Author Topic: Losing too much body fat/weight?  (Read 75830 times)

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
Re: Losing too much body fat/weight?
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2010, 11:27:52 pm »
The two worst things for me in regards to acne were foods containing processed sugar and milk.Once I gave those up...voila! Clear skin.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2010, 02:01:39 am »
The two worst things for me in regards to acne were foods containing processed sugar and milk.Once I gave those up...voila! Clear skin.

I gave both of those up too, but I still got acne.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2010, 02:11:52 am »
Another thing that helps existing acne (and somewhat stops more from coming) is Tea Tree oil, its very antibacterial...
Just put a couple drops on a napkin and dab the affected area...careful not to get it close to your eyes though if it gets in your eye it can be disastrous.
I also once got Athlete's foot from going barefoot in dirty public shower (dumb!) and cured it very quickly with just Tea Tree oil. It's great stuff skin infections.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2010, 04:43:05 am »
Another thing that helps existing acne (and somewhat stops more from coming) is Tea Tree oil, its very antibacterial...
Just put a couple drops on a napkin and dab the affected area...careful not to get it close to your eyes though if it gets in your eye it can be disastrous.
I also once got Athlete's foot from going barefoot in dirty public shower (dumb!) and cured it very quickly with just Tea Tree oil. It's great stuff skin infections.
You shouldn't use tea tree oil straight. Use it diluted 50/50 with water. I stopped using it because it dried out my skin although it did help with acne. It also contains some type of estrogen like substance that your body confuses with actual estrogen.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2010, 05:20:17 am »
Hmmm, I think the way your skin reacts to tea tree oil depends on the person...I use it straight 100% w/o problems, never dries my skin or burns it, just a nice tingle feeling, maybe I am just not sensitive to it...if I ever have a pimple I dowse it in straight tea tree oil and by next day its reduced to almost nothing. I am even able to apply it to my whole face and after it absorbs my skin has a nice healthy glow to it (when I do I put it all over my face, once a week, I apply a cream containing vitamin E after the tea tree oil has absorbed).
If you are not sensitive to tea tree oil it is an amazing skin cleanser.
That and the raw egg masks are the only two topical treatments I ever found to work on my own skin type, I tried witch hazel and many other things and they had no effects on me whatsoever  -\
Obviously one should try a little first to see how they react to it, I heard that tea tree oil cause some people to have red spots where the acne was, for me it causes any spots to clear up completely, how weird, everyone has their own sensitivities especially when it comes to skin

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2010, 12:22:40 am »
Hm, but then I have to buy an entire bottle of tea tree oil just to try out a few drops?  What if it doesn't work then, any only makes things worse?  Then I wasted money on the tea tree oil for nothing..

I wish you could just buy samples of things sometimes, instead of wasting your money on buying a whole package and finding out it doesn't work/you dont like it.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2010, 04:32:38 am »
If you ask at the stores that sell them, they might let you try a sample.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline crobiruiz

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2011, 02:02:24 pm »
Heavy weight is big problem for many people. There are many ways to lose weight like do exercise and yoga in early morning, Eat light weight food, Drink more water, Reduce stress and so on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk