Author Topic: List Studies - Specific Info why Cooked Saturated Fats are Bad  (Read 3561 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
List Studies - Specific Info why Cooked Saturated Fats are Bad
Reply here.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ThatWasJustYourLife84

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: List Studies - Specific Info why Cooked Saturated Fats are Bad
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 09:46:57 am »
Thank you for starting this topic. I've been wondering about this issue myself, as Saturated fat seems like it would be the macronutrient least likely to produce toxins in cooking.

It tastes very sweet and nourishing to me when I eat it. Of course, it makes me feel bad later on if it's been cooked.

Iornically, raw it doesn't taste very good, but it makes me feel good. Go figure....

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 10:03:07 am »
I think that marrow and back fat are not all pure saturated fats but rather a mixture of different fats.
Physically, we can see it as clear as day that live back fat can be transformed and even burned by cooking.
Need info for the hard headed who cannot trust their own senses like obvious sight, smell, touch and taste.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 11:11:35 am »
I think being female gives me some extra message on this one.  If I eat cooked fat, my energy is totally zapped, which is so not me.   The other thing, though, is that my periods are normally light, without pain, and short.  With cooked fat (any!, even olive oil) my periods are so uncomfortable, much heavier and about 2 or 3 days longer. The only exception is coconut oil. CO only makes me feel nauseous, nothing else bad.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 05:18:44 pm »
The general impression I get is that the studies focusing on cooked saturated fats are wrongly citing saturated fats in general as the cause, when the real reason for their negative effect is the heat-created toxins produced by cooking them, nothing more:-

"The formation of exogenous (outside the body) advanced glycation endproducts (AGEs) and oxidation products generated during cooking may be a confounding factor that some studies may not have controlled for. It has been suggested that, "given the prominence of this type of food in the human diet, the deleterious effects of high-(saturated)fat foods may be in part due to the high content in glycotoxins, above and beyond those due to oxidized fatty acid derivatives." The glycotoxins, as he called them, are more commonly called AGEs. taken from:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturated_fat#Confounding_factors
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline CarnivorousApe

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 03:40:16 pm »
From viewing wikipedia page I've got an impression that general opinion that saturated fats (cooked or not) is unhealthy does not hold the water.
Phrases like this dispersed throughout:
"Despite decades of effort and many thousands of people randomised, there is still only limited and inconclusive evidence of the effects of modification of total, saturated, monounsaturated, or polyunsaturated fats on cardiovascular morbidity and mortality."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 08:40:13 pm »
Don't trust wikipedia. There've been innumerable attempts to rewrite the page by pro-PUFA and pro-SFA fanatics.  There have been many 1000s of studies confirming that cooked foods high in cooked saturated fats are harmful, the only catch, as I showed above, was that they didn't take into account that such foods were also high in heat-created toxins which was the real reason for the harm to human health.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline CarnivorousApe

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 09:04:07 am »
That would be interesting to see such studies Tyler, could you provide the link to one that is the most persuasive in your view?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk