Author Topic: Resolutions, Declaration, and Awakening in the new year.  (Read 7867 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Resolutions, Declaration, and Awakening in the new year.
« on: January 01, 2014, 08:01:41 am »
I have been doing much thinking as of late, such is my custom, and there is so much more I wish to do with this thing called life.

The more and more I learn about what is going on in the world, the more I feel a call to action. As I continue to seek out answers and grow in awareness this calling becomes harder and harder to ignore, the question is what should one do about it?

I have tried reaching out to the media, to bring Raw paleo to attention of the multitude, with limited success. There is a huge and growing interest in the Paleo diet, yet the industrial controlled scientific establishments refuses to give credence to our cause. Its possible the system is hoping that the Paleo movement is just the next fad that will go away. Well, we are not going away, there are already too many of us who have experienced the results first hand. There is momentum in the paleo movement, let us us this momentum to break through the stonewalls of the crumbling institutions and lay siege to the fortresses of ignorance and greed that are keeping us locked in the dark ages.

There is a 75 million dollar Heart disease/diabetes/ bariatric  center, which is Part of the university medical center, 2 miles from my home. The center regularly receives multimillion dollar grants, which are almost entirely wasted on experimental and ineffective drug based treatments. I have a deep seated conviction that if only the institution were to use that grant money to investigate nutritional therapy alternatives, then real breakthroughs could be made.

They are wasting ungodly amounts of money playing around with petri dishes while millions of people are suffering from conditions that could be corrected by the proper development of nutrition and lifestyle therapies.

http://research.med.uky.edu/news/uk-receives-113-million-cardiovascular-disease-and-obesity-research

So I have been thinking about going down there and requesting to speak with the people who run the research programs and talking with them about the paleo diet. I will be polite and Ernest about my conviction, that alternative nutritional therapy needs to be investigated first and foremost. I will speak to whoever will listen, and will try to reach the ears of the head honchos. Then depending on how that goes I will decide what to do next.

I was just curious if anyone else has any Ideas how to initiate positive change within the heart of these misguided scientist that run our University research facilities?

It is not enough to just gripe about, in the blogosphere and say its hopeless, I want to go to ground zero and look those people in the eyes and ask them to join the awakening, for the benefit of all humanity.

If the peaceful call to reason is not heard, then there will be no recourse but to use other means of gaining attention. In that case I would ask for advise and possibly more direct support for my efforts? Are there any revolutionaries out their who would pledge support for such a noble cause?

Imagine the kind of publicity stunts that we could undertake for the Paleo cause. Just like Martian Luther we could go to the front of the medical research establishments and nail a Reformation Declaration to their doors, or perhaps sneak in a hidden camera to film me pleading with the researchers to hear our case, and when they refuse to listen, post the footage to the web so that everyone can see how deliberately ignorant  and resistant to change the system really is.

These are a few of the ideas on taking the next step forward. I now open up this topic for discussion, please be honest in you advise, and thoughtful in your suggestions.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Resolutions, Declaration, and Awakening in the new year.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 09:59:24 pm »
You can certainly try talking to people at the research center, but don't get your hopes up too much. The grants they receive are filled with stipulations on what can and cannot be studied, and those stipulations generally require that positive results lead to the development and patenting of new drugs, supplements or some other reactive techno-treatment that forces people to spend money to stay alive. Prevention, including the adoption of better eating patterns, is usually not on the table.

Interestingly enough, this issue was dealt with at length and in great detail in T. Colin Campbell's new book Whole. Folks might recall Campbell as the author of The China Study, a book that uses biased and largely discredited research methods and data to bash animal foods. Whole continues to make that claim, but also offers excellent discussions on why reductionist science and our infatuation with individual vitamins and minerals is unwise, and why it's so hard to champion dietary changes in a world where money talks and drugs, supplements and technology are so profitable. Despite being written by a vegetarian, I strongly recommend the book!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:23:14 am by Eric »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 01:11:37 pm »
The world runs on this money system.
We need to fix the money system to conform to human progress.
Scientists do studies that receive funding.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 05:45:00 am »
Thanks Eric ....Just the kind of enthusiasm I was looking for...

Seriously, we are not going to change the world by reading books that tell us why its so damn hard to change the world, and that our system just wont allow for the kind of reformation that I am postulating. This is defeatist and I will not hear it.

If the world is run on money and its not running for the beneficence of humanity, then its time to usurp the money system and install new institutions in its place.

I have already been brainstorming possible solutions on how this could be done, but before they will have a chance of any effect, we have to awaken a much larger portion of the population. You nay slayers may be correct, and it may be a waste of time speaking to politicians and the financially enslaved. What I am purposing is going directly to the technicians within the institutions. Start with the directors of university research departments, and if they don't listen then take the message to the subordinate class of working drones. Make the case to each individual that the Awakening is Here and humanity is in need of our personal support. It may not have an immediate effect but it will plant the seeds of change, and in time under the right conditions they will grow.

There are growing numbers of people who are willing to listen , and do want to change the system, if only they had an outlet. By raising awareness and championing a cause we could evoke the kind of awakening it is going to take for a genuine reformation. What I am asking here is for people to offer their support and advise to someone who would be willing to take up the good fight. I am willing to go anywhere and speak to anyone about the Awakening and if necessary I will be willing to get a disorderly conduct charge and be dragged off kicking and screaming.

Think about the possibility, of community run holistic care cooperative centers. This could be an alternative to the governmental insurance rackets that are now in place. These non profit cooperatives would be free market run, members could pay into a system of healthcare of their choosing. These centers could fully integrate the best of alternative and mainstream medicine to give people the best of both worlds. People would pay in at rates that would cover the cost, and the money which is not directly payed out for services could be invested by a democratically elected board, into public works projects, devoted to making the community a healthier place.

Instead of our government giving grants to pharmaceutical company's to develop drugs, these community efforts could investigate the environmental causes of health problems, and work to enact preventative measures, which if properly implemented would save the community from much unneeded suffering.

Ok, I know I will need to work on the message and delivery, before I can sell this idea to the public. Regardless of any limitations, I am going to make a go of it and starting this next week I will begin doing missionary work. I am going to start referring to myself as a Mercenary of Gaia, dress up in my finest clothing, and start proselytizing at the various establishments in my area.  Wish me luck.

If anyone has any better Ideals please let me know?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:55:16 am by sabertooth »

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 01:50:00 pm »
If the world is run on money and its not running for the beneficence of humanity, then its time to usurp the money system and install new institutions in its place.

Yes, the world runs on money and money only.  And most people don't care about beneficence of humanity.  Most people are selfish, ignorant, and greedy.  There is nothing out there than can replace money system on the large scale.  If you can come up with a working model you'll get a Nobel prize.  The end state of communist society eliminates the use of money.  We all know all communist experiments failed miserably.

What you are talking about works only in very small and closed communities such as remote tribes or a kibbutz to some degree.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 05:27:10 pm »
I admire Sabertooth's enthusiasm, but yes, I agree with ys. Some profs and docs might agree with you when you talk to them privately, but they won't jeopardize their career by supporting your stance publicly.

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/hot-topics/ted-talk-on-population-growth/msg114344/#msg114344
We are meant to live in small tribal groups of less than 150 people having an almost unlimited area to gather and hunt. “Sex at Dawn” http://sexatdawn.com/ pages 108-109:
    Noticing the importance of grooming behavior in social primates, British anthropologist Robin Dunbar plotted overall group size against the neocortical development of the brain. Using this correlation, he predicted that humans start losing track of who’s doing what to whom when group size hits about 150 individuals. In Dunbar’s words, “The limit imposed by neocortical processing capacity is simply on the number of individuals with whom a stable inter-personal relationship can be maintained.”7 Other anthropologists had arrived at the same number by observing that when group sizes grew much beyond that, they tend to split into two smaller groups. Writing several years before Dunbar’s paper was published in 1992, Marvin Harris noted, “With 50 people per band or 150 per village, everybody knew everybody else intimately, so that the bonding of reciprocal exchange could hold people together. People gave with the expectation of taking and took with the expectation of giving.”8 Recent authors, including Malcolm Gladwell in his best-selling The Tipping Point, have popularized the idea of 150 being a limit to organically functioning groups.

Having evolved in small, intimate bands where everybody knows our name, human beings aren’t very good at dealing with the dubious freedoms conferred by anonymity. When communities grow beyond the point where every individual has at least a passing acquaintance with everyone else, our behavior changes, our choices shift, and our sense of the possible and of the acceptable grows ever more abstract.

The same argument can be made concerning the tragic misunderstanding of human nature that underlies communism: community ownership doesn’t work in large-scale societies where people operate in anonymity.

The last phrase is exactly what a told a leftist girlfriend 36 years ago. She was telling me:
“Communism works, we have experimented it between my husband and me !”
I laughed and replied:
“Of course, it can even work on a small Pacific island where everyone knows each other !”

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:50:14 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 02:28:27 am »
New as a member, though been reading the forum for months.

All you can do right now with the means you have is finding people who are willing to go raw, and educate them. Even better if those people are with health problems, and better yet if with severe health problems, and even better if conventional "healing" methods haven't worked. The goal would be healing them with real food and real medicines. Once healed, or significantly better, then to write their stories down and make them public through the internet, media, and however else. To keep it up, to always find more and more people, and so more stories. Some of the ones who needed help would begin helping others as well, a branching out. Eventually the stories would pile up - tens, hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands - who could ignore this? No one. If things were to go this way no doubt the greedy bunch would try to sabotage the effort, feed even more lies, etc., but the stories would keep piling up still. People would notice those ill getting better from "incurable diseases" and such. People would want to know how and why. This is the only way you can help your cause and actually succeed at it, the only.

Going to doctors and talking to them is a total waste of time, seriously. There are only a handful of doctors who are aware of the real reality, they know there's no point making a fuss if there's little to no one backing up the effort, and as a result would destroy their career and much else.

If you did this, went to talk to the doctors, you'd be branded insane. If they also wanted to, I have little doubt they wouldn't, make a media story about the incident, you'd lose credibility in the eyes of those who don't even know you yet, and as a result make people believe their lies even more. It would serve their cause so very well, connecting your diet with your claimed "insanity". Best to really think things through, possible actions to take and their likely consequences, 'cause just one mistake...

The medical world is dominated by money, ignorance, stupidity, prejudice, greed. They don't care one bit, as a whole, for curing the cause, they deal with symptoms only. No wonder why, if they went for the cause, in most cases diet alone would solve the problem, and as a result there'd be no drugs and no money in turn, they'd be bankrupt.
That money was never meant to be used for improving people's lives anyway. It was meant to be used for finding more ways to "make more" money.
The medical world is business first, and business last, in between... business as usual.

Humanity has many problems. First is obviously the diet, then capitalism and religions, then many inferior values.
Everything's running on money, but in truth this is not true as money is made by people in the first place, and everything else is made by people.
People pay to have things. Did money make that thing? Nope, did not. A person did. So what does money do? Uhm... Absolutely nothing but keep humanity back, as before people move themselves toward an effort they first wait for the money to arrive. But if they are already there, the resources are there as well, then why not already begin the work? Things are produced because they are demanded, because they are needed to progress. Anyway, the job gets done, produce is finished and ready for anyone who needs it. Money does not dictate need.
Right now it's basically like this. There are two persons, both consumers and workers. Both produce something the other needs. That production goes first, say, to a warehouse where they are received. Oh, wait... no, that's not exactly right... one person has too little money to get what he/she needs, doesn't matter that the item is ready and waiting - no money, no product. Money is, when thinking realistically, completely negative to human progress.

That humanity cannot move onward without money is propaganda, basically. Those who say money is needed are brainwashed and/or basing the claim on wrong values. Seriously, when has ever a society of millions been at least tested without money, and with the corresponding and necessary values to make it work? Never. Every time I've seen someone mention moneyless society, someone has always mentioned it couldn't work, that it could only work in a small tribe. Not once has anyone mentioned anything about the values the society is based on, other than "no money". Honestly, those "smart" historians, philosophers and such, why do all of them take, as an example, our current society and remove money without changing anything else and claim "it has not, can not, will not work". Of course it wouldn't work! It's not just the money that needs to be changed, it's the people and what they hold dear, what they value, how they are raised and educated. Those great "geniuses" are in truth total idiots, to put it lightly. If you try it, even in your mind or paper, you must consider every relevant factor, otherwise, what are you doing?

Fixing people's diet would probably, eventually, fix everything else as a result. After all, it's hard to think if the brain isn't getting what it needs in the form it should be and enough of it, while accompanied by toxins.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 03:39:24 am »
Fixing people's diet would probably, eventually, fix everything else as a result

So raw paleo diet will lead to the fairest moneyless system and everyone will be happy.  I don't know what to say.  I'm speechless...

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 04:01:44 am »
Oh Ye of little faith.

What I wish to discuss is pragmatically realistic solutions. I am not selling any Utopian model, free of money or greed. I am advocating for the construction of the sharing economy right along side of the current one. Its not an all or nothing proposal. In order for the sharing economy to take off exponentially, we will need to awaken enough people and encourage them to participate, so that it becomes a viable alternative. This is the primary goal of my mission work, to raise awareness and get others involved in awakening to these new possibilities.

Craigslist, ride share, Air B and B, match.com are just the beginning of what could be the emergence of a new economy, where the cost of services are not determined by corruptible market forces, but are agreed upon by individual human beings in accordance with their own personal values. The return of honor and fairness that such new methods of exchange can bring are worth developing more fully. I am not talking about communism vs. capitalism, these terms are outdated and no longer relevant to what I am discussing, what I am preaching is a communal-ism, where people are free to participate, work, share, and set their own exchange rates within a wider economically sustainable community, outside the control and manipulation of the Money Masters.

For example, We rent out our extra rooms to travelers, which pays our mortgage, I buy my food from local farmers where I can get top quality food for bargain prices. If ever I need anything all I do is look up the craigslist adds, or ask my Facebook friends. If my children ever need anything there is a community of people willing to help out. This allows me to work three days a week in order to earn enough for the bare necessities, freeing me up to take on the problems of the world. Leisure time and philanthropic opportunity was once something only available to the wealthy, but this new economy offers the opertunity for anyone to become wealthy in ways beyond the measure of Money.

I wish for people to see the potential of this new economy if it was applied to healing.

My girlfriend is a massage therapist, we both are nutritionist, and into holistic healthy lifestyles. By networking with like minded individuals we could establish the kind of alternative wellness centers which would actually give people real alternatives which were affordable. This isn't some Utopian delusion, its already occurring on a small scale in limited ways, what I am advocating is encouraging everyone who is aware of the falseness and deception of the economic system to become involved and support the alternative sharing economy. Now that we have the power to directly connect to people across the world we are no longer at the mercy of markets or advertisers and all the middle men.

The main obstacle in the establishment of the new beneficent economy is the old Babylonian vampire system of finance capital. The research grants that would validate the nutritional lifestyle treatments that people like us are pioneering are being deliberate wasted on trivial pursuits in order to secure profits against competition from lower cost and more effective alternatives. The farm subsidy and research are all going to unnatural agricultural methods. All economic regulation is geared toward maintaining the current model.

So my solutions are two fold, first let us build the secondary economy right along side of the current establishment. Then as it grows we will be able to have the resources and people needed to confront the more core issues which are preventing progress. There is nothing crazy or radical about what I am purposing.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:25:45 am by sabertooth »

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 08:15:08 pm »
So raw paleo diet will lead to the fairest moneyless system and everyone will be happy.  I don't know what to say.  I'm speechless...
If everyone's minds were working on a capacity they should then yes. Right now who are making the decisions for everyone, what are the decisions, are there better alternatives, and most importantly, what are their diets? I've noticed on myself, when going from "normal" to raw, a change in mental capability. I see how "normal" people behave, how they speak, what they say; they comprehend so little, they suggest things without really thinking anything through, they omit, they don't even see enough, so much relevant when addressing something, etc. A person on "normal" diet is not the same person if he/she were on raw diet.
It's not money that keeps everything going, it's people working and doing what needs to be done. If people don't care for the job they do, only care for themselves and money, then what is the point of it all? Say, in the future, all electronic, money as well. Then something happens, no money no more, and people have gone so far that they value money so much they don't move a bit without it. It promotes people to not care. Money, this so called capitalism, is a dead end.

Capitalism is a form of slavery, instead of some person ordering you around, money orders you around. Or some person orders you around through money. Presently both apply to most of humanity. I would very much it wasn't so one day.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 05:18:56 am »
By networking with like minded individuals we could establish the kind of alternative wellness centers which would actually give people real alternatives which were affordable.

The question is do people want this alternative?  You have to look at big picture. Most people put convenience, comfort, and temporary pleasures far ahead of own health.  And you can't change that.  That's a human nature.  In case of headache or stomachache most would prefer a quick pill. Very few would take longer natural approach.  99% of the population is satisfied with symptom treating.  Because it is convenient and give immediate results.

That's the reason why fast food is thriving even though every media outlet have been blasting it for the last 15 years or so.  That's the reason why people smoke, drink, and use drugs.

That's the reason why Chinese and Indians are massively copying western style of living.  It gives them what they want - convenience and temporary but immediate comfort and pleasure.  All people are the same.

The main obstacle in the establishment of the new beneficent economy is the old Babylonian vampire system of finance capital. The research grants that would validate the nutritional lifestyle treatments that people like us are pioneering are being deliberate wasted on trivial pursuits in order to secure profits against competition from lower cost and more effective alternatives.

Again, you are not seeing far enough. Let's say you got the grants and your natural treatments are validated.  Here comes a person with high blood pressure.  Your tell him eat raw paleo diet and over time blood pressure would normalize, basically tell him to completely change his lifestyle.  Traditional doc would tell him reduce salt intake, drink more water, more fruits and vegetables, and here is pill twice a day, then do a blood test and give few more pills.  Basically, adjust his lifestyle a little and pop a few pills a day.  Guess which one he would choose even if you show him all those studies?

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 06:16:16 am »
The question is do people want this alternative?  You have to look at big picture. Most people put convenience, comfort, and temporary pleasures far ahead of own health.  And you can't change that.  That's a human nature.
Saying it's "human nature" is like saying "god made it". They both keep you from looking further for real answers.

Why do they put all those things ahead of own health? "Human nature" is no answer. And yes, you can change that. But first you have to figure out the reasons and causes why people are as they are, why they value what they do. And there are many reasons, many answers.

In case of headache or stomachache most would prefer a quick pill. Very few would take longer natural approach.  99% of the population is satisfied with symptom treating.  Because it is convenient and give immediate results.
Why is it convenient and as if "gives immediate results"? Why can't they see the bigger picture? Why can't they see things so obvious? Why are they so blind?
"Human nature"? No.

That's the reason why fast food is thriving even though every media outlet have been blasting it for the last 15 years or so.  That's the reason why people smoke, drink, and use drugs.
"Because it is convenient and give immediate results." Or perhaps there's deeper reasons? Not convenience and in this case definitely not immediate results. If they are known to be so bad even by doctors, and there are many studies proving it, then why are they still being produced? The general population is not responsible for producing all that crap, they just do their job in exchange for a crappy salary that can barely support them.
Why do they make such crap if they know it's not good? Why do they work for such low salary? Why are they paid so little? Why don't they like getting paid so little? Why aren't they doing anything about it? Why do they just follow the "rules/laws"? Why are the laws allowing such crappy conditions? Who made/make those laws? Why would they make such laws? Etc. Answers for all of them and it's not "human nature".

That's the reason why Chinese and Indians are massively copying western style of living.  It gives them what they want - convenience and temporary but immediate comfort and pleasure.  All people are the same.
Not so, not "human nature". It's hard to prevail in a world that grows bigger while you remain the same. The bigger it gets the more it will influence, doesn't matter what qualities the bigger side has. The smaller either goes along or fades away, either way will lose, unless the values differed from present ones and they'd be given a chance to grow as they should with their defining qualities.
Indians were destroyed by greedy europeans long ago, putting more than just a halt to their progress. They have no real land of their own, not anymore, they aren't really free as a people. They have no other option. A defeated people, sad (hopefully not true, but hey, kinda can relate...).
China's change began with the communism thing, or before that even. Or rather, China hit a dead end on its own, so going the western path was an easy way of moving at least in some direction. Funny how it's still regarded as a communist country while in truth it is not communist at all, pure dictatorial capitalism there. As well, they do produce so much that is shipped outside, made by cheap labor, as good as slaves really.

That people in general are all the same is no indication of why things are as they are. You still have to ask why? You get an answer, and you ask the same question from the answer. Then again, and again, until you get to the root cause or causes. And then should become obvious that things can be changed, that saying it's "human nature" is avoiding the solution.
The question is do people want this alternative?  You have to look at big picture. Again, you are not seeing far enough.
And neither are you.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 08:48:00 am »
Saying it's "human nature" is like saying "god made it".

I feel that's a very disabling and limiting factor in many individual's lives. Thinking there's a programming for humans (whether God made, nature, etc.) immediately limits you. Thinking I'm this way because God made me like that, or I do this because it's natural itself is limiting. Some times I feel the obstacle when explaining something someone disagrees with isn't getting them to see the way you do (ie. RPD > SAD), but rather getting them to accept their views could be wrong and/or there are other views besides theirs. Sadly most people dip to one or both sides of the spectrum of believing they're programmed by nature or God.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 04:15:01 pm »
Go for it Sabertooth... my healer friends all have some kind of dreams like yours they would like to accomplish.

I'm betting this is what true health does to you.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 05:53:45 pm »
I'm betting this is what true health does to you.
I'd say it's rather that true health makes one see things more clearly and more efficiently, compared to SAD diet, the brain being not bogged down by toxins and damaged nutrients and lack of nutrients. And if you see how matters are, you see the flaws and mistakes and what makes it not well, you will want to change it all for a better. You will start thinking, considering what could and can be done, the actions that can be taken. It's simply our mind doing what it has evolved for - all connected to survival down and up the line. This planet will die one day, and our minds can produce a way off it before that happens.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 11:19:01 am »
"Human nature" is no answer. And yes, you can change that.

Well, good luck with that.  I've known a lot of people in life and only handful are willing to change.  The rest of them will absolutely not change their lifestyle even when on deathbed.

Why is it convenient and as if "gives immediate results"? Why can't they see the bigger picture? Why can't they see things so obvious? Why are they so blind?

you must be very young.

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 08:16:10 pm »
Well, good luck with that.  I've known a lot of people in life and only handful are willing to change.  The rest of them will absolutely not change their lifestyle even when on deathbed.
You see they are unwilling to change, and seems obvious that's all you see. I see they are unwilling and then I look at why. What you see immediately, on the surface, is not the whole truth.
Don't need luck. There's no luck.
you must be very young.
The fact that age is completely irrelevant shows you are biased, as you brought it in. As if the fact that one has lived longer gives that person precedence, no matter that the person omits so much relevant, that the person obviously doesn't see the entire picture. Sorry, not how things work. If you're wrong you're wrong no matter your age. There are so many examples to give showing that age determines as good as nothing; how long one has lived does not reflect mental maturity.
I've seen older people than me, even really old, say so stupid things. Regarding the issue only on the surface even though they should already know better (even there I ask why so - why do they see so little). Are you like them? Not much point to ask, is there?

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 02:04:05 am »
Well, I haven't been able to do my mission work, as of yet, the arctic chill has frozen the town and I am busy with other task, but I have sent over my paleo proclamation to a collage radio DJ and if the censors would allow, he would give me a radio interview that would be heard by thousands of people. Not that I am getting my hopes up, but the station does pride itself on being radical.

I still say that some people get too focused on absolutes, fussing and fighting over triviality while forgetting the actual cause of doing mission work, which is to reach out to individuals with a message that they would not hear otherwise. Sure the majority may just ignore what I have to say, but judging by the explosion of the paleo diet on the internet and the growing credibility among alternative health media, the time is right to march our way into the mainstream, biting and clawing, tooth and nail, into the Establishment media outlets, using whatever means necessary.

In the end 99% of all life hits a dead end and will fail to adapt and evolve, so no mater what we do as individuals there will be no way to save everyone. But we can reach out to others and share our knowledge with anyone who is willing to listen, and be satisfied with doing all that is humanly possible to bring sanity clarity and prosperity to as many people as will be open to it.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 06:36:53 am »
I see they are unwilling and then I look at why

You say a lot of words but totally no substance.  Go ahead and enlighten us why people are lazy, why are they greedy, why are they selfish, why do they easily succumb to comfort?  If it is not a human nature then what is it?

Here is some reality for you.  Go ahead ask forum members now many of them convinced their parents to eat raw meat.  I have yet to find a single case.

judging by the explosion of the paleo diet on the internet and the growing credibility among alternative health media, the time is right to march our way into the mainstream, biting and clawing, tooth and nail, into the Establishment media outlets, using whatever means necessary

That's true cooked paleo is very popular.  That's because it is not radical and does not require drastic lifestyle change.  As soon as you introduce radical component such as raw meat 99.999% immediately look away.  You will probably get one here one there onboard but that's where it'll end.  People like to see results.  A good example to reach masses is 120 year old still functioning on their own.  Or 70year old that has looks and fitness level of a 40year old.  People are very skeptical to all sorts of studies but are sold very quickly when they see effective pictures. 

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 07:15:36 am »
Progress happens incrementally and we have to start somewhere. Once cook paleo becomes firmly established, then will we be more easily able to convince the people who already like their meat bloody rare, to go completely raw. I've already convinced a few to try raw meat and many others to go rare.

Also I am not hung up on the whole raw deal, if I could do anything to get others to eat anywhere within the paleo spectrum instead of a Sad diet I would consider my efforts a success.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:08:07 am by sabertooth »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 08:43:32 am »
Progress happens incrementally and we have to start somewhere. Once cook paleo becomes firmly established, then will we be more easily able to convince the people who already like their meat bloody rare, to go completely raw. I've already convinced a few to try raw meat and many others to go rare.

Also I am not hung up on the whole raw deal, if I could do anything to get others to eat anywhere within the paleo spectrum instead of a Sad diet I would consider my efforts a success.

I hear you bro.  Let us know how it goes and how we can support you.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 09:39:45 am »
This allows me to work three days a week in order to earn enough for the bare necessities, freeing me up to take on the problems of the world. Leisure time and philanthropic opportunity was once something only available to the wealthy, but this new economy offers the opertunity for anyone to become wealthy in ways beyond the measure of Money.

To each their own. But I don't see why you couldn't make more money than just enough for bare necessities, and also set out to help others gain better health if that's what you choose to do. More money means more food and financial security, it also means food security.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 10:03:11 am »

I put most of my energies into talking down wheat and sugar. If that goes well, I'll talk ancestral diet and paleo, and if that goes really well, I'll mention that I never cook my food. My only real raw paleo conversations are between me and the people who sell me meat.

The other day, the new butcherette was cutting my marrow bone lengthwise and said, "what do you do with it? scoop out the marrow and cook it?"

My answer, of course, led to a raw meat discussion, one of many I've had with butchers. The old-timers all confess that they eat raw meat, but the younger generation are so indoctrinated against micro-organisms that most conversations are futile.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2014, 11:40:35 am »
To each their own. But I don't see why you couldn't make more money than just enough for bare necessities, and also set out to help others gain better health if that's what you choose to do. More money means more food and financial security, it also means food security.

"Mo Money Mo problems"
Notorious B.I.G.

If anyone knows a way for me to make more money without the hassles, trappings , and obligations attached to money then please let me know, and I will give it consideration. In all reality I want to practice what I preach and work to support myself in ways that don't require having money. I work about thirty hours a week. 24 for the Farm and 6 for my side jobs for about 300$ a week. According to the federal government, my earnings are well below the poverty line.

There are many kinds of wealth in this world and some of the wealthiest and happiest people I have met don't have any money at all. The wealth I am after is to be found in the sharing economy. My security comes from a community of people who support me. My girlfriend is a massage therapist who nurtures me mind, body and spirit. Me, the mother, the church community,  and others in the family make sure my children have everything they need to be happy, and if ever any of them need my help I will be there. I can always scrooge up enough for my food animals, one way or another. My friends at the dance studio are awesome and let me train in exchange for maintenance work, so I pay nothing for recreation. There are a number of others in the community that will give me small jobs when I am in need of cash.

Eve.. You are correct to identify the core hazards of the Sad diet such as sugar and wheat and use that for a starting point to introduce the paleo diet to people. 

In the end, Success is completely subjective, I am sometimes discouraged and it often seems that none can understand much of what I wish to communicate. Then I feel like there are communicative limitations when expressing ideas using the language developed from the old understanding. If only there was a way to teach the blind to see? Ultimately, I don't know if there is a way to know success in these endeavors, perhaps we may be saving the world right now, but because its not on the nightly news our heroic efforts will go unnoticed. Success is just something you have to live, letting the results speak for themselves. The greatest teachers I have ever known were people so humble and down to earth, they never got much recognition, but by the simple efforts to live a good life they have had a larger impact on others than they themselves could ever know. Life is tough and even the best of us struggle to find meaningful work. Also success should be measured in degrees, not absolutes. I have high Ideals , but in reality I keep the bar set low, after all we are all only human. In short, If what I say inspires and encourages others to discover a path to a good life, then I will consider my efforts a success, regardless of all the big picture stuff.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:45:56 am by sabertooth »

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2014, 08:35:56 pm »
You say a lot of words but totally no substance. Go ahead and enlighten us why people are lazy, why are they greedy, why are they selfish, why do they easily succumb to comfort?  If it is not a human nature then what is it?
You think saying it's "human nature" is of some substance? It is of absolutely no substance - it answers no questions, gives no solutions. All it does is keep you from looking for real answers, for real solutions.
My point here is not to give you the answers, my point is to show that you are essentially dead wrong, is to make you ask those questions from yourself and give answers to yourself, all for yourself. So you would see things are not as simple as it's "human nature". As DaBoss said, it limits and disables you, and it does.

If you confront a problem, something you can't get around or over, and the only way of removing/fixing it is by looking into it for the reasons and causes why it is there and why it is as it is. The same goes about humanity and all the negative characteristics it has.

Here is some reality for you.  Go ahead ask forum members now many of them convinced their parents to eat raw meat.  I have yet to find a single case.
And again. You don't say it's "human nature", you look for the specific reasons why. "Human nature" answers absolutely nothing.

That's true cooked paleo is very popular.  That's because it is not radical and does not require drastic lifestyle change.  As soon as you introduce radical component such as raw meat 99.999% immediately look away.  You will probably get one here one there onboard but that's where it'll end.  People like to see results.  A good example to reach masses is 120 year old still functioning on their own.  Or 70year old that has looks and fitness level of a 40year old.  People are very skeptical to all sorts of studies but are sold very quickly when they see effective pictures.
And to none of it the answer is "human nature".

Results and effective pictures. Simply have to find people, easiest would be those who've tried so many things, so many different ways, nothing worked, but never went raw either. Then show them what stories we have, so far, of people healing themselves, explain them how things are, how they work, or should work, and why. Have them try it, for a month or so, and have them see whether condition improves or not; what do they have to lose? Once done, to make their story public. This is the most effective method; you can't fight real results. (Should definitely take before and after pictures.)
As sabertooth said, if doesn't want raw right away might as well go cooked, it'd be a significant improvement diet wise still. If sees improvements on cooked, and wants more, or just to see how it would be, then try raw.
Once I've got myself cured and matters fixed I'll eventually start looking into it here as well. Would be nice to look back at my life, once old, and see that I've made a difference for the better. Saying it's "human nature" gets you and humanity nowhere, because once you regard something as "human nature" you will not look any further.

As well, ain't it sort of funny how only negative characteristics seem to be regarded as "human nature"? And that "human nature" is only brought in when addressing negative features? Just sayin'...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk