Author Topic: Can i eat frozen meat for a newbie?  (Read 4272 times)

Offline Taz

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Can i eat frozen meat for a newbie?
« on: February 11, 2015, 08:31:11 am »
I got ahold of some lamb meat from an organic farm. They were raised on grass and apples  ;D
Since i'm just starting this, i froze some of the fat around the liver and kidneys. I also froze most of the meat i got. I once tasted some raw store bought lamb, but had a hard time with the wool taste. So i figured i wouldn't be able to eat it all before it went bad. So now it's in my freezer waiting so i'm wonder if i can eat it raw? If yes, do i just let it defrost in room temperature in a bag?

Got two more questions.
I actually really enjoy the taste of ground beef. Only tried storebought tho(live in a city so it's hard to come by good meat).  The question is, is it any worse to eat grounded meat? I dont know why it tasted so much different than some raw roastbeef i tasted that had a pretty bad taste. The grounded beef had a kind of a sweet taste to it.

Third and last question. I ate a bunch of cooked  -[  pork a couple of days ago. Looks like this uncooked: My girlfriend doesn't like the fat on them so i ate hers too. (I'm not fat, rather underweight) I got really nauseous afterwards to the point i had to lay down in bed not to throw up. It is easy to say it was becouse it was cooked. But i'm looking for a more deeper answear to what made me sick.  -v
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:36:28 am by Taz »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Can i eat frozen meat for a newbie?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 08:42:58 am »
Yes, you can eat frozen meat raw.

Quality of meat is more important that whether or not it's ground or not.

pork is not a food worth eating regularly.  All the pigs in the US are heavily grain-fed.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 11:02:50 am »
As a newbie then I found eating warm raw meat easier.

I had to adjust to be able to eat cold meat later on.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 11:17:15 am »
I aim for fresh meat, but sometimes I resort to frozen meat from the processing plant. However, when I have extra meat to store for a while, I hang it in the open air in the refrigerator. There are threads on this forum about hanging meat.

This doesn't work for a cut like a steak, where the butcher has already cut the muscle into slices, because the meat dries out to quickly. But if you get a roast with the fat still on the edges, it'll last without spoilage and be safe to eat by hanging it in the air.

When the meat does dry out, it's still good but it can get rock hard. You can learn by trial and error how much dryness you like.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline areeba

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 03:37:32 pm »
thank you for your honest post, I really appreciate that.

-----------------------
areeba

Offline CravingRawMeat

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 10:37:34 pm »
google "weston price foundation pork" to find article "How Does Pork Prepared in Various Ways Affect the Blood"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk