Author Topic: Raw egg allergy?  (Read 11991 times)

Offline southern.au

• Forager
    • View Profile
Raw egg allergy?
« on: September 14, 2010, 08:30:35 pm »
Hi All,
I have read Aajonus Vonderplanitz books and have experimented with raw meats, dairy and eggs on and off.  I am now ready to go Primal all the way.

What I noticed I seem to have an allergy towards raw eggs, this is somewhat of a problem because his diet involves eating them on a daily basis.  I have experimented with two raw eggs a day, after about a week to 10 days I developed what I think is eczema and small red pimple like things scattered around.  My skin also becomes mildly itchy.
This usually clears up after a week of not eating raw eggs.

Is anybody els sensitive to raw eggs? if so what are your allergy symptoms? is there anything I can do to get around this?

Another thing, I have been following the bad western style diet habit for far too many years.  My teeth for one are not looking good.  There are numerous cavities developing.  Can this diet help to stop cavities and help regenerate or remineralise teeth?  what are some other good natural healing methods?

Many thanks.

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw egg allergy?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:38:29 pm »
If I eat raw egg whites I get a pretty bad sore throat.  The yolks are ok tho.

Offline southern.au

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 08:58:29 pm »
Hi Cliff, I thought of trying the yolk or whites on their own, apparently it is important to have both together, they complement each other, something to do with the biotin content.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 09:57:15 pm »
My 2nd boy is allergic to ALL CHICKENS.
Whether organic or not.
To all chicken eggs, cooked or not, fertilized or not, organic or not.

It is possible you are allergic to the chicken species.

Try eating fertilized DUCK EGGS instead.

My family has switched to duck meat and duck eggs and it works for our 2nd boy.

Besides, duck eggs taste better and are more filling.

If DUCK EGGS do not work for you as well, then you may be someone allergic to eggs.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 09:59:43 pm »
Hi Cliff, I thought of trying the yolk or whites on their own, apparently it is important to have both together, they complement each other, something to do with the biotin content.

The whites have any anti nutrient which can prevent biotin from being absorbed, the yolk has lots of biotin hence the synergy.  You can eat raw yolks without any problem tho, just don't eat only whites.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 12:05:33 am »
I have a slight allergy towards raw eggs. Nothing specific, I just don't seem to absorb them as well as raw meats, with more frequent bathroom/toilet visits as a result, if I overdo them. As a result, I avoid all raw chicken eggs and mainly only eat raw quail eggs or raw goose eggs(or occasionally raw duck eggs) as they are not such a problem.

I would suggest avoiding all raw chicken eggs, and maybe all raw eggs as well, and just focus on raw meats , raw organ-meats and raw fruits. Most people on rawpaleoforum have tried the Primal diet and found they sooner or later had to cut out some major Primal Diet food(nearly always raw dairy(as it often damages the teeth), raw veggie-juice and raw honey and raw eggs to a much lesser extent.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 04:57:44 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 02:52:37 am »
I am almost certain that I am allergic to chicken eggs. A while back when I first started the whole raw thing I ate loads of raw chicken eggs and my eczema, which was already bad at the time, got worse. I wasn't sure if it was the eggs though until recently when I washed my hair with raw eggs in the shower and some got in my mouth. My lips swelled up and the inside of my mouth had that typical itchy and sore feeling that you get when you eat something you're allergic to. The weird thing is though is that i never had this feeling or the swelling when I ate them when I started out on raw, as mentioned above.

I have never tried eggs from other species yet, but maybe one day....
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline ruffiny89

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 04:05:35 am »
What wrong with veggie juice and honey what happens to some people

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 04:39:14 am »
What wrong with veggie juice and honey what happens to some people
Some people can't handle the excessive changes to blood-sugar levels caused by large intake of raw honey. Besides, in palaeo times, honey-intake would have been very small.

Juicing raw veg not only makes the nutrients in veg more bioavailable, but also makes the antinutrients in raw veg more bioavailable, thus likely causing issues if too much raw veggie-juice is regularly drunk.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 08:03:35 am »
I have a slight allergy towards raw eggs. Nothing specific, I just don't seem to absorb them as well as raw meats, with more frequent bathroom/toielt visits as a result, if I overdo them.
I'm the same.
Interestingly I've had two occasions this summer where I ate fruit (~1/4 cup of grapes a month ago and something else further back that I can't recall) and had such a craving for eggs within 12 hours afterward. I thought it might be cravings for more carbs but it seems it was an urge for the purge effect I get from eggs as well as hydrating fat. Both times they made me feel a lot better. They're more of a tool for me I guess and not a food.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 09:06:37 am »
similar to dan and td, they just don't seem to absorb the same.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 11:26:19 am »
...They're more of a tool for me I guess and not a food...

They're brain and colon food or medicine for me, while raw meat is good for me for everything else.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk