Author Topic: Your view on supplements  (Read 16341 times)

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Your view on supplements
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2013, 02:31:27 am »
I used to buy digestive enzymes, in particular the serrapeptase, a proteolithic one.
I took it for nearly 06 months everyday, religiously, but I think they did not do anything.

Once I opened a few capsules, took a piece of raw meat and poured the dust over and left for a couple of days but there was no sign of the meat being "eaten" by the enzyme..

Dont know.. maybe that was not the way to test but also I did not feel any improvements in my health..

I bought those pills because they were supposed to shrink old blood cloths in the body.. And I had an ovarian cyst which I think it is still there.
Should go and get an ecography done to see if something changed.. l)

Also, I bought some probiotics which gave me loose stools so I just stopped the treatment after a couple of days.

I tried drinking water kefir but it gave me gases after just one day, half a cup..

It seems my flora is fine the way it is, naturally. And I can see it. BH''.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2013, 03:27:18 am »

Dont know.. maybe that was not the way to test

Indeed that was not a good way to test. Digestive enzymes require a certain pH range to function effectively. Furthermore, enzymes are more active at warm temperatures, for example in the human body. In the fridge they would do little, at room temp they would do more than in the fridge, but much less than in the body.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2013, 04:37:00 am »
Ideally, I'd like to be able to retrieve everything from my environment.

However I'm a realist and that would require a complete working knowledge of paleo life, which is something none of us have with certainty.

So I will supplement with things that would normally be found but otherwise unattainable today: iodine would be in sea water/sea plants/ sea food. I have poor access to those so I supplement as necessary. Same goes for sea salt, or anything else necessary.

Animal foods primarily, plant foods secondary, herbs/supplements tertiary. That's my motto. Write it down.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2013, 08:27:01 am »
I bought those pills because they were supposed to shrink old blood cloths in the body.. And I had an ovarian cyst which I think it is still there.
Should go and get an ecography done to see if something changed.. l)

I think iodine in large doses has been shown to help. Not sure though. If you're interested googling the key words - iodine, dr brownstein, ovarian cyst, might yield some results.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk