rounds and lost, but I see that whole period as a big success because of what I achieved from being able to stick with my own decisions, something that I have been sorely lacking since. Although I'm big on fruits and vegetables, I yo-yo'd with cooked starches because of trying to reduce it and time it and all that which doesn't work.

Yesterday I made up my mind and bought a big steak and made one of my famous salads (my family unfortunately don't see things the way I do) and started the roll. I've always been one for jumping in head first, because if the reason is good enough then I might as well go all the way, so as of now I don't plan to eat any starches or sugars that don't come from fruit and vegetables. Coffee, which I can never drink any way except short, black and no sugar, is still in ;D

My goals are to reduce or heal my tooth decay and have better general health. I'm studying environmental engineering and I want to have all my priorities right before I really jump on the treadmill. I also want to reach 100 pushups, 20 pull-ups and 20 hand-stand pushups ( at the mo its 50, 14, 5, and yes I kiss the ground on each one).

Hopefully I can do this by mutual encouragement with like minded people, who seem few and far between on my daily excursions. Isn't the internet great? Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope to talk to you soon. Cheers!

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." Buddha

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 10:04:01 am »
  Welcome Billy!
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 11:52:37 am »
Good luck.  I recommend bone meal, vitamin D, scallops, spinach, and healing clays for your teeth. Flossing and gentle brushing are good too.

Offline billy4184

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 01:17:24 pm »
Thanks Rawzi and Cherimoya_kid, thanks for the advice. Well, I'm on a student budget right now but hopefully when I graduate soon I will have enough money for proper food, shame its so expensive just to find something to safely put in your mouth. I don't trust the beef from the local supermarket enough to eat it raw, the stories I hear of the cattle industry  :P anyway I take a lid of cod liver oil ever day or two and try to keep my tan. I got myself some no-fluoride toothpaste as well. As for seafood, sardines are all I'll be able to eat regularly for the time being. Haven't looked into healing clays yet tho...
"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." Buddha

Offline billy4184

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 02:19:38 pm »
I notice someone's been cleaning up my comments, and if I'm not mistaken it was you Cherimoya_kid. Care to let me know why?

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 02:49:28 pm »
Billy,
The moderators want to make sure our forum is the best it can be.  We get thousands of visitors and we don't want them distracted by spelling errors, missing punctuation, and poor grammar.  They do their best to clean things up without changing the meaning of the message. 

I'm not a moderator, but I personally appreciate it when they fix my errors.  I try to catch them myself, but miss on occasion and don't see the error until the message is locked and I can no longer fix it myself.  I've never had them make a change that I wouldn't have made myself if I had seen the error.

Some of the moderators are a bit obsessive/compulsive about it, but I'd rather have them make the corrections than have my posts full of spelling, punctuation, and bad grammar for all the world to see.    Many people read my posts as they will yours, so I want them to be the best they can be as it reflects well on me as well as the whole community of this forum.

Lex

Offline billy4184

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 04:05:31 pm »
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant deleting.
I had a couple of comments removed from a thread on fructose. I don't mind spelling and grammatical errors being fixed, but if someone's going to remove what I say they'd better give me a good reason or I'm out of here.
My last question still stands.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 05:01:31 pm »
Hmm, I'm the moderator who edits peoples' posts in order to correct spelling-mistakes, grammar, and , more rarely, punctuation, as that makes the forum's appearance better.AFAIK, I'm the only one.  I don't try to delete peoples' comments, as that would be censorship. I suppose that it might be vaguely possible that I somehow deleted a whole comment by mistake. It does seem highly unlikely since I usually have to correct just  one letter each time, only rarely having to remove a whole word to replace it with the same word with the right spelling. Anyway, if I did do something wrong, I apologise. I think(?) I do recall editing your post in this very  thread, on 1st November 15:08 for spelling purposes, but I'm certain I didn't see any mention of fructose...
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline billy4184

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 05:24:16 pm »
Hi TylerDurden,
My two comments which disappeared were on the thread `Gabriel Cousins on fruit and fructose' which involved a vegan arguing with everybody else. I simply put in my point of view, which includes not eating a lot of meat, which I think set somebody off, and I noticed that Cherimoya_kid put in a very heated post straight after where my last one would have been. In the short time I've been here I've come across Cherimoya_kid beating off probable `threats' a couple of times and it seems that the policing is taken a bit seriously. I intend to be changing my diet and experimenting as I see fit and I'm not interested in a place where I can only poke my head out if what I say pleases someone.
I understand there's a whole little war going on here with durianrider and his fruitarian cohorts against the meat-eaters and its just a joke to me.
Anyway thanks for replying and I hope that I can contribute something worthwhile to this forum, because some of the discussions and topics  have been fantastic and very helpful to me.
Cheers
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 04:34:07 am by TylerDurden »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 03:24:21 am »
I notice someone's been cleaning up my comments, and if I'm not mistaken it was you Cherimoya_kid. Care to let me know why?

I didn't delete your posts.I'm not sure what happened to them. Maybe a software glitch?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 08:59:46 pm »
The posts about coffee are now here :
Coffee: A Splendid Paleolithic Brew
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline billy4184

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 03:06:33 pm »
Hi Paul, thanks. And welcome to you, too.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 03:07:13 am »
A little bit late on the uptake - but.......

Pleased to make your acquaintance Billy.

Offline billy4184

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 06:17:19 am »
Thanks Dorothy!

Offline billy4184

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 12:30:35 pm »
And likewise :D

Offline billy4184

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 06:20:03 pm »
In Paraguay now. Eating mangoes and bananas from my grandmother's yard, cabbage salads, eggs and meat. The birds got all the avocados before I could get here :(
Very nice to be away from the city! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk