Author Topic: How much water do you drink?  (Read 26196 times)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: How much water do you drink?
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2009, 04:20:44 am »
:Di usually buy whole young green coconut from ethnic stores (grown in florida) around $2 each. the hardest part is to chop them up to open. i came from coconut country where my grandma's home has a huge coconut garden. the difference is those coconut has thin shells and loaded with divine water where in US grown coconut has thick shells and less water in it. so definitely quality wise this is not good buy. i never purchase any coconut that in shaved shell or in a can . i just don't trust them. i used to make coconut water kefir  which is very delicious for my baby. some whole food in west cost sell them and they are extremely expensive.

about the watermelon, which is another extremely good anti aging fruit. i'm talking about home grown heirloom watermelon come with seeds. once in summertime, with watermelon fasting, it gives the body the sweet aroma ultimately and it just makes to feel so good entirely. i also prefer the cucumbers to consumes. 
bugs or country chickens

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2009, 04:34:53 am »
Homegrown heirloom watermelon may be an entirely different food to those to which I refer.  If it works for you raw - enjoy!   :)  The Dr Martins coconut water is the ONLY way of obtaining green coconut water here in the UK, sadly.  It is from fresh, organic green Philippine coconuts, I believe, has not been heated and has been 'preserved' by filtering out the bacteria with a special carbon filter. 

Your experiences show the dangers of relying on 'packaged' foods RawZi but, I suppose, such contamination may also be possible from fresh coconuts?

How I wish I had a coconut garden at the back of my house!   8)
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2009, 05:40:44 am »
    When I relied on coconut water as my sole drinking water source, it was all fresh, mostly coconuts I picked myself.  I never got sick from it.  Once they are opened, contamination can get in.  Opening them myself cuts out the middle man and who knows what else. right?  Also, the middle man (when my buddy got sick), I got the water from did not live near where coconuts grow.

raw- Are the Florida coconuts dipped?  If so, do you think the pesticides or formaldehyde could get into them if not careful?

Could Martins have chemicals to kill the bacteria? Has anyone information?  Like has anyone visited their manufacturing plant?

I have gotten packaged juices that were raw.  I think they had to be sold within three days.  They're illegal where I live.  They have to be fresh made or pasteurized somehow.  Good luck with all the irradiation and such they try to do to our fruit.  It's amazing they put radiation waste in food.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 06:38:27 am »
    When I relied on coconut water as my sole drinking water source, it was all fresh, mostly coconuts I picked myself.  I never got sick from it.  Once they are opened, contamination can get in.  Opening them myself cuts out the middle man and who knows what else. right?  Also, the middle man (when my buddy got sick), I got the water from did not live near where coconuts grow.

raw- Are the Florida coconuts dipped?  If so, do you think the pesticides or formaldehyde could get into them if not careful?

Could Martins have chemicals to kill the bacteria? Has anyone information?  Like has anyone visited their manufacturing plant?

I have gotten packaged juices that were raw.  I think they had to be sold within three days.  They're illegal where I live.  They have to be fresh made or pasteurized somehow.  Good luck with all the irradiation and such they try to do to our fruit.  It's amazing they put radiation waste in food.
rawzi/ you amazed me with your knowledge... wow!! i always enjoy to read your replies. rawzi, honestly, i don't know what they do with their coconuts, but certainly they are way poor quality than the coconut i consumed in my grandma's place. only thing is they are the whole green coconuts. so the out look don't scary like any coconuts i know out there. and i will not buy those coconuts from any other countries even they say it's organic. once my uncle asked me that if he can shipped young coconuts directly to me. but shipping costs is way more expensive than the coconuts and in my belief i should consume locally what's available for me. it's just waste of money to buy them.
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2009, 06:59:54 am »
once my uncle asked me that if he can shipped young coconuts directly to me. but shipping costs is way more expensive than the coconuts and in my belief i should consume locally what's available for me. it's just waste of money to buy them.

Coconuts are botanically a fruit. Many fruit and flowers legally are mandatorily dipped in chemicals or hot water, sprayed with chemicals etc before they can legally enter our country here in America.  Even animal carcasses that were not imported are scalded to get fur off, so if we eat skin it's not totally raw.  It's a smart move not to buy imported fruit for the above reason.  It's like the old tax trick.  Highly tax imported products, and people are forced to use local.  The only problem I see for myself, because I already chose local as that's natural what early man would do, is that they don't warn people, and that can be seen as crimnial negligence.  Of course it's not criminal negligence, as they write the laws pretty much, so that's the way it is.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk