Author Topic: Acne from raw honey  (Read 5377 times)

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
Acne from raw honey
« on: January 14, 2015, 02:22:31 am »
Since going cooked paleo about a year ago, my acne completely cleared up. Not even a single pimple. I ate about 1 fruit a day. Lots of chicken/turkey/beef/seafoods cooked with leafy salads.

I've recently had chronic bowel elimination problems and started eating Really Raw Honey with my meats/nuts/fats as AV Claims it helps digestion and aids in passing of stool. Mainly of his recipes call for 1-2 tbsp at a time, and are consumed 2-3 times a day. So I've been consuming a lot of Raw honey lately.

Almost immediately after I introduced It into my diet I broke out in acne... Has anyone else had ance problems with raw honey? I'm hoping it's just the Really raw honey brand. I read they are suspect to feeding their bees syrup. Also wondering if it could be a detox brought on my raw honey? 

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Acne from raw honey
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 02:42:28 am »
If you're going to take AV as gospel, then you'll have to sort out which is working for You and which is not.   Personally I think AV had a craving for sugar, and used honey as a means to satisfy and thus came up with all sorts of combos that included honey, such as honey and butter,, very good tasting, but is horrible for me, as my experience has it that sugars bind to fats and create problems.   I have used really raw many times, and have had no bad experiences with the honey. 

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 02:54:11 am »
Before you write that you suspect Really Raw of feeding their bees syrup, you can ask them about their practices. I ask beekeepers about winter feeding and mite control.

I have tasted Really Raw Fermented Honey without any adverse effects, but honey is not part of my diet because I can see no reason to eat something that is so painfully (to me) sweet. I prefer sweetness amidst more complex flavors, as naturally occurs in many fruits and vegetables.

"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 04:06:47 am »
Before you write that you suspect Really Raw of feeding their bees syrup, you can ask them about their practices. I ask beekeepers about winter feeding and mite control.

I have tasted Really Raw Fermented Honey without any adverse effects, but honey is not part of my diet because I can see no reason to eat something that is so painfully (to me) sweet. I prefer sweetness amidst more complex flavors, as naturally occurs in many fruits and vegetables.

Someone on the PD Facebook page said they contacted them and they refused to sign a letter saying they did not feed their bees syrup. That's the only reason for my suspicion.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 04:09:59 am »
If you're going to take AV as gospel, then you'll have to sort out which is working for You and which is not.   Personally I think AV had a craving for sugar, and used honey as a means to satisfy and thus came up with all sorts of combos that included honey, such as honey and butter,, very good tasting, but is horrible for me, as my experience has it that sugars bind to fats and create problems.   I have used really raw many times, and have had no bad experiences with the honey.

Yes I understand. I'm trying to follow AVs approach to my chronic constipation. If it weren't for my elimination problem I would not be consuming raw honey this regularly, if at all. Do you have any sources showing honey binds to fat molecules? I can't find any.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 04:23:39 am »
read up on Rosedale's site.  Ron Rosedale.  He speaks of it.   I know there were some who didn't faire well with cassia pods, but the predominance of many that I were amongst did well with it, as did I.   The trick with it is to eat it on an empty stomach, don't drink a lot of water with it, and start out with 2-3 discs (sucking on them till the tarry like substance dissolves in your mouth.  Eat once a day, I liked morning time, but just before bed works for some too, but make sure there isn't food in your stomach then.  Increase one disc per day until you start noticing bowel movements.   Wait at least one half hour before eating food after taking the discs.  That way they can be very beneficial.  I Do believe they cleanse the body. 

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 04:42:00 am »
Someone on the PD Facebook page said ...

Well, that would be a good reason to ask your own questions and go to the source. "Someone... said" can be anything from pure truth to pure lies, with a whole lot of misinterpretation and miscommunication in between.

...they contacted them and they refused to sign a letter saying they did not feed their bees syrup. That's the only reason for my suspicion.

Deliberate beekeeping is what it is. If you take away the bees winter food (their honey), you have to give them something to eat. The impact on a hive may be determined by various practices and various climates, but beekeeping does not produce hunter-gatherer honey.

Also, I wonder why someone would want a company to sign a letter like that - I'm pretty fussy about food sources, but I never ask someone to put anything in writing. That's another reason to buy local and visit the farm.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 07:13:42 am »
Sounds like your acne comes from candida.

The candida may be a combination of intestinal injuries plus feeding it lots of honey and probably stored nuts with aflatoxins.

In your condition where you cannot poop and have acne, your blood is getting polluted and an exit strategy is found in acne to purify your blood.

So I suggest stop all nuts and stop all honey.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 08:02:35 am »
If you are trying to follow AV on chronic constipation, then you should make your own high meat and eat some every day.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk