Author Topic: Losing too much body fat/weight?  (Read 75832 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Losing too much body fat/weight?
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 10:22:42 am »
Eat raw eggs, raw meats and eat plenty. If you can stomache dairy and have access to raw milk. Eat plenty of raw cream and butter (whipped cream is zero carb). You want as much fat as you can possibly stomache and more protein than most people would eat even on this diet.

I am assuming you want to bodybuild. You want to sculpt your body, right? You have to train either for strength or for size. You dont have to stick with your choice forever, but you have to make it now in the beginning and I suggest you go for building mass. You will gain a lot of strength from BB, but compared to focused strength training it is moot. Take a look at some of the asian weightlifters. They do not have a lot of muscle going, but they are strong as bulls. Pure strength is as much a feat of will, focus and your nervous system as it is muscles.

Don't overtrain and have patience. If you are a natural hard gainer, it takes time. But perseverence and proper diet will give you good, even great, results. Diet is everything. Vince Gironda (the iron guru) put it's impotance at 85% of succesful bodybuilding. Dont spend hours in the gym. Muscle burn does not equal a good workout. This is a common misunderstanding. Find a good program youre comfortable with that has room for playing around so you and your muscles dont get bored (they need variation in work load and angles from which you "attach"). Spend no more than 45 mins a session, do this 3-4 times a week and dont take long rests between workouts or sets. I rarely do more than 20secs and only if the last exercise had me exhausted. Every 6 week should be a week off where you do no training at all.

Stay away from cardio training or keep it to an absolute minimim. Dont do situp exercises as they are counterproductive to what you want to achieve as they mess with the hormonal balance. Your stomache muscles will gain from just about everything else you do, especially squats, so there is no need for them anyway. And finally:

DRINK MORE WATER!

There is nothing natural about bodybuilding. Not a thing. It is compensating for our sedated lifestyles. So, you will have to drink a lot of water to keep everything in check for as long as you keep a regular training schedule. Your body will punish you if you dont. No sane tribesman would do repetive shit like this for no other reason than size even if he was offered a cow to do it.

Are using weights necessary for body building/putting on mass? Its hard to switch exercises quickly when you are changing weights.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 03:45:02 pm »
Are using weights necessary for body building/putting on mass? Its hard to switch exercises quickly when you are changing weights.

Weights are important if you want to build mass. Look at your watch. 20 sec between sets is actually a good long time. My point is that the active exercise time should not exceed 45 minutes. And you should not take too long breaks. Notice how a lot of people will wait for as long as 3-5 minutes between set and exersices. Just dont do that, it's pointless.

You have a 45min window of opportunity in which your hormones work with you to reach the goal of gaining mass most effectively.  Eat a protein meal right after workouts. Raw eggs are good. Perfect food in the context.  

I suggest you split up your program into bodyparts. Instead of rushing a full workout through, just focus on a muscle group like the whole back one day, and the whole front another. Isolate leg training etc. This way each muscle group is rarely overtrained and since you use your arms for nearly everything, throw the leg day in the middle of the schedule.

as you are new to raw meat I have to tell you that you are likely to experience getting slightly sluggish for as much as 3 weeks when working out. It will pass and its worth the sticking it out, believe that. If you are still feeling a bit sluggish, include some berries before workouts.

berries btw, and fruit are a good way to gain some fat. When you eat that much calories from fat and protein and you add in sugar....
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:59:33 pm by Brother »

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 08:55:37 pm »
No, but as Brother points out they are much more effective at building mass. You can do bodyweight exercises as well which will build strength but it's not going to do it as quickly or visibly as weights. You'll also have to get creative with bodyweight exercises to keep building strength as well (handstand push-ups, etc).
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 01:29:32 pm »

Seem skinny? A man built to hunt of you ask me.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2010, 09:02:41 pm »
Wolf, you are a female and you want fat over your muscle? Why? I love being lean and muscular, having a figure athlete (not hard bodybuilder) shape. Fat over muscle is never attractive!

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 09:10:27 pm »
You can be lean, and have great muscle definition through strength training and diet. I eat Zero Carb, about 65-70% fat, 30-35% protein, I eat in a five hour window each day (gasp, no mini-meals or bodybuilder protein shakes) and I sit at 15% BF. My lifts go up progressively. I can do unassisted chin ups and pull ups and I can do full bodyweight dips to parallel. I do pushups, barbells, and dumbbells and cables. For me, Zero Carb + daily fasting/eating window + strength training and high resistance, short steady state cardio for legs is the formula to the body I want.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 09:16:54 pm »
I reckon you could beat DurianRider in an arm wrestle.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010, 09:18:32 pm »
Full chinups/dips are pretty good for a girl.

Albert Camus

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 01:44:04 am »
well, I lost the short shorts contest.

looking good k!

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 03:09:12 am »
Wolf, you are a female and you want fat over your muscle? Why? I love being lean and muscular, having a figure athlete (not hard bodybuilder) shape. Fat over muscle is never attractive!

Because I don't want a super hard muscular body like a man.  I want to be soft and curvy, and I also want a layer of fat to help make my breasts bigger, like they were before I lost a bunch of fat weight.  I don't want a huge layer of fat or anything, just a nice little layer of healthy fat.  Fat over muscle is fine, in my opinion, I mean, animals in the wild gain layers of fat over their muscle all the time, usually during summer before the lean winter months.  I also believe that the fat gained from a raw healthy diet would be good healthy fat, rather than the fat you see on people eating an SAD diet.

I'm pretty skinny/anorexic looking, so gaining a layer of fat over muscle wouldn't even make me look fat at all, I'd still look skinny.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 06:22:05 am »
Thanks for the compliments, guys. I love chins and pull ups. My boyfriend helped me set up a progression program that got me up to doing them unassisted.

Wolf, now I see where you are coming from. I still advocate weight training for ALL women!

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 06:41:40 am »

Seem skinny? A man built to hunt of you ask me.
All skinny and all fat is not the same. I would actually love to look like that Aborigine. I have a skinnier-looking overall body than he, yet he has less fat than me--and that's because his muscles and bones are larger than mine. I have the worst of all possible combinations: skinny-fat (although if I had a lot more visceral fat it would be even worse), which is suggestive of insulin resistance (as are several other longtime symptoms I have). Paleo at least got rid of most of the excess fat, but it hasn't yet done much for the muscle. I can't do much about my fine bones, but I've taken everyone's tips from various threads for muscle building into account, thanks, and hope to build up my muscle to his level.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 10:33:41 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 12:21:33 pm »
Women should def have less muscle, and a bit more fat on average than a man in natural circumstances (only considering if both the man and woman are from the same geographical race and lineage)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 01:07:34 pm »
Women should def have less muscle, and a bit more fat on average than a man in natural circumstances (only considering if both the man and woman are from the same geographical race and lineage)

Less muscle in the arms, but more in the abdominal area, legs etc.  Women have need for muscle too I think.  I think they do need more fat, as part of women's fertility, but healthy fat of course.  If a woman does not want to get pregnant, body-fat may be less important to have, .. just thoughts. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2010, 01:57:12 pm »
    Less muscle in the arms, but more in the abdominal area, legs etc.  Women have need for muscle too I think.  I think they do need more fat, as part of women's fertility, but healthy fat of course.  If a woman does not want to get pregnant, body-fat may be less important to have, .. just thoughts. 
I disagree, I apply my statement to all main muscles including abs and legs. I think your confusing muscle with fat in the legs and hips. Just because a woman may look like she has bigger thighs in old aboriginal photos,it is fat not muscle. My sister has bigger looking legs, her legs are much much weaker than mine though. It is fat not muscle. Same applies to a lean man vs a fat man. Woman have more fat in this area and others than men in natural circumstance. Men lean and mean, woman more cushion for the pushin.

What woman here is attracted to pudgy men? What woman here is attracted to men with lean muscle?
What man here is attracted to woman that are as lean as that aboriginal man? Not me.

Katelyn has a good amount of fat on her body. I am not referring to her, she looks great with her current fat/muscle ratio! ;) She is a good example.

Other factors. Some people have bigger butts because of genetics, which is stored fat like a camel's hump. I do think woman need muscle, but men are just stronger naturally in natural circumstances when only comparing the two from the same geographical race.
Take 2 people in the same geographical race, and they don't exercise at all. The man will still be stronger.

Strong abdominal to push babies out maybe. Do you see that aboriginal man's abdominal area? You won't see an aboriginal woman from that time with abs like that.

Same as wild lions, male lion is stronger and bigger than female in natural circumstances. Gorillas are similar too humans in this aspect as well. Men are the more powerful than woman in our species given natural circumstances, and when comparing sex's in the same geographical race.

This is not sexist. It is just true.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2010, 02:25:53 pm »
This is just art but good examples.

There is an Artist called Frank Frazetta. He makes  some of his men look like modern day body builders.

some of his men he draws i like their physiques good portrayal of a fit mans physique

massai drawing looks a bit like my physique, note: i don't do anything besides martial arts, resistance band curls, wrist roller, walking through rough terrain, climbing trees, hammer motion with weight, and pulling a tire with a rope, tire on amt with weights inside, much concentration on forearms for me

i also love how he draws some of his woman with their muscle fat ratio

he didn't make them woman scrawny, ahh fat on a woman is good

most modern day comics make woman with not enough muscle or fat  -v

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2010, 05:54:38 pm »
The aboriginal man in the middle must be at least 60 years. He's got a 8 pack!

Albert Camus

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2010, 07:21:46 pm »
Wolf, now I see where you are coming from. I still advocate weight training for ALL women!

I don't have any weights to train with, but I do try to do situps, pushups(though I can only do girly ones for now), squats, and other similar working out without weights and without other equipment everyday.  Before this diet I was very weak with very little muscle because I never worked out or did anything strenuous, I always just layed around lazily doing nothing much, probably because I was always tired because of a SAD diet.  I still want to be strong, but I want to build my muscles on raw healthy protein too.  And then after building up some better lean muscle, then I'd like to gain a layer of healthy fat overtop of it.. because I already lost a bunch of fat weight, though I'm sure it was mostly unhealthy fat.
Although really, my first priority is to get rid of my acne.  The look of my body isn't as much of a priority since I still have a decent body even when I eat fully SAD, here's some old pics I found of way before I ever started eating raw, and even before i lost any fat weight, and was eating completely SAD.. fast food and soda and all, with no exercise:

Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2010, 01:14:01 am »
@wodgina I know man, old aboriginal photos really impress me

@wolf Looks like you need a bit more muscle in the photos (although I find it attractive, I can't lie, my whole life I have seen woman in commercials and magazines, I am indeed brainwashed when it comes to this) It takes a more knowledgeable mind to realize certain things physically through pictures. Although visually, not all things can be perceived when it comes to health. But certain things can be determined through just the physique, skin etc.

of course these aboriginal woman aren't completely raw etc, but its the closest thing we got

this is me before any nutritional research, but i exercised, although i did eat healthier than normal kids thanks to my mom

In my case, I look fine, much  much better than average on sad diet because of exercise. but I still had acne on my back and arms which cant be seen in the photos, i of course didn't like to document that

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2010, 01:18:00 am »
Some people look like good athletes and get cancer. Diet is a huge factor in health.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2010, 06:06:54 am »
@wolf Looks like you need a bit more muscle in the photos (although I find it attractive, I can't lie, my whole life I have seen woman in commercials and magazines, I am indeed brainwashed when it comes to this) It takes a more knowledgeable mind to realize certain things physically through pictures. Although visually, not all things can be perceived when it comes to health. But certain things can be determined through just the physique, skin etc.

Yeah, I have like no muscle mass at all, I still can't even do a single normal push up, my arms are so weak.  My legs are a bit stronger though, I can walk a lot and do squats and stuff.. I really wish I could go running to work my legs even more, but unfortunately running would cause me to hyperventilate way before it would cause my leg muscles to feel any burn.  I should probably walk more though, but I don't want to go alone.  But, that's why I've been trying to work out more, because I want to get a more toned and lean body, and since now I have much more energy and motivation to do so while eating raw.

I still love my body though, muscular or not, because I don't get fat.  It's just my acne covered face that I hate, mostly just my stupid skin on my face though.  Well, and I wish my breasts were just a bit bigger, but that's one of the reasons why I want to add the layer of fat over my muscle, lol.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 06:47:05 am »
Don't desire big breasts. If your breast are big naturally ok, but if they are small that's good too. Although, breast grow when a woman is lactating of course. Eat healthy and exercise, and except your body for what it is. some have bigger butts naturally, adaptation for storing fat. It is what it is.

You should run up stairs for exercise. make sure you skip a step. Or go walking in the woods. For your arms, you could practice climbing on top of things. that's simple. Climb on top of things, and climb down. Good starter exercise.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2010, 08:52:06 am »
I love having small breasts. About 34B. They are the perfect fit for a man's hands :). And I can wear cute, low cut tank tops or go braless. I like being lean and toned all over. I am still feminine and not at all hard, but I have no curvy lumps and find that figure unattractive. I would hate to be hourglass or have more fat and curves.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2010, 11:34:19 am »
Hey Wolf I think how you're thinking is fine. How come you don't want to go walking on your own though? If you just go walking, you can even do short periods of running along the way as well.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2010, 12:03:14 pm »
beauty is the eye of beholder. for me, health comes 1st, so, the beauty of the body will ultimately turn on. i see female will become more feminine and man will become more manly (masculine) on a proper diet. we all should appreciate the way we look. everyone is beautiful and attractive. the more you want to know about someone, the more you will like that person.  8)

after eating raw meat, i also found myself more tuned. i'm also very sedated myself. coming from a culture where woman hardly do anything but cooking and raising children. but i also found the women are more attractive with body fat in some way. bengali women usually have round arms, heavy breast, round butt...etc they are gorgeous! i don't look like them though. people call me skinny.
bugs or country chickens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk