Author Topic: Colon  (Read 5642 times)

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Colon
« on: August 04, 2009, 09:19:49 pm »
Have you ever thought of your colon - Goodsamaritan has often mentioned herbalcleansing; well it does not seem to be a good idea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKX6e1B4hhA

I got onto this because I am studying a product called "Oxypowder"...

Any thoughts?

Nicola

carnivore

Re: Colon
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 09:40:16 pm »
Have you ever thought of your colon - Goodsamaritan has often mentioned herbalcleansing; well it does not seem to be a good idea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKX6e1B4hhA

I got onto this because I am studying a product called "Oxypowder"...

Any thoughts?

Nicola

Well, if vegetable fibers introduced by the mouth are detrimental for our gut, why would herbs introduced by the other extremity be beneficial ?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 09:52:55 pm »
If you are on raw paleo diet for quite some time, you should not have any problems with your colon.  You will have a perfectly working colon.

If you are on SAD, then you need all the help you can get.

My grandmother is 84 and is in SAD.  She is always constipated.  She will usually try out and maximize all the PHARMA DRUGS her daughter (my aunt) gives her, and when all her DRUGS laxatives have failed, she will call me out of desperation because the herbal colon cleansers I provide her WORK when all other drugs have failed.

The trick to using herbal colon cleansers is they are there in emergencies to relieve you in those rare times you need it.  Do not make herbal colon cleansers a habit.  Just as you should not be abusing DRUG LAXATIVES as a habit.  Which my own sister abused DULCOLAX for 15 years!!! Which was why she was malnourished and gaunt and infertile.  I discovered her laxative drug dependency.  She gave it up and now has a baby.

Herbal colon cleansers are vastly different from one another, you cannot lump them all together as one.
Use Herbal Colon Cleansers over Drug laxatives.
Use high fat, hydrating raw diet over herbal colon cleansers.

I cured this woman's acid reflux with a herbal colon cleanser http://www.curelibrary.com/blog/health-notes/25-year-old-young-mother-cured-of-acid-reflux/

and I cured this woman's 2 year acid reflux with a herbal colon cleanser http://www.curelibrary.com/blog/health-notes/antacid-addict-cured-of-acid-reflux-via-herbal-colon-cleansing/

I was able to tone my colon into olympic performance with http://www.barefootherbalistmh.com LBB capsules for 2 months.

Today I do not use any colon cleansers because I do not need them anymore.

DRUG LAXATIVES are more dangerous.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 08:06:28 pm »
I do get concerend when I read things like the following (a guy on the magicbus forum mentioned):

It's about cartilage, tendons and the like. When chewing on a juicy, untrimmed steak that stuff invariably gather in my mouth as unliquifiable, rubbery lumps. What do you do? Swallow them in the knowledge that the HCl in the stomach will disolve them? Spit them out? I ask because on a fast I did years ago I also did an enema regime. And many of these tendons (sorry about the graphic language here), strings of cartilage and the like turned up in the muck (maybe this was the result of an ill-advised mixed diet, I don't know).

Perhaps we would all be suprised just how much raw meat and fat doesn't get digested?

Nicola

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 08:21:32 pm »
There are people with weak digestive systems because of illness.

I used to be very sick, my liver was congested, my digestive system was a wreck. (Thank you Barefoot Herbalist MH)

I had to take many steps to get to where I am now.

Of course mono meals are best.  And listening to your body.  You are your best doctor. 

Raw meat digests a whole lot easier and faster than cooked meat.  Plus raw meat gives the liver the nutrients it needs to manufacture good clear bile for digestion.  It's a cycle the cooked food eaters will appreciate when their digestive capacities are depleted from eating cooked meat every single day.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 09:22:08 pm »
Raw meat digests a whole lot easier and faster than cooked meat.  Plus raw meat gives the liver the nutrients it needs to manufacture good clear bile for digestion.  It's a cycle the cooked food eaters will appreciate when their digestive capacities are depleted from eating cooked meat every single day.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17827047

With raw meat and fat you still have "things" in your colon - I read quite a bit about this "oxypowder" and we don't know all about raw vs. cooked -\

Nicola

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 09:45:14 pm »
Cooking and grinding reduces the cost of meat digestion.
Boback SM, Cox CL, Ott BD, Carmody R, Wrangham RW, Secor SM.

Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487, USA.

The cooking of food is hypothesized to have played a major role in human evolution partly by providing an increase in net energy gain. For meat, cooking compromises the structural integrity of the tissue by gelatinizing the collagen. Hence, cooked meat should take less effort to digest compared to raw meat. Likewise, less energy would be expended digesting ground meat compared to intact meat. We tested these hypotheses by assessing how the cooking and/or grinding of meat influences the energy expended on its digestion, absorption, and assimilation (i.e., specific dynamic action, SDA) using the Burmese python, Python molurus. Pythons were fed one of four experimental diets each weighing 25% of the snake's body mass: intact raw beef, intact cooked beef, ground raw beef, and ground cooked beef. We measured oxygen consumption rates of snakes prior to and up to 14 days following feeding and calculated SDA from the extra oxygen consumed above standard metabolic rate. Postprandial peak in oxygen consumption, the scope of peak rates, and SDA varied significantly among meal treatments. Pythons digesting raw or intact meals exhibited significantly larger postprandial metabolic responses than snakes digesting the cooked ground meals. We found cooking to decrease SDA by 12.7%, grinding to decrease SDA by 12.4%, and the combination of the two (cooking and grinding) to have an additive effect, decreasing SDA by 23.4%. These results support the hypothesis that the consumption of cooked meat provides an energetic benefit over the consumption of raw meat.

Funny how the "study" of "cooked meat SHOULD take less effort to digest compared to raw meat" is in MY experience is completely FALSE.

When I eat raw meat, afterwards I feel fine and go on with what I do.  My tummy feels I've digested raw meat in 1 hour.

When I eat cooked meat, I'm sleepy and tired.  My tummy needs some 3 to 4 hours to feel the raw meat is digested.

What is your experience Nicola?

carnivore

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 11:21:12 pm »
Funny how the "study" of "cooked meat SHOULD take less effort to digest compared to raw meat" is in MY experience is completely FALSE.

When I eat raw meat, afterwards I feel fine and go on with what I do.  My tummy feels I've digested raw meat in 1 hour.

When I eat cooked meat, I'm sleepy and tired.  My tummy needs some 3 to 4 hours to feel the raw meat is digested.

For human, there is no doubt that grinding, like chewing, help the stomach as the meat has to be mechanically crushed before absorption.
Maybe cooking tough meat also reduces the load of work for the stomach ?
I am sure liquid meat (like raw eggs) is easier for the stomach.
Anyway, cooking has so many adverse effects...

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 01:33:46 am »

I would have to open my intestins to find out - I "believe" that I get on better with raw meat -\

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 05:37:52 am »
Since Wrangham was the very one who did the python/cooked-meat study one cannot possibly believe him as almost all scientists who do their own studies to prove their own theories tend to exaggerate positive findings and ignore negative ones. The only valid studies are those with no particular axe to grind.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk