Author Topic: Tesla Motors (leading electric car maker) Open Sources All its Patents? Whoa!  (Read 1647 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
The most high tech electric car company open sources all their patents? Cheap and plenty electric cars in the future... here we come!

http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/all-our-patent-are-belong-you

Tesla Motors makes the Model S, the best electric car ever made in the entire world.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
to see the real value here, you'd have to be an expert in electric car technology.  The field is advancing so quickly that it is very probable that Tesla's patents have already been surpassed by competing technology, and hence of not much real value.  I would bet that their newer developments are kept close to the vest until they actually take form in a new car. 

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile

The most high tech electric car company open sources all their patents? Cheap and plenty electric cars in the future... here we come!

That’s because they are unable to set at dense enough recharging stations network alone and thus they need others to help them to built such an infrastructure.

Electric cars are not cheap at all and have a very short range, especially if one drives at a reasonable speed.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk