Author Topic: Butter???  (Read 5905 times)

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Butter???
« on: July 29, 2012, 09:28:04 pm »
Butter :) >D???????
Please give me all your pros and cons please.

I feel so attracted to it and at the same time it scares me.
tried it, stopped, tried again..................................................
Whats your experience.? Long time tests? Current stand of diet.

Cheers

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Butter???
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 10:27:55 pm »
It's supposed to be "less worse" than other types of dairy. I am extremely allergic to all the different types of raw dairy, like many here. What is worse, in a way,  is that some people only have a very minor allergy to such a food and therefore only discover the fact after eating the stuff for several years. If you don't really need it, I would suggest not eating it at all - if you can't find any other source of  raw fat etc., then I suggest you try raw butter for a couple of months and then without it for another couple of months to see what works best for you.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 11:39:18 pm »
I find my body likes raw butter a lot.  Very nourishing for the adrenals, nervous system, etc.    People in India have been using it for thousands of years as a healing food.  It's all about what sits for you.  I know it is hard, but you just have to trust your own body and intuition.  One thing I have learned is that there will always be people FOR and AGAINST just about every food out there.  If we focus on the negative, we never accomplish things.  But for sure steer clear of anything pasteurized.  In my opinion, you need high amounts of saturated fat and starchy veggies in your diet but that is just my thoughts.  Seriously, just sit down with a big bowl of sweet potatoes, broccoli, smothered in butter; bless it, eat it; and tell me how you feel afterwards.  I can almost promise you will be glowing.

Offline Johan August

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 04:01:25 am »
According to Loren Cordain butter is very high in AGE's which apparently are responsible for chronic low level inflammation and aging. See THE PALEO ANSWER page 39.  Whether raw butter is as bad as  ordinary pasteurized butter he does not say, but even if pasteurization increases the AGE's content by a factor of 6 or 7 it would still be high.

I was a big fan of butter but then I was full of inflammation as well. When I gave up all dairy and grains the inflammation subsided. When I side slipped it erupted again. This kind of inflammation did not affect me until I reached my mid fifties.  I have not isolated butter experimentally to test if it alone would cause inflammation.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 04:56:37 am »
i think its great.
-----------

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 07:15:48 am »
I avoid dairy altogether. Much dairy causes gastric distress (gas/diarrhea), so I figure a small amount is not so good, either.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 07:35:14 am »
i don't do well with dairy so i was afraid of it for quite some time. i finally tried and i'm so glad i did! food normally goes right through me, but with butter everything slows down in a calm sort of way. i don't eat any more than i 'need' to but, it does great things for me in that amount at least. it's also an easy way to gain weight for me. 

i enthusiastically support you trying it. ;D   if it doesn't work or has negative results, you can always try another fat.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 07:49:03 am »
I am of the school of thought that dairy takes some getting used to. First time i tried it was terrible. I felt stuffy and clogged up digestively and altogether sluggish. I think this may have been detox. Anyway, i stopped and next time i tried dairy, i began by doing nothing but cheese and kefir for a while to give my stomach the bacterial basis for digesting fresh dairy. I believed this worked and I am now ingesting lots of raw dairy every day. I thinks its a really great way to easily ingest a lot of fat. It feels very lubricating.
-----------

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 02:27:10 pm »
If I recall correctly, I believe butter is non paleo.  But, you can tailer the RPD to your personal liking and preference. I've learned in this website, there are no rules! Everyone's a little bit different in how they define the RFD. If you like it, and it works for you. Go for it. Just listen to your body. Just because it doesn't work for someone else, doesn't necessarily mean it won't work for you. Do your research, and make an informed decision for yourself. Don't follow someone's advice blindly, even mine.  :) . Words to the wise!

Offline bachcole

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 12:44:57 am »
I see at   http://marshfieldceliac.weebly.com/uploads/2/5/5/7/2557865/ada_ages_in_food_reduction1.pdf   that butter is supposedly high in advanced glycation end products.  That does not necessarily mean that we absorb said AGEs.  Just like so many things that mainstream so-called nutrition says are bad for us.

And my previous paragraph does not necessarily mean that AGEs are not absorbed while eating butter or anything else.  It only means that the jury is still out. 
"There is only One Being in Reality and it is the Universal Soul."  -- Meher Baba --

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 04:58:32 am »
the butter i eat is raw. i think that's the same for pretty much all of us here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk