Author Topic: Alligator, Snake and Scorpion.  (Read 10690 times)

Offline Altered Beast

• Forager
    • View Profile
Alligator, Snake and Scorpion.
« on: March 15, 2012, 11:22:24 am »
I am relatively new to raw-paleo lifestyles. This community has been a valuable source
of information and support. I wonder if anyone here has experience or knowledge with
raw reptilian meat or insects types, both farmed.

I have access to some exotic protein sources in Southeast China
and the locals haven't any information on raw meat.
Thanks for any assistance and resources.

CitrusHigh

Re: Alligator, Snake and Scorpion.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 11:27:33 am »
Yeah I've eaten raw rattle snake, raw grubs, caterpillars, ants and their eggs. Do it up as long as they're not reared on unnatural foods. Animals must be eating their natural diets or an acceptable analogue or it's not worth it except in desperation.

But due to China's dismal fucking record of industry, I'd be careful. I won't buy chinese sourced foods here in the US, and I wouldn't buy food there unless I saw the place it came from. They're too farkin' lax and they seem to have a habit of finding ways to fuck up perfectly good food. If you can poison babies and pets, no one is safe.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:33:35 am by Let'sCopOut »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 11:56:25 am »
I agree with everything LetsCopOut just posted.

Offline Altered Beast

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 12:37:52 pm »
That was rather colorful, but I appreciate your weighing in.
It really does go without saying, here, that buyer assumes
all risks.

To be fair, the two gentlemen who were directly linked with
the contaminated baby formula a few years ago, have been executed.
China is a model in accountability, wouldn't you say? Something lacking
in much of the developed world today, where if you throw enough
money at a problem, it disappears.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 02:47:22 pm »
Crocodile meat is farmed here. But they eat commercial 45 day chickens.

Ive tried eating ants eggs  and they are delicious.

You get live ants in it too.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

CitrusHigh

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 08:07:09 pm »
Absolutely, I'm all for personal responsibility and actually to the extreme. I really don't believe in food regulation laws period. However, my taking responsibility for myself with repect to China's unreliable products is not to buy them. It has nothing to do with 'patriotism' or anything silly like that, just a dismal record. I mean, if even their sheet rock is exuding toxic chemicals enough to corrode piping, there's a problem there!

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 02:44:26 am »
china a model of responsibility? lol. Maybe the un says that but the reality is that its pretty much the worst place in the world in every respect.

dont agree with me though or they might come with one of their execution vans and euthanise you. or at least sterilize you.

keep saying that they are a model of accountability, that will keep you safe. also if those guys did really get executed it only for making china look bad.
-----------

CitrusHigh

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 06:30:03 am »
Easy bruva! Don't want to scare people off!

Offline Altered Beast

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 06:36:57 am »
I was only joshing, really. It's clear how little is known or understood
about the infrastructure currently being implemented. They have a
long way to go but it isn't for lack of trying.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 08:46:52 am »
China=worst country ever. great people, horrible government. Although i heard they dont get chemtrails there. Can you verify this for us altered beast?
-----------

Offline Altered Beast

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 05:37:36 pm »
I can't say I've seen any. The search for raw data continues.
My intentions are to raise my own food source, whatever it may be. I prefer
living off of the grid where ever possible.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 11:27:09 pm »
hard to live off the grid without a gun. Which you cant have in china. Let me know if you ever come to america and perhaps I can help you find some off grid work by then. I wouldnt want to live in one of the chinese ghettos they have around here. In my disappointment with being born into this totalitarian world I often remind myself how lucky I am not to have been born in China so I sympathize.
-----------

CitrusHigh

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 12:34:26 am »
hard to live off the grid without a gun. Which you cant have in china. Let me know if you ever come to america and perhaps I can help you find some off grid work by then. I wouldnt want to live in one of the chinese ghettos they have around here. In my disappointment with being born into this totalitarian world I often remind myself how lucky I am not to have been born in China so I sympathize.

Why do you feel a gun is so important to live off grid? Harvesting game is as easy as setting a bunch of deadfalls and snares and checking them daily. Self defense is possible with a good bow and arrow, spear, slub, sling, etc. A gun is very helpful, especially against other armed marauders and large predators like grizzlies, big cats, wolves, but in many regions these predators are non-existent or very rare. Most predators can be fended off with good posture, a snarl and similar 'predator energy'. When predators meet in the wild they typically won't fight, or simply test eachother, through false charges, rushes, and posturing. It's too dangerous to tangle with other predators usually because a small wound can mean death.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 01:02:32 am »
I only said it was hard not impossible. A gun is a huge advantage.

zi wouldnt want to rely on posturing or snarling when faced with a large predator. If I see any sign of hostility I will kill instantly and would really prefer a gun for that.
-----------

CitrusHigh

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 01:37:49 am »
http://www.hopspress.com/Videos/Art_of_Nothing.htm

man vs lion

Bear Charges A Man!

For sure, but don't underestimate the power of your energy and body language.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 02:21:09 am »
Incredible footage with the lion. No idea what was going on with the bear though.

Is there a name for this tactic?
-----------

Offline Altered Beast

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 06:37:42 am »
An interesting turn, this thread has taken. I like it.
I hail from Texas and I take self-defense/emergency response very seriously.
I own an AR15 and an AK47, among others.
I had to leave my knife collection behind, as well.
I was fortunate enough to locate and purchase some
quality hunting knives and machetes here.
I am also a lifelong jiu-jitsu and nin-jitsu practitioner.
I'd like to breed vipers for venom production
but the wife isn't keen yet.

Couldn't see the videos.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 07:25:35 am »
Troll, yeah, the bear's action is called a bluff charge, and that's typically what it is with bears. You'd want to puff up, be loud but low toned, raise your hands out and over your head, and if you don't have a gun, you'll want a club, spear, or arrow to either hit or jab the nose. Bears are like dogs, their main sense is the nose, they see with it, so damaging that vital and tender portion of the body is your best chance in an actual attack. To illustrate how important it is to make yourself appear larger, and especially taller than the other animal consider our llama. He is an aggressive male and he tries to assert his dominance on most people who visit our farm by rearing up, which is extremely dangerous because his forked hooves are like blades, and he could seriously cut you open of he put some muscle in to swatting you with them. When I first came to the farm here he would treat me the same way. I would always have to keep one hand above my head to appear taller, and in that case he would leave me completely alone. Now I use my body language and snarls to convince him to keep his distance so I can use both my hands for my duties. But anyone who raises their hand over their head, and is taller than him, can easily keep him back, whereas if you keep your hands at your side he will get dominant with you.

AltBeast, the first video is of a man confronting a couple male lions on foot. His means of being close is interesting, because he's laying down part of the time, but when the lions get to close he pulls out a roll of toilet paper which apparently backs them off. In this case the white of the toilet paper would catch a lot of light and appear as if he's waving something glowing at them. But the take away is to have the proper energy. The man is mere feet from these male lions but does not back down and projects dominance and assertion.

With the bear, a man and a filmer are picking berries in the woods when he is confronted by a grizzly, she charges him a couple times, and he stands his ground, or advances a step and she backs off  and turns heal.

Body language is absolutely huge in the animal world. It can be the difference between an attack or not. Or between having birds (or squirrels, or chipmunks, etc) tell everyone in the area that you are on the hunt. 

Learning to be aware of and control your energy is paramount to being a native in the woods, instead of an alien.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 08:34:25 am »
lots of good info copout, thanks. what do you raise llamas for?

An interesting turn, this thread has taken. I like it.
I hail from Texas and I take self-defense/emergency response very seriously.
I own an AR15 and an AK47, among others.
I had to leave my knife collection behind, as well.
I was fortunate enough to locate and purchase some
quality hunting knives and machetes here.
I am also a lifelong jiu-jitsu and nin-jitsu practitioner.
I'd like to breed vipers for venom production
but the wife isn't keen yet.

Couldn't see the videos.

why did you go to china? for a job perhaps? If you want to live off grid then why not come back to america? lots of like minded people here. I feel like china is not the place to do it. Why do you want venom? poison tipped arrows perhaps?
-----------

Offline Altered Beast

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 10:50:43 am »
I moved to China for a centralized hub to base my Asian travels out of.
I plan to see India, Australia, Thailand, and Vietnam. I almost moved
to Japan as I speak Japanese, but the wife pushed for China because
she had better offers there. It's a good thing, because Japan faced its
nuclear disaster shortly after we settled into Asia.
Yes, the venom is for camping/hunting.
I like to handle snakes. I can't explain this affinity.

I'll be New Mexico for the second half of this year, to catch some rattlers.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 01:31:14 pm »
do you finding keeping up the raw paleo diet hard when travelling around asia?
-----------

Offline Altered Beast

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 02:04:24 pm »
No. My two main staples are chicken eggs and cyanobacteria (spirulina plantesis).
I have reliable sources for these, though they did take some finding out.
I make it a point to consume the most nutrient dense, single celled organisms available.
I reserve animal flesh for special occasions when I know exactly how it is treated
and processed. It hasn't been a problem yet. I hunt elk in New Mexico.
Elk suits me just fine, when I can have it. Reptiles pique my interest more than any.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 09:14:08 pm »
I like to handle snakes. I can't explain this affinity.

Wow, that makes us kindred! I've been that way ever since I was a small boy. I was fascinated by all 'creepy crawlies' but snakes the most. I had different pet snakes all throughout my childhood. Starting with a common garter, then ratsnakes, fox snakes, milksnakes, ringneck, redbelly, so many snakes! I could never explain the affinity either but I just found them to  be the most beautiful, fascinating creatures, still to this day. And the vipers especially with their triangular heads, sharp colors/tones, and incredible venom and speed. I have assumed that they are my spirit animal if that is possible because it's a real attraction and they seem to show up in my life. Like this timber rattle snake I rescued off the road last summer. It was breeding season and he was with his dead companion, who was probably his mate. He was just lying there on the road and wouldn't move, guaranteed to be roadkill soon as the farmers around here do not appreciate these rare and striking creatures. So I kept him for a few weeks to show my friends and family so they could appreciate him up close too. He only struck a handfull of times and usually at other people, he let me gather him off the road without any trouble at all. I later released him by a stream where he'd be away (for a time anyway) from homes and roads. He didn't try to bite then either, just calmly slithered off after a few minutes. My dad and I would search for this species since I was 12 years old, but they are so rare due to habitat destruction and den poaching that I did not see one until last summer at 24 years old!

Anyway, would be helpful to know what this attraction is all about. It goes pretty deep, it's not superficial by any means.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 09:21:46 pm »
Troll, the llama is my mama's pet, a lot of the animals we have here at the farm are her pets. The cows, chickens, turkeys are productive, the rest are pets. Though hopefully this season the goats will be bred, they're african meat (boer cross) goats and the snootiest little things you'd ever meet. The llama was a pet and for protection of the other animals from predators, and he serves that purpose well. He's probably run off more than a couple bands of coyotes and saved a few of our turkey's lives.

This year I'm hoping to turn that around and getting everyone (except for the llama) producing something, be it meat, eggs, milk or offspring.

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 01:18:11 pm »
When I was a wee tyke, my mom would take me and my brother to the Detroit Zoo. I had no idea what the zoo was, all I know was that I was goin' to "go see the nakes." My mom still tells people this. I'm 38 now.

While in my 20's I raised a female burmese python. She was awesome. She only struck once and it was because I stupidly stuck my arm back in the cage on feeding day after feeding her with a hand that still smelled like rabbit. My bad. I had about 600 needle-sized puncture wounds on my arm before she realized I didn't taste like rabbit. God I loved that snake.
insert signature here

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk