Author Topic: good quality chicken  (Read 2753 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
good quality chicken
« on: July 10, 2012, 09:37:07 am »
Howdy folks.

I've mainly been eating raw beef, and beef fat. Very rarely fish and lamb.

I want to try chicken. Does anyone have suggestions for a quality chicken so I don't die? Lol I think chicken is the toughest food to get past the bacteria propaganda.

Beef wasn't that hard.

Any way, any suggestions? I wanna pick up some from whole foods tomorrow.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: good quality chicken
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 09:55:35 am »
The Whole Foods in my area rates each type of meat they sell with a 1 - 5 rating, which is based on their knowledge of how the animal was raised. The chicken at my WF store only rates a "3" because the chickens are fed on an organic chicken-feed diet with no access to a chicken's natural food choices. I can get chicken from a local farm that is 70 miles from my house, but that chicken costs over $30 per bird. Your WF might have a different chicken source, or you might find a farm with good chicken in your area, but this is something that you can investigate.

Good chicken is okay to eat. It tastes to me like sashimi.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 09:56:34 am »
what state are you in boss man?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 10:24:17 am »
what state are you in boss man?

Florida.

I can get some from a farm I'm a member of.

Does the chicken have to be pastured, antibiotic, hormone free? Or if it's just antibiotic, hormone free is that ok?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 10:36:51 am »
pastured chicken is super succulent, i paid 13 for small chickens that lived out in high country native pasture, best..chicken....ever....i also was able to get one massive bag of livers and some hearts.....best....entrails........ever!  you wont die from organic chicken from whole foods though, ive eaten a ton of poultry raw, chicken and turkey, i think it is wonderfully tasty but never feel as healthy eating it in quantity, you might notice some inflammation, sometimes if stuff is heavily grainfed i feel heavy in my face/sinuses and achy in my joints after a while.  just make sure you are getting some good omega3s with it and you should be ok....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:44:32 am by jessica »

CitrusHigh

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 10:57:09 am »
Boss, you got gator and reticulated python down there, go for it! But with the Retic's, make sure they're not longer than you, otherwise you're asking for trouble, actually same for the gators! I think Grylls has a video showing how to safely, quickly and humanely dispatch a gator. The meat is faaaaantastic. Granted I've only had farmed and cooked gator, but that was amazing, I do believe wild and raw would be all that much better, yum, tastes like a splice of fish and chicken! MMMmm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk