Author Topic: Blood type A? Is it bullshit or ...?  (Read 10420 times)

Offline intouchwithinstinct

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Blood type A? Is it bullshit or ...?
« on: June 01, 2010, 01:09:37 pm »
OK, I got my blood type tested today by a naturopath.
She said I was blood type A and this means I should flourish on a vego type diet.
My bullshit detector went off right away because I know this not to be true. 
I do well on lots of meat, and little amounts of fresh fruit veg ect.

So I have a few questions for all of you out there.

1: Is there anything that can interfere with a blood type test(Make it give a wrong reading I mean, I only ask because my father is type O and I don't know what my mother is.  I take a fair bit of different things so I'm just curious.  I want to be sure the test got it right is all)

2: What do you guys think of these blood type diets?

3: If my test was correct is there any real reliable information about blood types and foods that work well on them?

I would also like to just hear about your experiences with knowing your blood type and how its affected you guys?
"One wonders if there is not something in the life-giving vitamins and minerals of the food that builds not only great physical structures within which their souls reside, but builds minds and hearts capable of a higher type of mankind in which the material values of life are made secondary to individual character."~Weston Price~

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Re: Blood type A? Is it bullshit or ...?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 02:40:04 pm »
Hi!

I have bloodtype A too, and had no problems with transition to ZC.
Feel very good on "meat only".

No idea what to think of this bloodtype-diet. I tend to think, it is bullshit.  :)
(why it works for someone, must be because they eat less bread and other things that would be bad for everyone..)

Inger

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 05:13:45 pm »
The blood-type diet theories have already been debunked by Loren Cordain:-

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/infonews-items/cordain-newsletter-criticising-blood-type-diets/
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 07:40:14 pm »
I went to a naturopath when I was young and ill, he looked into my eyes for 10 seconds and told me I had urinary infection and sold me some herbs. Cost me $45. Not bad eh? I'm in the wrong business.

8 years later I heard some crazy people ate raw meat! This is the real deal... why bother with these other people?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 08:03:26 am »
I think in the world of sub-optimal diets blood type diet might "work." That is to say that it makes sense that different blood types may react more or less strongly to different types of sub-optimal foods. But in the world of paleo diet where you're not eating anything allergenic or in any way not designed for human digestion, then it isn't applicable. It's like how some people are allergic to gluten, and by that they mean clinically, because everyone is a little bit allergic to gluten.

Offline actualize81

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 01:49:54 am »
The whole Blood Type Diet is not BS at all.  It works for everyone who sticks with it.  The Blood Type "diet"
is for healing more problematic health issues where the genotype diet (based upon epigenetics) takes it to the next level and is better for less chronic issues and more of a way of life...  They're somewhat related but I"d try the Blood Type Diet first 100% .  People rave about it on amazon.com

FOr the most current values check the website @ dadamo.com (and free by the way).  Take the "risk" and follow it 100% for your type for a week or two and see what happens....

Good luck man...

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 11:53:34 am »
I only ask because my father is type O and I don't know what my mother is.  I take a fair bit of different things so I'm just curious.  I want to be sure the test got it right is all)

I would say a third of the people who have type A blood have their biological father who has type O blood, intouchwithinstinct.  I'm sure any test can be fumbled, but ABO blood typing is very easy.  It takes a few seconds, before the tester gets a chance to turn around.  You most likely are type A like they told you that you are.

I"d try the Blood Type Diet first 100% .  People rave about it on amazon.com

FOr the most current values check the website @ dadamo.com (and free by the way).  Take the "risk" and follow it 100% for your type for a week or two and see

Steve, do you know whether you're a secretor now?  All the type O's I know like you do great on the blood type diets right away.  All the type A's I know do best once they eat the right meat.  Take dadamo's risk.  He has type A too.  Some of the Asian cultures have long well developed views on ABO blood groups, probably 90 years prior dadamo's research.  What do they say about food for each type?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk