Author Topic: Recommended Fruits On A Mostly Raw Animal Diet?  (Read 2820 times)

Offline brian99

• Forager
    • View Profile
Recommended Fruits On A Mostly Raw Animal Diet?
« on: February 22, 2012, 01:50:54 am »
I'm a couple weeks into RPD, eating mostly raw beef muscle meats/fat/organs along with some raw salmon or squid every 5 days or so.  For the first month or two on this diet I'd like to be able to have an occasional serving of fruit (every 3 days or so) before I try going zero carb.

Looking through the forum I see a lot of disagreement on what are considered good fruits for this diet, so I'm wondering what you personally have found works best for you on this diet.

Thanks

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Recommended Fruits On A Mostly Raw Animal Diet?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 02:10:55 am »
Hmm, raw avocadoes, but only in moderation. I never thrived on those few occasions where I tried depending on raw avocadoes as my main fat source.

I found blueberries, raspberries and strawberries to be the best. I like apples and oranges but they seem to make me go to the toilet slightly sooner after, due to the fibre perhaps?

I also like bananas but, these days, I have my doubts given GoodSamaritan's dismissive comments re Cavendish bananas etc.

I'd suggest blueberries as your minor fruit option, all in all.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Recommended Fruits On A Mostly Raw Animal Diet?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:28:08 am »
I recommend high Brix fruits, no matter what kind.  Here's a link to my thread on the subject:

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/general-discussion/brix-and-health/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk