Author Topic: Hair Loss  (Read 14260 times)

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
Hair Loss
« on: March 26, 2010, 12:08:51 pm »
To me it appears that the main culprit in hair loss is sebum (sebum causing inflammation, constricted blood supply or something). Vitamin A, which is only found in animal liver, lowers sebum which prevents or slows down hair loss. I've been eating copious amounts of grain fed liver, and grass fed dried liver and have has some conclusive hair regrow. Ironically one of the side effects of vitamin A overdose it telogen effluvium - a type of hair loss, so I don't think I will be able to eat as much liver as I am at the moment indefinitely. Based on recent experience the best treatment for Male Pattern Baldness would be to eat as much Liver to lower sebum production as much as you can without reaching toxicity to the point where telogen effluvium will occur (which is of course a variable amount from person to person).

The connection between high testosterone/high DHT and hair loss appears to be that high levels of these hormones increase sebum production even if only in very small quantities so by taking androgen blockers one may not actually notice dry hair, skin etc.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Hair Loss
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 12:34:33 pm »
How about soap and shampoo?
I was losing hair at one time.
Barber told me it was the shampoo.
I stopped shampooing altogether and got my hair all back.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 09:03:16 am »
How about soap and shampoo?
I was losing hair at one time.
Barber told me it was the shampoo.
I stopped shampooing altogether and got my hair all back.

Wouldn't have much significant impact on MPB. The only way I think it could influence it is because constantly drying the hair out with shampoo could only encourage more sebum to be produced. Irritation to the scalp from the shampoo could be causing hair loss but that's different.

Offline smithgerry

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 08:13:10 pm »
Here are some best hair loss tips:
1. Massage the scalp with 2-3 drops of essential oil or a good vegetable oil. Massage well into the scalp so that the oil gets into deep roots of hair.
2. Avoid getting hair creams, lotions, styling gels and sprays directly on the scalp as they will clog your hair follicles.
3. Do not choose shampoos that are drying.
4. Eat a handful of white sesame seeds every morning.
5. After swimming in a pool, shampoo your hair as soon as possible to remove any chlorine residue.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 09:39:20 pm »
Here are some best hair loss tips:
4. Eat a handful of white sesame seeds every morning.

You are slipping smithgerry boy.
Why do you marketers think raw paleo forum is such a good place to post your links? 
Are we that popular?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline gep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 12:35:51 am »
I noticed Ive got hair loss when I eat a lot of lean meat, when I add more fat the problem disappears.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Hair Loss due to glandular problems? Endocrine chart here
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 01:00:14 am »
    Maybe this will help identify reason and help for hairloss.

http://www.drrind.com/therapies/metabolic-symptoms-matrix
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 02:23:53 am »
The connection between high testosterone/high DHT and hair loss appears to be that high levels of these hormones increase sebum production even if only in very small quantities so by taking androgen blockers one may not actually notice dry hair, skin etc.

I thought it was high insulin that was the problem. I thought the insulin converted the testosterone in to something bad.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline worshiper

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 03:21:44 pm »
Your regular diet effects a lot for your hair loss.A diet that contains all the essential vitamins and minerals, helps to minimise the loss of hair. Therefore, you must include green leafy vegetables, oats, raw, and whole grains, eggs, dates and raisins in your daily diet. Since hair is made of protein, it is advisable to adhere to a diet rich in proteins, such as liver, yeast and wheat germ.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 05:20:38 pm »
Maybe you need that stuff Worshiper, but then that could be because you're a vegetable yourself ;)
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 08:43:25 pm »
Your regular diet effects a lot for your hair loss.A diet that contains all the essential vitamins and minerals, helps to minimise the loss of hair. Therefore, you must include green leafy vegetables, oats, raw, and whole grains, eggs, dates and raisins in your daily diet. Since hair is made of protein, it is advisable to adhere to a diet rich in proteins, such as liver, yeast and wheat germ.

Oh my, a slick marketer...

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 12:52:25 am »
Oh my, a slick marketer...

I like their other post though.

Maybe you need that stuff Worshiper, but then that could be because you're a vegetable yourself ;)

He's selling dried berries and clay emulsions/decoctions.  He's a vegetarian, cooked.  At least he knows bacteria and parasites are good.  See his other post.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 08:10:50 am »

You might be right about micro-nutrients, but why did you include... raisins...? And grains..?

Offline kevinchamp

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 10:34:52 am »
It is important to eat healthy foods and ensure that your body is getting the vitamins and minerals that it needs.Male pattern baldness typically starts by causing the hairline to recede in the center of the forehead. It is important to remember that even in a healthy person, it is completely normal to lose between 50 and 100 hairs from the head every day.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 12:10:10 am »
I noticed Ive got hair loss when I eat a lot of lean meat, when I add more fat the problem disappears.
How much lean meat resulted in your hairloss?
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 12:15:06 am »
It's a bit tricky to say that one thing or the other will help you grow a head of hair back. I am led to believe that excessive testosterone will cause hairloss.

I started losing it (my hair in this case  ;D ) when I started drinking a lot of pasteurized whole milk. At the time I had a motorbike and used a full coverage helmet. I always figured that the helmet played a part, so I tried Head and Shoulders shampoo which seem to make it worse.

Since I started the raw diet my GF says it is growing back. I think it is the raspberries and cream and butter and honey that I eat at night for snoring (one of AV's suggestions) that is the trick but I also soak Kasoori Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) in water and massage into may hair after showering. That is an Ayurvedic suggestion.
Cheers
Al

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 12:22:52 am »
raw-al, where are you getting raw cream and butter in Canada?
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 12:33:38 am »
I am a part of a cowshare program in Ontario. We get raw milk and cream and cheese. We make the cream into cheese.
Cheers
Al

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Hair Loss due to glandular problems? Endocrine chart here
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 08:16:16 am »
    Maybe this will help identify reason and help for hairloss.

http://www.drrind.com/therapies/metabolic-symptoms-matrix

I think I may have mild adrenal fatigue. Anyone know of a particular way to treat or diagnose it?

Offline andvanwyk

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 04:33:50 pm »
24 hour cortisol saliva test. Just google it. That's the "scientific" diagnosis. There are a few books about it too, which I haven't read.

I've taken hormones such as DHEA, hydrocortisone and herbs such as chinese ginseng, cordyceps as well as nutrients and supplements. I've also taken adrenal extracts. They all seem to work to a certain extent ... the hormones your body adapts too pretty quickly which I don't like. Unfortunately I have a dose of panic/anxiety to go with it so I find it's easy to send my adrenals into the "hyper" state with some of these supplements and things which can leave me feeling really wired.

I think herbs/eating adrenal glands is probably the best route (oh and sleep is extremely important apparently)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 11:52:54 pm »
there are many reason for hair loss. i used to believe in genetics. i see my parents' hair was thick when they were young. my mom's hair starts to be gray in her early 20s. by the age of 30, she is totally gray. i lost my hair significantly when i was on vegan diet and after that when i had my son. now i barely loss my hair. i am  almost on zero carb raw paleo diet and i also feed my body the sun light. this is working like a magic on my overall health. :D
bugs or country chickens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk