Author Topic: Bitter Melon Fruit Cures Insulin Resistance / Type 2 Diabetes  (Read 26474 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Bitter Melon Fruit Cures Insulin Resistance / Type 2 Diabetes
« on: October 09, 2010, 09:06:43 pm »
This one is for all you who are trapped in the VLC diet and wish to increase your carb consumption.
You may have become carb intolerant, but this can be corrected by getting nutrition that restores your ability to absorb carbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGD0st_g6EM

Eating some raw bitter melon every day will give you the nutrition you need to overcome insulin resistance aka diabetes type 2.  The nutrition in bitter melon allows your body to be able to repair itself so you now overcome insulin resistance.  You will be insulin sensitive.

If you do not have bitter melon fruit in your country, then you can juice raw greens daily to give you the same nutrition.

This is simple and easy diabetes type 2 CURE.  Raw Paleo Diet is a curing diet, with Raw Bitter Melon giving you the extra kick to cure diabetes type 2.  And you will be able to eat more paleo carbohydrates again.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Bitter Melon Fruit Cures Insulin Resistance / Type 2 Diabetes
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 09:42:07 pm »

One of the cool things about this forum is that you keep posting things about fruit I never heard of.  :)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 11:27:08 pm »
    Do you like the taste of bitter melon, gs?  I think it's awful.  Is it true that tamarind is good for diabetes too?  Do you have those also in your country?

If you do not have bitter melon fruit in your country, then you can juice raw greens daily to give you the same nutrition.

Celery lowers blood sugar and regulates blood pressure, right?  If you're not allergic to it.  Which veges do you recommend to juice?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Luming Zhou

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 07:47:45 pm »
Hey, I eat bitter melon every day.

I usually scrap out the inside seeds and bitter stuff, and eat the pod only. Will I receive the benefits of it while eating this way?

Thanks.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 07:59:44 pm »
    Thank you for the tip.  I will try it that way next time.

I usually scrap out the inside seeds and bitter stuff, and eat the pod only.

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile

Offline Luming Zhou

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 08:17:58 pm »
    Thank you for the tip.  I will try it that way next time.

That's not a tip. I was mentioning how most Chinese people prepare it, I think.

I was asking if I need to eat the bitter stuff and inside the melon including the pods.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 08:48:36 pm »
Besides Bitter Melon?  Try brussel sprouts. And the book www.deathtodiabetes.com for his veggy recommendations.  I personally don't bother with the alternatives because bitter melon is too common in our markets and the "alternatives" are all foreign to me.  Although cinnamon is also available here.

The tip is to eat everything of the bitter melon fruit.  The whole fruit including the seeds to get the full benefits.

I learned about bitter melon from my customer http://www.charantia.com since 2002.

They sell the tea form and are quite popular in the Philippines.

Bitter melon tastes great for a good % of people.  It's my maternal grandma's favorite vegetable but actually it is a fruit.  In food stalls you will encounter cooked bitter melon which and vegetable vendors always sell it so there is a sizable number of the population who actually eats this stuff.

For me, it is an acquired taste,  the more you munch on it the more you like it.

But for healing purposes, say you are already diabetic, just juice it and throw away the fiber so you get all the nutrition.

Back to my customer, this stuff really works and is well known among holistic doctors here in Manila.  So my customer had the idea of processing it in a way and making it into tea and it still is effective.  If you get the "loose leaf" tea version, you can rehydrate it and see that they are slices of the real fruit including the seeds.

We did a lot of website marketing for their USA branch a few years back.  We were quite successful that the US FDA took notice and RAIDED the US office and confiscated thousands of dollars of dried bitter melon stock.  Man, you USA people live in a communist country who does not care about the health of your people.  You cannot ban a FRUIT!  In favor of drugs!  Yet your FDA does so.

The USA branch has recovered under new management so you can buy the tea version if you don't like the taste of the real raw fruit or you cannot find it in your market http://www.charanteausa.com/

The manufacturer here in the Philippines says the most potent is the one closest to the raw fruit... and that is the loose leaf.  Then the tea bags.  Then the capsules.  They have to cater to your market since the USA market is used to taking capsules instead of food.  

The owner here says his problem is keeping people hooked on the tea.  Because quite a good % realize a few months later that they don't need the tea any more and can live without it.  AKA... CURED!

Shout cured to the heavens because Filipinos are a rice crazy bunch.  Too much carbs!

For those interested in the boring studies, go to http://www.charanteausa.com/bittermelonstudies/

Here is a Chinese looking guy who also cured his diabetes by juicing bitter melon.

It's the same old Pharma is B.S. story.  I most certainly hope and expect all raw paleo dieters are drug free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqQe26hNF1s

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:56:07 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 09:02:56 pm »
    Drugfree here.  We went to the movies last night.  I got a small coffee; because their water had all kinds of additives, while dh got large popcorn & large coke.  I didn't even take one sip of my coffee though.  It smelled like burnt garbage.  It was a nice theatre, I think cooked things just smell burnt to me.  Yup, can't stand even coffee-drug.  Coffee flowers though, that's nice and fragrant x

I was mentioning how most Chinese people prepare it, I think.

I just never thought of eating the outside with none of the inside.  I wasn't meaning that I thought that would cure diabetes, or that you thought it. Sorry for being unclear.  I don't like taking herbs anyway, especially not very bitter ones.

Offline Luming Zhou

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 10:03:51 pm »
Thanks, Good Samaritan. I'll try to eat the whole fruit next time!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 12:04:04 am »
Bitter melon is well recognize in Asia. Here I grew (in USA) the best quality of small bitter melon plant.

bugs or country chickens

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 01:49:27 am »
This is interesting. Does anyone know where bitter melons are commonly found in the US? I am willing to try anything to solve this problem.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 11:50:58 pm »
try any asian indian grocery store, perhaps chinese too.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 06:54:07 am »
The South Asian name is Karela.

Offline Jimmy61

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 04:43:17 am »
One of the cool things about this forum is that you keep posting things about fruit I never heard of.  :)
How much of the bitter melon fruit do we have to eat daily?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 06:16:08 am »
Try a quarter of the big raw bitter melon fruit every morning.

You of course should implement a raw paleo diet, even just rare if you are a newbie. High fat. 

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 06:36:05 am »
No markets in my area carry bitter melon fruit, AFAIK. I've never seen it in my life. The local handful of Asian markets carry few or no raw fruits. Lots of rice noodles and other packaged and canned goods, but few or no fruits.

Luckily, raw honey and blueberries are also believed to improve insulin sensitivity.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 04:45:25 pm »
We did a lot of website marketing for their USA branch a few years back.  We were quite successful that the US FDA took notice and RAIDED the US office and confiscated thousands of dollars of dried bitter melon stock.  Man, you USA people live in a communist country who does not care about the health of your people.  You cannot ban a FRUIT!  In favor of drugs!  Yet your FDA does so.

hahaha...  made me laugh out loud!   a communist country?  well, not yet... give us a little more time, we're working on it...  "capitalism" at it's finest here...  banning fruits?  heck, we shun, and ban medicinal herbs, too...  a person with arthritis can't consume marijuana for pain managment, but it's ok to give your feline "catnip" recreationally...      ???

and raw meats are taboo, too...

things here are screwy, for sure!     ;D

back on track, very interesting information here, thanks for posting this! 
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline ant

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 06:53:43 pm »
Nice information. thinking of adding this food to my diet since I rarely eat this thing and maybe it would help.

~btw pinoy ako brad  :) (d pa rpdieter - going paleo plng) , tips naman dyan heheh

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 08:31:28 am »
I found bitter melon (and even durian) at a local Thai market, yay! I ate it raw, like GS showed us. The seeds were rather bitter, but the rest was only mildly bitter. No big deal to eat it, so I can understand how GS was able to eat it so easily, whereas other Youtubers screw up their faces.  ;D I wonder if eating raw Paleo makes such foods taste less bitter? Does bitter melon taste super-bitter to anyone here besides RawZi? It's interesting that she mentioned celery, because the flavor is like a cross between celery and green grass, to me, currently. Looking forward to the taste improving over time, thanks to GS's tips.

Thanks for the video, GS.

I also found the best, freshest tamarind fruit at another market that I've yet found (of course, these fruits don't compare to the tree-ripened fruits in GS's country, but I'm not complaining). Quite a bit of luck lately.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:39:38 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 09:32:25 am »
I use a Zen "technique" to eat bitter melon - expect it to be bitter! There are two varieties sold in my area: warty Chinese bitter melon, and spiny Thai bitter melon. The Thai type is more bitter. I eat them sliced, raw. You can buy them stuffed and cooked in delicatessens around here. I'd say that they are edibly bitter. If someone wanted everything to taste like a burger, fries, and a shake, these gourds are probably not considered edible.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 10:12:10 am »
Yeah, the one I tried was the Thai variety, rather than the Chinese variety.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk