Author Topic: Leptin  (Read 3732 times)

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile

Satya

Re: Leptin
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:50:13 am »
I have this book.  It has a lot of good information in it.  He recommends 3 meals a day, so perhaps that in itself is not for everyone.  But he has a good knowledge of and focus on leptin; also in terms of alcohol, candida and other drugs.  He also covers inflammation, metabolism, sleep, exercise, hormones, cancer and more.  He is a nutritionist and covers subjects pretty thoroughly.

I am glad you brought up leptin, as I have not looked at this book for some time, and with the new information I have received in the last year, it warrants another viewing.  The way he covers female hormones and life cycle in terms of leptin is pretty in depth.  Look for it in your library at least.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Leptin
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 01:04:49 am »
a good knowledge of and focus on leptin; also in terms of alcohol, candida and other drugs.  He also covers inflammation, metabolism, sleep, exercise, hormones, cancer and more.

Mastering Leptin by Byron J. Richards...

I just read this book to learn more about leptin, after reading about it in Nora Gedgaudas's book. Everything I read made sense so far. All that is left is to play guinea pig and see how it works, so I am going to follow Richards's recommendations through the end of the year.

I don't follow every idiot that comes down the pike, however, looking back on my life - what I ate and how I felt at various times, I distinctly recall feeling my best when I followed an eating style that was similar to Richards's Five Rules. Richards does not write from a raw paleo perspective, but there is nothing in his recommendations that is anti-RPD, either.

If I get half the results that I anticipate, I'm going to buy another copy of the book, march down to the castle that my medical doctor works in, and shove the book down his throat recommend that he learn about leptin and use the concepts in his practice.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk