Author Topic: Dozens of drugs recalled; Not OK in UK but OK in USA  (Read 2978 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Dozens of drugs recalled; Not OK in UK but OK in USA
« on: February 11, 2015, 03:20:24 am »
Listen to this;

February 10 at 6pm EDT to Listen Tune in
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/blakeradio or listen 914-338-0695
Or cut and paste the URL into your browser

AGAIN ON

Sunday  February 15 on RBN  at 8:06 pm EDT
Listen with your browser: http://republicbroadcasting.org/shoutcast/shoutcast.html

Listen with VLC or winAmp: http://216.240.133.177:2005/listen.pls

Listen by phone: 619-550-0901
Call-in number: 800-313-9443

This is from Dr. Jennifer Daniels
Cheers
Al

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Dozens of drugs recalled; Not OK in UK but OK in USA
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 05:04:02 am »
I realize the broadcast must promote itself, but "you heard it first here" is a massive overstatement.

In general, there have been vast differences between treatments in the US and other countries. For example, 20 years ago, we were told that European countries successfully treated varicose veins with antioxidant food supplements whereas the US medical protocol was and is vein-stripping surgery.

But the good news for those in the US: we are an assimilative society, and curative treatments from all over the world are found and permitted here. If the AMA doesn't endorse a particular protocol, it's fairly easy to find some other protocol from the other countries in the world.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:05:44 am »
Eve,

The webcast title and content had nothing to do with what you spoke of. The problem was that a company in India was producing science for the drug companies and were found to be falsifying data. In this case EKG data.

I guess that in the USA it is an OK practice. Best if not caught though, because then the embarrassing headlines, but not to worry the FDA has your best interests in mind, especially of the companies were from guess where.
Cheers
Al

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 10:15:05 am »
... falsifying data. In this case EKG data.

I guess that in the USA it is an OK practice. Best if not caught though, because then the embarrassing headlines, but not to worry the FDA has your best interests in mind, especially of the companies were from guess where.

This does happen often, it seems. For example, we have a current hoopla over brand-name herbal supplements - Walmart, Target, GNC - because samples of these supplements were found to have absolutely none of the main ingredient. Does that make ALL of Walmart, Target, GNC, and all herbs suspect?

When viewed from what gets picked up on the news, all countries look like hell (except Canada - too cold!). However, a reasonably savvy person can live a long lifetime without being bombarded by most of the scandals, and once in a while we can expect to be duped by someone else's dishonesty. As far as cheating in the field of science, hasn't even Gregor Mendel (the pea geneticist) been accused of tweaking his results?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 01:07:54 pm »
Eve,

In some ways it is all moot because although I come from two generations of PPL in the Allopathic drug business, I don't touch any of their potions.

Re: Canada, I have left the very cold regions for a place which snow is but a memory. Don't miss it. Around here two inches and it's time for marshall law. ;)
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk