Author Topic: eating cold meat  (Read 3356 times)

rawrock2

eating cold meat
« on: September 15, 2008, 09:47:39 am »
I agree that food is not supposed to be cooked at all.  But what about those who live in cold climates?  Do they eat the meat raw even though it becomes frozen from the surrounding super cold climate?  After doing a search on google I found a discussion going on in which a group of people stated that that is exactly what they do.  They live in Alaska or somewhere (i don't recall) but they eat frozen caribou and other meats raw.  they do NOT heat it up and they don't chew it.  They just cut it into small strips and swallow it.  They say that stomach works very hard to digest it and that actually keeps them warm.  Thoughts...?  here's the link

http://www.ozzu.com/photography-forum/high-the-arctic-eskimo-t77319-15.html

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: eating cold meat
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 10:10:57 am »
Wow, that's a good find! And really interesting!

I, myself, prefer my meat at room-temperature, but a little cold isn't bad either. I've eaten meat where the inside is still a little frozen, but that's only when I forgot to defrost some the night before  :D

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 06:00:19 pm »
Wel, I certainly don't like to chew frozen meat but I've bolted it down in the past. I don't recommend it, realy.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 10:53:24 pm »
I actually like cold meat. Then sometimes I like warm meat. I like to mix it up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk