Author Topic: How to get raw milk and kefir in Canada?  (Read 5617 times)

Offline healthyeater88

• Forager
    • View Profile
How to get raw milk and kefir in Canada?
« on: December 09, 2014, 06:38:25 am »
I live in Canada and came across this diet and am interested in trying it out.
However I heard it is illegal in Canada to purchase raw milk.
How can I still get the book's benefits in this case?

If this helps, I live in Montreal.
Thanks.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: How to get raw milk and kefir in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 06:44:36 am »
I live in Canada and came across this diet and am interested in trying it out.
However I heard it is illegal in Canada to purchase raw milk.
How can I still get the book's benefits in this case?

If this helps, I live in Montreal.
Thanks.

http://www.realmilk.com/real-milk-finder/other-countries/#can
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 06:52:05 am »
This link is the step off point. Other possibilities are to go out to farms and ask. We succeeded using this list in Ontario and in other places we had to start somewhere, say a health food store and start asking. If you find a farmer keep it to yourself. Quebec has liberal laws regarding raw cheese and so you can get them easily.

In Ottawa we lobbied the feds and they told us they had no problem, but it was the idiot Premier who put the hammer down. Even a member of his cabinet was getting raw milk from the guy who was busted for selling it. (Micheal Schmidt near Toronto) but still the donkey premier said no. He wanted to shut down vehicular GPSs and sushi bars and a raft of other things. A true control freak. Fortunately he's retired.
Cheers
Al

Offline healthyeater88

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 12:23:03 pm »

That's crazy!

Well for now I guess sticking to raw cheese is good enough, I can put the raw milk and kefir aside as I think cheese is fine.
Time to go hunting for that.
Thanks for the advice. :-)

Offline healthyeater88

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 12:29:32 pm »

Thank you for the link, I have found some raw milk producers near my area.
However wouldn't it still be illegal to buy the milk even if the site lists these locations?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 05:24:17 pm »
There's ways around laws. For instance the law does not stop farmers from consuming it. So in some cases you just buy a portion of the cow or a cowshare and voila you're a farmer. The money you pay for the milk is simply your share of the upkeep.
Cheers
Al

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 02:40:12 am »
You might consider that there's a Huge difference in milk quality and experience in milk from summer grass and milk from cows eating grass hay. 

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 06:27:55 pm »
Are you able to find pre-made cheese the way aajonus recommends, meaning unsalted? You could make your own also, it's not that difficult to make a simple cheese. If it's salted, you don't get the primal diet benefit of what it does for the body. Also, making your own, you can be sure it was never raised above 104 degrees (F). There may be producers near you who make unsalted true raw cheese. There are a bunch of primal dieters in the Montreal area. Perhaps a place to start would be looking through the raw paleo diet forum for the workshops that were posted in this section of the forum when aajonus was alive.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk