Author Topic: Fish organs (offal)  (Read 3022 times)

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Fish organs (offal)
« on: October 01, 2017, 11:08:12 pm »
Over the duration of the last few weeks, I have been eating fish organs.  I've had good experience eating Bass and Pompano liver and heart. The liver for both fish is big pink and sweet and the heart is red and bloody. However, I've had some bad experiences with other fish that I am trying to understand.

Bad experiences:
- milkfish organs: extremely bitter. So bitter that the bitter taste clings to the back of the throat from a mere taste.
- rock cod liver: bland taste and white in color, which I found odd. I ate a bit then stopped. A few hours later I vomitted, and I'm pretty sure it was the liver specifically that I vomitted. First time I've vomitted on RPD.

Any similar experiences? Thoughts on what went wrong during the bad times?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Fish organs (offal)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 03:20:46 am »
For some strange reason, I still, after c.15 years of RPD, cannot stand raw fish organs, but have no issues with raw organ-meats from land-mammals. Sometimes, it can be just a question of individual tastes etc. For example, as a child, I used to occasionally steal and eat raw pigs' kidneys left in the kitchen , so that I easily got used to eating them when I switched to a RPD diet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:18:54 am »
milkfish is farmed.  stay away from it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:24:10 am »
Wild ocean fish eggs I will usually eat... they usually taste great... I just dip in a bit of vinegar for cleanliness.

Wild ocean milk fish eggs tasted absolutely amazing... I only came across a wild ocean milk fish mother fish once.

If you are looking for wild ocean organs, better get it from clams and oysters... I do so on a regular basis.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 01:28:39 am »
I now realize another hypothesis is that the cod led to a detox... But who knows...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk