Author Topic: Another reason why I can't stand doom-mongers  (Read 1850 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Another reason why I can't stand doom-mongers
« on: May 19, 2012, 06:41:26 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2146179/Teenage-girl-convinced-world-end-researching-doomsday-disasters-online-kills-herself.html

Now, you know why I dislike silly conspiracy-theories re the Fukushima nuclear disaster supposedly killing people thousands of miles away etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Another reason why I can't stand doom-mongers
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 07:06:43 am »
Here, here. Unfortunately, Chicken-Little screechings about the sky falling sell. As you may be aware, the Monty Python troupe did a funny send-up in The Life of Brian of Speakers' Corner doomsaying--how prophecies of doom are more exciting and popular than accurate predictions of the future:
Life of Brian - prophets
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 09:42:48 am »
LMAO.

I really expected the last guy to say something like ... and it's actually going be kinda nice. There will be these big markets where you can get food from anywhere in the world, homes will have cooled air  blah blah - and he gets stoned for being too boring.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 01:44:10 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 10:57:27 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2146179/Teenage-girl-convinced-world-end-researching-doomsday-disasters-online-kills-herself.html

Now, you know why I dislike silly conspiracy-theories re the Fukushima nuclear disaster supposedly killing people thousands of miles away etc.

That teenage girl needed parental guidance.

She missed the entire point of doomsday and conspiracy theory discussions.

The entire point is knowing what and when... because you WANT TO SURVIVE.

So you are PREPARED.

Geeezzzz.

I'd think there was something else.  MSM just hates rumor sites because The Powers That Be and the MSM lose their hypnotic control and audience.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk