Author Topic: Paleo Banoffee Cheesecake? Yeah, it takes nicer than it sounds.  (Read 3450 times)

Offline iBlairr

• Forager
    • View Profile
Paleo Banoffee Cheesecake? Yeah, it takes nicer than it sounds.
« on: February 11, 2015, 09:58:22 pm »
Hey!

In the next couple of days (probably Friday) We'll be uploading our new video recipe of this amazing cheesecake

What do you think? This something you'd want to try and make, or just munch?

Also we can't post links yet unfortunately but if you search youtube for Paleo Diet Advice, filter it to channels you'll find us, there's some other video recipes up there, we'd love your feedback and critique!

Subscribe if you don't want to miss the cheesecake upload :)

Is there any meal or recipe you'd like to see us make? Reply and let us know!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Paleo Banoffee Cheesecake? Yeah, it takes nicer than it sounds.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 10:07:32 pm »
Errr ??? :o :o  "Cheesecake"!  I presume this is made from pasteurised dairy? Better put this in hot topics forum. No, the Weston-Price diet forum, in case the dairy is at least raw.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 10:11:13 pm »
This forum, may I remind everyone, is for raw paleo diets. Complex recipes are not a good practice, healthwise, raw or not.

Offline iBlairr

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 11:06:59 pm »
Yes, cheesecake  ;D

But without the cheese of course, the cheesecake part itself only contains:

Cashews
Bananna
Ghee (I've always included it, very healthy fat in my opinion)
Lemon
Raw Honey

And by raw do you mean purely no cooking, heating, baking of any kind? If so i didn't realise. Why do you think complex recipes aren't good?

Also can i ask what you both think of Ghee? Would you use it at all?

I feel that eating something like this now and again, isn't too bad and helps with cravings. When i first started i was binging a lot on junk food because i missed these types of desserts too much.

Past that now but only because i make something paleo friendly every now and again.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 11:19:28 pm »
Ghee is pasteurized dairy, essentially. For some people, if it's grassfed, it might not be too problematic, but we generally don't recommend it too highly. Raw is better, and many people don't do well on dairy at all. Grassfed is a given, no exceptions.

Yes, we're pretty serious about the raw aspect. That doesn't mean we don't bend the rule in our personal lives for social reasons, but there's all degrees of bending rules, you know?

Mixing foods in complex recipes is a bad idea because it blocks your ability to sense the "taste change".  The taste change is your body's signal that you need to stop eating a particular food at a particular time.  When the food starts tasting bland or bad, switch foods or stop eating altogether for the moment.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 11:19:59 pm »
Some rawpaleodieters, particularly women, like to make complex recipes. That's fine as long as they are raw. Of course, a segment of our movement, the Instinctos, do frown on eating lots of different raw foods all at the same time.

Ghee is heated so is generally frowned upon, here. It is "less worse" than pasteurised butter, but still not ideal....

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline iBlairr

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 11:45:46 pm »
Thanks for clearing that up!  :)

Unfortunately i don't think this is the forum for me,

I agree with cooking, heating foods and recipes. Makes food interesting and more of an art form instead of being a chore. I like to have fun with it and not restrict myself too much.

Thanks for taking the time to chat though.

I wish you all well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk