Author Topic: Blue By Youuuu  (Read 3677 times)

Offline sweetiepitootie

• Forager
    • View Profile
Blue By Youuuu
« on: March 09, 2009, 12:40:36 pm »
Hi,

I'm in Tensas Parish Louisiana.  How do I start eating rawpaleo diet here?

Thanks

SP

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Blue By Youuuu
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 06:47:52 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

Here are several sticky topics every RAF-newbie should read:-

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 01:48:39 am »
Greetings.

My answer would be either finding a local grass fed farm or ordering by mail from a larger farm that delivers anywhere within the U.S.A.

Offline sweetiepitootie

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 02:25:25 am »
Thank you  ;D.  So far I bought cagefree eggs, but all the fish I could find has been frozen and all the meat grain-fed.  I wrote the Weston Price Chapter and they said they'll find me fertile eggs and free range chicken.  It's squirrel season here now (hunting), anyone here have experience eating raw squirrel?  Today I've just eaten the eggs Rockystyle and apples.

Satya

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 02:33:45 am »
Hi SP,

I realize you are not super close, but TX has a bunch of traditional farms.  I list farms generally on the north and central parts of the state, some of which may ship without freezing if that is what you desire, here:

http://www.traditionaltx.us/farm.htm

And you know, the WAPF lists milk sources on realmilk.com.  I think they should keep an international list of farms for all kinds of foods, not just raw milk.  Just my $0.02, but a good idea for someone to bring up to their WAPF chapter leader, imho.

Offline sweetiepitootie

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 02:51:56 pm »
Thank you for the info Satya. 

I went out seventy five miles and back today looking for grassfed nonfrozen and organic fruit.  I won't explain everything, as that is unnecessary, but trust me, a lot of the stuff was frozen, grainfed and stinky beyond belief.  I found good fuji apples though, also nice rosemary, oranges, crab and oysters shelled, nothing else.  I bought some organic sweet butter (pasteurized) and more cage-free eggs.  They swore up and down that everything was right, well basically (I didn't ask them to sign anything).

I got the food home and looked at the crab (as the fish guy wouldn't let me have a good look at it there).  The crab seems cooked in my perception.  I'll save the oysters for me to eat tomorrow.  This evening I ate butter and crab seasoned with rosemary.  I ate an orange an hour later.  I still have a good amount of both for tomorrow.

I'll look around the forum here tomorrow and see what kind of trouble I can get into.

SP

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk