Author Topic: health question  (Read 4715 times)

Offline d leh

• Forager
    • View Profile
health question
« on: August 24, 2009, 12:59:00 am »
i know this hasnt got to do anything with raw paleo diet but it just seems so crazy...this doctor on his website claims that smoking tobaco can actually have health benefits like protecting u from cancer and protecting brain from mental illness..here is the website https://web-purchases.com/640SRTBC/WRHBK7B3/landing.html it just seems completely crazy to me that inhaling smoke can actually have health benefits..what about all the chemicals added inside? and this website also states the same thing http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1265067/health_benefits_of_smoking_cigarettes.html that smoking can be healthy in certain amounts..what r ur views on that? perhaps they mean smoking tobaco without any chemicals added?....

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: health question
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 04:36:05 am »
my grandfather used to smoke cigars very occasionally (my grandmother couldn't stand it!), but regularly (he liked his cigars). Anyway the dentist had been telling him to quit, and when he showed my grandfather in the mirror how gray his gums were turning and predisposition to cancer my grandfather quit cold/immediately.  His gums returned to normal.

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 09:30:57 am »
People that smoke weed have greatly reduced chances of getting alzheimers.  The smoke also damages lung cells, but unlike tobacco smoke, those cells don't become cancerous.  In fact, people that smoke weed, even alot, don't typically get lung cancer.  THC has been shown to have anti-cancer properties. 

No surprise that smoking has health benefits.  There are also downsides.   
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline zaida

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 12:02:50 pm »
What about chewing tobacco, just curious as I do no think it wouldn't affect the lungs.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 04:59:06 pm »
What about chewing tobacco, just curious as I do no think it wouldn't affect the lungs.

Try it: if it tastes good then you can swallow it. If it tastes bad, spit it.

Cheers
Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 05:08:01 pm »
I have taken snuff(tobacco powder up the nose) in the far past(not since going rawpalaeo, though). It's a good compromise, as you get the benefits of the nicotine without the lethal smoke. Plus, snuff is dirt-cheap as it's not taxed.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk