Author Topic: Ori Hofmekler  (Read 20126 times)

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Ori Hofmekler
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 01:39:29 am »
I just ate once a day, but no muscle meat that day, so probably ate 70% maintenance calories. I think a complete fast would be better. I felt like a fast but wanted to eat something to not lose weight. I have never eaten 100% fat for more than a day. Would like to try it though.
Power to you for managing to eat nothing but suet for a day!  If I put even slightly too much with my meat meals I'm literally gagging!   :o

As you suggested invisible - a fast on water alone (or, even better, a scientific fast on liquid consistency electrolyte water) would certainly prove far more beneficial I think as it provides the body with the opportunity to rest and repair.  If digestion is still being utilised then, technically of course, it's not a fast at all and would not facilitate all of the most important functions of a fast.
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 01:44:51 am »
Michael, I was talking about Ori Hofmekler, not AV. I think AV looks fine for his age. He's very vocal about the fact that he doesn't exercise. I think he looks great for a 60 year old guy who doesn't exercise.
And about grass fed eggs, chickens don't eat much grass in the wild. They eat bugs, light vegetation, and *gasp* seeds (grains).

Sorry, I obviously misread your post Kyle.  I haven't seen this Ori Hofmekler character.

I'm aware, of course, that chickens don't actually eat much in the way of grass.  It is the bugs I'm mainly interested in them consuming along with a few seeds and vegetation.  In my view, it's more about what birds that are not fed grain are NOT getting - a totally unnatural ratio of foods compared to their natural diet.  I think Tyler stated it perfectly.
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline Raw777

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2015, 10:10:38 pm »
I agree with TylerDurden on eating one time per day is better for the digestive system. I myself notice Im not that hungry during the day and very hungry in the evening. When I eat in the evening I sleep better aswell. Also digestion takes place at night, so Id be full all day if I would eat in the morning and that doesnt feel as good as having an empty digestive system during the day.

Ofcourse this is based on my personal experience and I dont support Ori Hoffmekler at all, but some of the things he says I can agree with due to my own experience.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk