Author Topic: Baldness American indians  (Read 95379 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Baldness American indians
« on: March 19, 2009, 12:49:23 am »
I really enjoy looking at old photos of american indians/maori etc

I was checking out this site http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Pictures/old_photos_pg01.html and couldn't get over the fact that there were no bald ones and their hair was so thick.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Baldness American indians
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 01:22:00 am »
Perhaps, like Weston-Price, they simply chose the better-looking ones with luxurious hair etc. There must have been some bald people among them.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 08:02:16 am »
There really are no bald American Indians.
Travel story: I once spent part of a winter in San Cristobal de las Casas, SW Mexico. Almost all Mexicans are part Indian. There I met a fellow Canadian who always wore a cap, regardless of how warm the day.
He told me that he did it because the Mexicans would stare at him; never seen a bald man.

Lots of Indians in Canada, and I don't remember ever seeing a bald one here either.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 08:04:16 am »
I don't think they were all that good looking...more likely the more interesting looking ones were chosen and that would not of ruled out baldness.

Albert Camus

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 08:06:43 am »
Also all the people have amazing thick black hair and check out those cheek bones.

Albert Camus

Offline akaikumo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 12:57:47 pm »
I believe goodsamaritan says on his site that he reversed his hairloss and graying with... and I could be wrong, it's been a bit since I read it so he'll have to correct me on it... but with coconut oil and RAF.

I'd like to hear more about that.

Maybe there's some kind of link between a lack of good fats and the activation of some kind of genetic factor? There's clearly a genetic factor for it, but I wonder if there's a diet factor also.
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. - Anais Nin

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 02:21:49 pm »
There is a genetic proponent but diet would play a part. I really think VCO is given way too much credit. I doubt it cures baldness.

Although...people say baldness and greying are linked to candida so VCO could help with that but raw beef fat is a far superior killer of candida compared to VCO.

I have a head full of grey hair. I went grey really early (mid 20's) might be candida might be thyroid. I can't tell if it's stopped going grey not to worried just want to keep my thick locks no matter what the colour.

Albert Camus

William

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 10:09:13 pm »
Are there bald Chinese?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 10:10:25 pm »
I believe goodsamaritan says on his site that he reversed his hairloss and graying with... and I could be wrong, it's been a bit since I read it so he'll have to correct me on it... but with coconut oil and RAF.

I'd like to hear more about that.

Maybe there's some kind of link between a lack of good fats and the activation of some kind of genetic factor? There's clearly a genetic factor for it, but I wonder if there's a diet factor also.

To clarify things:

My hairloss was stopped on the spot with the stoppage of the use of all shampoos. (my barber taught me this)  I do not shampoo my hair.  I only shampoo with a natural 1 herb shampoo when I get a haircut.
Same experience as my friend http://www.myhealthblog.org/2009/03/17/poldo-baral-swears-it-was-commercial-shampoo-that-made-his-hair-fall-off/

The graying and the whitening of my hair was reversed by eating high vitamin C fruit (guava or papaya) + raw fat (coconut meat, eggs) every morning continuously.  Plus of course I do not shampoo, just water.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 10:11:52 pm »
Are there bald Chinese?

Yes there are.  I have some Chinese blood.  My maternal grandfather was 1/2 Chinese.  He was bald.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 12:52:20 am »
Given that Native Americans and Asians in general have a reduced chance of baldness, it seem safe to state that baldness is genetic.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 02:27:41 am »
Completely genetic? That's obviously not true if anyone ever on earth has reversed baldness. Everything is part genetic and part environmental, with no exceptions.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 07:00:43 pm »
Baldness is just another disease. Genetics determines whether you will be susceptible or not, diet determines whether you ultimately end up going bald, and how severe. The thing is that baldness is one of the less severe illnesses that shows itself in people who aren't particularly unhealthy. Baldness is actually very similar to acne in it's cause and treatements.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 08:33:44 pm »
I disagree. There are plenty of bald people out there who are very healthy, so I'm more inclined towards theories such as the one linking excess testosterone to baldness etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 08:53:39 pm »
Excess testoterone is healthy? I believe the word "excess" implies that the article in excess is at an unhealthy level, or else it would be "acceptable" "normal" or "healthy" level, not excessive. Excess thyroid hormones are unhealthy, yes? Excess blood glucose?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 09:24:22 pm »
Well, there are wide variations in hormone levels even in the case of healthy people.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 02:12:38 am »
I posit that a hormone variation to the point where your body cannot support the growth of it's own hair from it's follicles would fall under the category of "unhealthy."

I agree with the acne comment. Sure there are tons of athletes and otherwise healthy looking people with acne, but the bottom line is that there is something going on with their skin that is not right and that part of them isn't healthy. And the thing that is causing that problem may eventually cause another problem with a more serious system in their body.

Are you calling healthy simply "not sick?" That is not at all the definition I use these days.

JaX

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 03:43:24 am »
I really enjoy looking at old photos of american indians/maori etc

I was checking out this site http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Pictures/old_photos_pg01.html and couldn't get over the fact that there were no bald ones and their hair was so thick.

Do you know in what age group the old ones on page 1 are? Most of them are extremely wrinkly, can't even open their eyes because of it: http://www.firstpeople.us/photos/A_Blackfoot_woman.html

I understand if they are in their 90's... but my grandfather in his 80's and is not as wrinkly as the old American Indians in those pictures.

This guy is 94 and looks better than those American Indians IMO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_LaLanne

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 04:32:21 am »
Probably because Jack La Lane is a fitness expert?
Which of those American indians are fitness experts?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 04:40:36 am »
Do you know in what age group the old ones on page 1 are? Most of them are extremely wrinkly, can't even open their eyes because of it: http://www.firstpeople.us/photos/A_Blackfoot_woman.html

I understand if they are in their 90's... but my grandfather in his 80's and is not as wrinkly as the old American Indians in those pictures.

This guy is 94 and looks better than those American Indians IMO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_LaLanne
They look weathered to me. If you spend a lot of time outdoors you get that look. That man could of had a 6 pack and lived to 100 and still be working to the end unlike most old people now.
Jack LaLanne has good genes, his mum lived to her 90's aswell. Weve had discussions on here many times that looking healthy doesnt mean your healthy.

Albert Camus

JaX

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 05:15:29 am »
Probably because Jack La Lane is a fitness expert?
Which of those American indians are fitness experts?

Yes.. Maybe that stresses the importance of exercise for living a long healthy life
But American Indians were not sedentary either.

They look weathered to me. If you spend a lot of time outdoors you get that look. That man could of had a 6 pack and lived to 100 and still be working to the end unlike most old people now.

Interesting... Might depend on the weather also?

Jack LaLanne has good genes, his mum lived to her 90's aswell. Weve had discussions on here many times that looking healthy doesnt mean your healthy.

Where did I mention that they are unhealthy?

I just said they look extremely wrinkly compared to other old people I've seen.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 05:35:20 am »
I thought you were continueing on with the discussion that RawKyle and Geoff were having on acne/baldness and looking healthy.

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 07:24:51 am »
As regards baldness, there are so many variables. I mean, Europeans are more likely to experience baldness, yet they are not necessarily less healthy than asians, say. Native Americans, being Asians, do have a genetic advantage re warding off baldness, but this has nothing to do with health.

One other consideration:- it is generally viewed by anthropologists that  neoteny(having childlike features when adult) is a sign of increasing evolution. Since neoteny involves less body hair(body hair is a sign of maturity/adulthood) one could even argue that baldness is an evolutionary advantage re increased neoteny.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 07:30:28 am »
Interesting take on evolution, but I don't think that neoteny is always considered an improvement. In my genetics classes there are examples of things developing further (more mature versions) as improvements, as well as immature versions being improvements. Like all evolution, there is no absolute forward or backwards, just what fits in the current environment best.

And as for baldness being neoteny, I don't buy it, since most bald men have hairy bodies. As a baby I had a full head of hair and no body hair, the exact opposite!

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 09:49:26 am »
As regards baldness, there are so many variables. I mean, Europeans are more likely to experience baldness, yet they are not necessarily less healthy than asians, say. Native Americans, being Asians, do have a genetic advantage re warding off baldness, but this has nothing to do with health.

This is because hairloss is not a stand alone disease independent of the rest of the body. Hairloss is only a sympton (all diseases are merely symptons) of an underlying problem. People experience and are more susceptible to different symptons.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk