Author Topic: Baldness American indians  (Read 95394 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Baldness American indians
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2010, 09:41:47 am »
My hair is still thick which I'm happy about but started going grey very young. I've got salt and pepper hair and people keep telling me I'm getting greyer but I don't think it's got worse since starting RPD they're probably just stirring.
yeah, it seems some go gray quick, and some go bald quick, and all of the inbetween

my dad went bald young, his cousin went gray young,

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2010, 07:19:31 pm »
yeah, it seems some go gray quick, and some go bald quick, and all of the inbetween

my dad went bald young, his cousin went gray young,

There's grey young/bald young in my family, even immediate, too.  So far I'm lucky keeping young hair that way, as long as no SAD and enough good real food.  I think I'm the only one in my biological family who isn't gray or bald of everyone my age, older and up to maybe twenty years younger.  Some dye, so it might be hard to tell.

Definitely Native Americans can tend to have different hair patterns, even on the whole body, than say .. Europeans.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2010, 01:43:39 pm »
Does anyone if there is an evolutionary purpose for hair on top of our heads?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2010, 06:17:19 pm »
It's been suggested that it's to attract members of the opposite sex.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2010, 11:45:03 pm »
Maybe it's because we were aquatic apes(aquatic ape theory).
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2010, 06:21:48 am »
Anyone who's shaved their will tell you that hair keeps you warm and when I shave my head in summer I've got sun stroke after surfing.

Girls with long hair look more attractive. Only healthy people can grow their hair long so long hair is s sign of good genes/health.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2010, 06:57:30 pm »
Only healthy people can grow their hair long so long hair is s sign of good genes/health.

I'm not sure, as a time I was sick I had long hair, longest it's been.  The hair on my head was so long, I could sit on it. 

I read that in Bible times most people kept long hair.  If they got sick, then they cut it. 

How long hair grows may be due to genetic anomalies or race too.  http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/bearded-lady-vivian-wheeler-finds-her-son-after-33-years/19631453
Vivian Wheeler keeps her beard trimmed at 11 inches, though it has been longer in the past.  Maybe it's a hoax, I don't know, but I bet some of you can't grow your beard 11 inches, and she's not even healthy.  I think hair grows long sometimes, when the body doesn't use the protein and other nutrients and puts it into hair growth instead.  Maybe this is never the way it happened in paleo time.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2010, 09:52:12 am »

It keeps the head cool.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2010, 10:48:47 am »
It keeps the head cool.
And warm. I think oil in the hair is like a beaver hair. Keeps water from soaking in. In turn keeping your head dry and warm.
Different kinds of hair, for different purposes.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2010, 12:12:57 pm »
And warm. I think oil in the hair is like a beaver hair. Keeps water from soaking in. In turn keeping your head dry and warm.
Different kinds of hair, for different purposes.

Ya, I should have specified cool from the sun. Otherwise it would be warming.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2010, 08:10:53 pm »
I noticed my younger bro is going thin on top, he was fine when he was on a RPD diet. He's gone back to a a low carb cooked diet.

My hair is still thick and he's younger than me. He pushes himself way too hard and excels in everything, this might have something to do with it.

Albert Camus

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2010, 10:18:27 am »
If the whole upright apes evolved in the savannas and river valleys under direct sunlight is correct then it makes evolutonary logic for us to have hair on the top of the head to protect the part of the body most exposed to the intense rays of the sun. Long hair keeps me from getting a red neck. My father cant go out into the sun without SPF40 on his shiny bald crown. He has age spots from sun damage on top of his head, he would cook his brain out on the savana without a hat. So far I have a little thinning, but no signs of balding.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2012, 07:14:13 pm »
It's been 3 years now how are you guys/girls going with baldness?

I think I'm the same as three years ago. Hard to tell...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 10:30:18 pm by TylerDurden »

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2012, 10:31:31 pm »
The same. That is, like a number of RPDers, my hair thinned a bit a year or two after I went rawpalaeo, but that was all. It's stayed the same since.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2012, 11:56:25 pm »
It's getting close to 2 years doing high raw Paleo for me. I've lost some more hair, but the rate of hair loss is much less than it was before I went LC cooked Paleo years ago. The rate of hairloss seems to have remained pretty stable over the past four years or so, with slow continued hair loss. During the past couple years, Matt Stone documented with photos much more dramatic hairloss than I have experienced during the same time period. The irony of this is that he claims his diet advice prevents hairloss and attacks cooked and raw Paleo as promoting hairloss, whereas I have only reported my experience re: hair and other factors and haven't made any claims about it for others.

What has improved greatly in recent months while on raw Paleo is my dandruff and hair quality. I have found that raw fermented honey and artisinal mead dramatically reduce my dandruff and eyebrow/forehead skin flakes and if I stop consuming them, then the flakes return. Also, when I eat fermented honey foods, my hair feels a bit thicker, softer and less greasy so that it's more pleasant to run my fingers through it and it needs less washing. I'm hoping to be able to make home-made mead so I can make a raw version of it, which is apparently possible per multiple sources.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2012, 12:33:53 am »
To clarify things:

My hairloss was stopped on the spot with the stoppage of the use of all shampoos. (my barber taught me this)  I do not shampoo my hair.  I only shampoo with a natural 1 herb shampoo when I get a haircut.
Same experience as my friend http://www.myhealthblog.org/2009/03/17/poldo-baral-swears-it-was-commercial-shampoo-that-made-his-hair-fall-off/

The graying and the whitening of my hair was reversed by eating high vitamin C fruit (guava or papaya) + raw fat (coconut meat, eggs) every morning continuously.  Plus of course I do not shampoo, just water.

Are there any links I can read up on that (cutting off shampoo)?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2012, 06:29:25 am »
My hair line hasnt receded any since going raw paleo. Which is real good considering I have baldness on both sides of my family. My father went extremely bald by the time he was my age. The men on my mothers side who have more native american blood will get a receding hair line that doesn't thin out much past the upper forehead.

I have had a few small patches of hair torn out by toddlers, but so far no naturally occuring hair thining yet.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2012, 07:03:50 am »
Are there any links I can read up on that (cutting off shampoo)?

I quit using shampoo over 4 years ago. I clean my hair with water and use a little homemade vinegar or homemade oil mixture. I have curly, "ethnic" hair. I live in a city and work in a "professional" job where appearance counts, and my hair look and smells clean. I recall that, at first, there was about a month where my scalp had to normalize from the abuse of constantly being stripped of its oil. Since then, all has been well. There are good links if you google "shampoo free." Be aware that there are lots of commercial "no-'poo" formulas out there - they just use a substitute for sodium lauryl sulfate detergent. You CAN go 'poo-free without all that hype.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2012, 09:00:42 am »
I was looking at my natural shampoos a few weeks ago and thinking how I've started to be so self-sufficient in so many ways but I'm still buying this stuff so I'm very glad for this conversation.

Just googled and found this sight that suggests baking soda and then apple cider vinegar. When I start my bee-hive then I can replace the baking soda with honey she says.
http://simplemom.net/how-to-clean-your-hair-without-shampoo/

I'm going to start this right away.

Thanks!

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2012, 10:13:20 am »
Just googled and found this sight that suggests baking soda and then apple cider vinegar.

The basis of the 'poo-free concept is that hair doesn't get incredibly dirty - maybe a little sweaty, but water washes out the sweat. Oily hair often happens because of the scalp' rebound effect to being shampooed. Why do you need a heavy-duty cleaner like baking soda? That sounds too harsh to me. You want to get the dirt out without stripping the scalp oils.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2012, 10:49:39 am »
The basis of the 'poo-free concept is that hair doesn't get incredibly dirty - maybe a little sweaty, but water washes out the sweat. Oily hair often happens because of the scalp' rebound effect to being shampooed. Why do you need a heavy-duty cleaner like baking soda? That sounds too harsh to me. You want to get the dirt out without stripping the scalp oils.

What do you use and/or suggest Eve if anything?

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2012, 12:51:20 am »
I don't pay close attention but my hairline looks the same to me. I never really paid much attention but I think I developed a widows peak during my vegetarian and raw vegan experimental time, but that could have just been a coincidence.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2012, 03:45:38 am »
I been doing prob the same. I haven't noticed any dramatic hairless. But a lot of fruit/carbs makes my hair very oily in days. My skin too. My dad is completely bald on top, so I am def going to notice something prob by I'm 30. But we'll see if diet can stop or heal any hair issues. Also, about no shampoo, when lower carb I don't need to use shampoo. But when I eat too much carbs, my hair gets way too oily, so I need something to clean it if I eat too much carbs. Carbs in the right amounts is good for me, but as far as skin/acne/hair, lots a sweet fruit is my worst nightmare. But of course, its domesticated fruit. Im not saying wild sweet fruit would have the same affect though (seasonal too).

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2020, 03:59:16 am »
To clarify things:

My hairloss was stopped on the spot with the stoppage of the use of all shampoos. (my barber taught me this)  I do not shampoo my hair.  I only shampoo with a natural 1 herb shampoo when I get a haircut.
Same experience as my friend http://www.myhealthblog.org/2009/03/17/poldo-baral-swears-it-was-commercial-shampoo-that-made-his-hair-fall-off/

The graying and the whitening of my hair was reversed by eating high vitamin C fruit (guava or papaya) + raw fat (coconut meat, eggs) every morning continuously.  Plus of course I do not shampoo, just water.

Don't bell peppers contain MUCH MUCH more Vitamin C than papaya/guava?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline RawFoodist

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2020, 10:36:04 pm »
To clarify things:

Do you first eat the on empty stomach and then the eggs, raw fatty meat, or you can literally combine them in one meal? wont combining cause gas?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk