Author Topic: *Seeking info RE: healing 11 yold daughter of thyroid liver problems-  (Read 4728 times)

Offline Alohi680

• Forager
    • View Profile
My daughter was born with insulin resistance and later developed non-alcoholic fatty liver disease which we 'cured' with only a low-carb and mostly Paleo diet. After a few years we both underwent enormous amounts of stress and trauma and I got cancer. After just three months of chemo and holistic treatments, I'm in remission and have adopted the Paleo diet that leans more towards high-fat and is primarily ketogenic as well. (Whole9life's version is the most simple, no BS format that I've found!) I've known about Aajonus for many years but never seriously looked into his diet and work until now. I agree that supplements are useless and that the 'true' vitamins and 'superfoods' are raw organ meats from grass-fed pastured or wild animals. What I am specifically wanting to know is if there are instructions and/or care/protocol for a child with these health issues. She, like most American children, is very much 'addicted' to sugar; specifically the sugar in breads and pasta. We are making the radical leap of relocating to Hawaii where I hope to start both my Wellness Coaching practice, lomi lomi massage and selling my artwork locally. Any and all resources, info, etc. is greatly appreciated - would love to hear from parents who have children that have the same problems as my daughter! Many thanks-
Amy

Offline Alohi680

• Forager
    • View Profile
*Seeking info RE: healing 11 yold daughter of thyroid liver problems-
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 06:55:37 am »
My daughter was born with insulin resistance and later developed non-alcoholic fatty liver disease which we 'cured' with only a low-carb and mostly Paleo diet. After a few years we both underwent enormous amounts of stress and trauma and I got cancer. After just three months of chemo and holistic treatments, I'm in remission and have adopted the Paleo diet that leans more towards high-fat and is primarily ketogenic as well. (Whole9life's version is the most simple, no BS format that I've found!) I've known about Aajonus for many years but never seriously looked into his diet and work until now. I agree that supplements are useless and that the 'true' vitamins and 'superfoods' are raw organ meats from grass-fed pastured or wild animals. What I am specifically wanting to know is if there are instructions and/or care/protocol for a child with these health issues. She, like most American children, is very much 'addicted' to sugar; specifically the sugar in breads and pasta. We are making the radical leap of relocating to Hawaii where I hope to start both my Wellness Coaching practice, lomi lomi massage and selling my artwork locally. Any and all resources, info, etc. is greatly appreciated - would love to hear from parents who have children that have the same problems as my daughter! Many thanks-
Amy

Offline Alohi680

• Forager
    • View Profile
*Seeking info RE: healing 11 yold daughter of thyroid liver problems-
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 07:01:34 am »
Amy

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: *Seeking info RE: healing 11 yold daughter of thyroid liver problems-
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 07:29:33 am »
I know what you are asking about in terms of wanting a protocol to follow, because Aajonus makes it sound like you need specific targeted healing protocols. I came to this forum immediately after reading his book.

I have found that a clean diet is 99.9% of the solution. If you start eating whole raw foods that are in season in your area and avoid neolithic foods like dairy, grains, and legumes, healing will begin immediately. If, after most of the healing is done, you want to find a specific protocol for a special purpose, you will find a clearer path to what should be done.

There is plenty of online discussion about how to get your junk-food child to eat better. If your child resists, read a bunch of that stuff and see which ideas you can incorporate into your style of parenting. We used a lot of those ideas with my granddaughter, for example, we got her to eat fish by cutting it up and calling it Dora nuggets (her favorite cartoon character plus the fast-food N word).
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 08:11:06 am »
Hi Amy, welcome,

Raw diet is a very good idea.

I have been reading about hypothyroid issues and sounds like maybe you qualify. If you can get a hold of it, read
"Hypothyroidism Type 2" by Mark Starr
http://oneradionetwork.com/health-challenges-diseases/dr-mark-starr-type-2-hypothyroidism-the-epidemic-iodine-thyroid-july-20th/

Basically get some http://www.iodinesource.com/DetoxifiedIodine.php detoxified iodine and or seaweed and or seafood.

Then see if you can get some thyroid from a butcher. May require a bit of sneakiness from what I am told as the medical mafia has made it unavailable shall we say....
Apparently AV mentioned a smoothie with a variety of organs.
Living in Hawaii is a good idea as it will provide airborne iodine and

"Solved The Riddle Of Disease" by Stephen Langer http://books.google.ca/books/about/Solved.html?id=v-8xz2eiAkMC&redir_esc=y

and the grandfather of them all Dr Broda Barnes http://www.brodabarnes.org/

Thyroid issues are typically passed down from the mother and can include a boatload of issues that magically go away with dessicated thyroid supplement, but the kind you get in the US has been messed with by the FDA to make it less potent and Drs are advised to prescribe Synthroid. Surprise suprise. Thars money in Synthroid.
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/

Thyroid basically sets the thermometer of the body, so what you do is to get a cheapo thermometer from ebay for a couple of bucks shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Digital-LCD-Medical-Thermometer-Mouth-Underarm-Baby-Chile-Body-Temperature-/390974062084?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b07debe04 and in the morning before she arises get her to put it under her tongue for five minutes or in her armpit for ten minutes to get her basal temp. Unlike the medical establishment Broda and the other authors found that oral and armpit temps are equal, but make sure you let the thermometer settle before pushing the "on" button as it will time for a minute and then disconnect the thermometer to give you a reading.

Anal temperature is about .8 degree F higher.

If she is an infant her temp is going to be higher (I think,  a degree) but for an adult the temp should be 97.8 or above. Less than that = hypothyroid which is often misdiagnosed with the standard of care thyroid tests.

Then as you try treatments you can see if they are working with this bulletproof test. No need to poke a needle into her, with the notorious test.

When you get the thyroid working properly, the body assumes normal temperatures and can thus fight infection better (a common problem with Hypothyroid), improve digestion (also common) which will show as properly formed and coloured stools as well as a raft of other improvements such as getting rid of cretinistic appearance due to mucin in the skin causing a puffy appearance, overweight, underweight, etc etc etc. The symptoms of Hypothyroid can mimic hyperthyroid so don't be fooled. Often PPL can be anxious, explosive tempered, which seems like hyper, but what it is is the adrenals kick in to try to heat up the body.

Broda Barnes said way back when, that the # of PPL who are hypothyroid will dramatically increase with time because since the introduction of antibiotics, the kids who would have died of HT in the past will pass that hurdle and instead be miserable with HT and then eventually die of heart attacks, because HT causes the blood vessels to fill with..... crap.... which leads to heart disease and death.

PPL who have had heart attacks and then treated with Desiccated thyroid (Armour brand) lived to a ripe old age.

Push comes to shove maybe raise a pig and then slaughter it and get the thyroid but be cautious with the amount given as it is potent.

BTW I am HT with some of the symptoms. One sister and Mom are also and are on ST. I am too stubborn and will be going the natural route which I am trying to chart now. I am an exercise freak who bikes frequently, so I have less of the issues.

Ayurveda/Yoga says to do postures like the cobra etc that stretch the neck and twist it to increase circulation. Also massage the neck every chance you get to increase circulation. I will be trying ozone at some point.

And last but not least "New German Medicine" says that emotional issues with feeling powerless are at the bottom of the problem...

BTW Edgar Cayce did lots of HT cases.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 08:16:55 am »
Another author is david Brownstein but I have not read his book yet
Cheers
Al

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 08:35:35 am »
Breads and pasta are made of wheat (generally...). Aside the bad sugar in them, modern wheat, nearly all, is basically genetically modified or bred to contain a protein that acts as an opiate, aside other bad stuff in there. Meaning the more wheat crap is eaten the more "craving" for it there will be, while harming the body in numerous ways.

If there's addiction to wheat crap, then might want to look into buckwheat (which is not a wheat, not even in the same family as wheat). About 6/10 of dry mass is carbohydrates, but it's the kind that is used slowly and calmly by the body, does not spike blood sugar at all. In fact is good regarding bloodsugar. Plus it contains some different kind of sugar that has many positive effects.
There's also buckwheat flour... if can't resist cakes, breads and such.
Best raw buckwheat if possible (not processed with excessive heat).

I'd suggest using magnesium salts (MgCl2 or MgSO4, or both), for extra magnesium kick. As a body in modern world, with foods deficient of it and negative influences that leech it further, will get into trouble. But if relocating to Hawaii then the "supplementation" might not be so relevant nor necessary, as swimming in sea water regularly can compensate (plus all kinds of minerals that sea water contains and body absorbs through skin).

And iodine. Shouldn't be a problem in Hawaii either? Fresh sea vegetables...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk