Author Topic: Protein digestion when eating fats?  (Read 2358 times)

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
Protein digestion when eating fats?
« on: July 28, 2013, 02:28:30 am »
I know i read here that fat aids in protein digestion, everywhere else i read i hear this:

Oily foods decrease gastric secretion, but increase bile production. As it suppresses hydrochloric acids, fat specifically inhibits protein digestion.

What am i to think since i have always had problems digesting protein i want to know how to do this the best?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Protein digestion when eating fats?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 03:33:38 am »
experiment for yourself,, for a couple of reasons..   First is most are different here,, you'll get many opinions.  Second is that for at least myself,, it changes.   the longer you eat raw and raw fat, the easier the digestion becomes.   But, I often find that by eating smaller meals, eating fat first till you no longer want to eat anymore, or even by having it as a snack and having smaller portions then of fat  with your meat as a meal, I will often do better.    Usually if it tastes good by itself, you'll digest it.  If you mix it with meat, you can be fooled into eating more than you can comfortably digest.     And finally, with larger meals, allow relaxation and digestion time before being physical again  (hence the latin custom of siesta after their big mid-day meal.)

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
Re: Protein digestion when eating fats?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 12:55:10 am »
Yep i can not eat fats with protein. I had a rapid good development once i started separating protein and fats. What i do now is i start out with lean protein, no water or nothing just eat the protein first. Then i wait for 20-30min and then i just stuff myself to my heats content with sweet fruits, fats, honey. Acid fruits are not really working and bananas are not that good, both these types of fruits are interrupting with stomach acids and i guess that is why they are not working right now. What i love is a big plate of bone-marrow, beef fat, honey and dates!!! OMG that is so good i eat that two times a day (after my heart, liver, fish etc protein) :s Also avocado and honey is a winner!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:44:22 pm by TylerDurden »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk