Other Raw-Animal-Food Diets (eg:- Primal Diet/Raw Version of Weston-Price Diet etc.) > Primal Diet

Sunfoods Coconut oil

(1/2) > >>

A_Tribe_Called_Paleo:
I called sunfoods and they claim it's never heated above 90 degrees F.

It's not on Aajonus's lists, but has anyone else checked them out. I asked for email with signature confirming claims.

I found this article as well. Disturbing if true.

http://rawchefdan.typepad.com/rawchefdan/2010/02/do-you-buy-from-sunfoodcom-better-think-twice.html

van:
I have completely changed my opinion about ingesting coconut oil.  I was all excited about how good wilderness family's was, and then I started to notice my extremities being colder than normal, and my stomach hurting at odd times and an overall decline in well being.   I stopped cold turkey and things are back to normal.     So, appreciation to those here, including Iguana who warned about eating processed foods.    What also convinced me was at the end of my trials, I tried eating it plain, just to see how much I would enjoy.  I couldn't get past the second teaspoon before my body was complaining of the taste.  Before I had always eaten it with something else, and couldn't tell the Stop my body was experiencing.     My advice now, go lightly on coconut oil, and as others have suggested, focus on animal fats. 

eveheart:
I use coconut oil as a massage oil - actually, it's the only thing I put on my skin. Not that I need anything on my skin, but I do self-massage daily because sometimes a woman wants a little pampering. I've eaten it in a pinch while traveling, but it's not really much fun as a food - really good coconut oil tastes and smells great at the first bite, but then it fades immediately.

A_Tribe_Called_Paleo:

--- Quote from: van on January 27, 2015, 08:38:03 am ---I have completely changed my opinion about ingesting coconut oil.  I was all excited about how good wilderness family's was, and then I started to notice my extremities being colder than normal, and my stomach hurting at odd times and an overall decline in well being.   I stopped cold turkey and things are back to normal.     So, appreciation to those here, including Iguana who warned about eating processed foods.    What also convinced me was at the end of my trials, I tried eating it plain, just to see how much I would enjoy.  I couldn't get past the second teaspoon before my body was complaining of the taste.  Before I had always eaten it with something else, and couldn't tell the Stop my body was experiencing.     My advice now, go lightly on coconut oil, and as others have suggested, focus on animal fats.

--- End quote ---

I read somewhere a while back it has something to due with the MCTs being an irritant to our gut. Ill have to find the article for you later.

political atheist:

--- Quote from: van on January 27, 2015, 08:38:03 am ---I have completely changed my opinion about ingesting coconut oil.  I was all excited about how good wilderness family's was, and then I started to notice my extremities being colder than normal, and my stomach hurting at odd times and an overall decline in well being.   I stopped cold turkey and things are back to normal.     So, appreciation to those here, including Iguana who warned about eating processed foods.    What also convinced me was at the end of my trials, I tried eating it plain, just to see how much I would enjoy.  I couldn't get past the second teaspoon before my body was complaining of the taste.  Before I had always eaten it with something else, and couldn't tell the Stop my body was experiencing.     My advice now, go lightly on coconut oil, and as others have suggested, focus on animal fats.

--- End quote ---

did u ever try home made fresh coconut cream or milk ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version