Author Topic: Is there such a thing called Autoimmune Disease?  (Read 4588 times)

Offline vernon

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Is there such a thing called Autoimmune Disease?
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:23:30 am »
I havent done any survey but there are really some people who suffer from serious autoimmune diseases like SLE, Scleroderma, etc.

Im not sure whether they really improve their diet but some really not able to cure themselves and died eventually. Its quite scary.

I also suffer from some minor inflammation at this point in time, and hopefully it doesnt become anything systemic.

What do you guys think?

Offline primaD

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Is there such a thing called Autoimmune Disease?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 03:02:07 pm »
I'd say get to a point where you've been on the RAF diet 100% for an extended period of time (2-3 months) and then get some tests done to see where you're at.  I think diet should be corrected before anything else is done period.  Oh yeah and don't forget to exercise regularly also.  After that I think it's a matter of consuming the right foods for whatever illness you have.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 06:27:08 pm »
I've read of some RAFers  recovering from auto-immune diseases such as mutliple sclerosis and even supposedly genetic diseases such as grave's disease.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline vernon

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 10:31:26 am »
PrimaD, after you tried the raw paleo diet for 2-3 mths, did your health improve?

Offline primaD

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 06:30:22 pm »
PrimaD, after you tried the raw paleo diet for 2-3 mths, did your health improve?
No, I was quoting a RAF doctor that I read about last year.  I read that he would get all his patients eating RAF for an extended period before he even saw them for diagnosis, treatment, whatever.  Personally I keep bouncing between RAF and cooked.  My latest attempt just ended a couple of minutes ago.  (5 days - which is my longest attempt to date :) )  I guess I'm not strong enough yet.  I believe in this way of eating and I keep trying so I think that's the most important thing.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 11:08:10 pm »
I do not believe a word about the concept "auto-immune disease".

It is as if the human body does not know what it is supposed to do given the current awful situation.  The human body is always trying to make do the best it can.  The silly docs who cry "auto immune disease" underscore their ignorance.  What they really mean is "I don't know and I don't understand what's wrong with you."

The moment a doctor says you have an "auto-immune disease"... run... run... as far away from the quack before he does something really awful to you.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Satya

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 06:15:31 am »
Personally I keep bouncing between RAF and cooked.  My latest attempt just ended a couple of minutes ago.  (5 days - which is my longest attempt to date :) )  I guess I'm not strong enough yet.  I believe in this way of eating and I keep trying so I think that's the most important thing.

See, this is why I don't think an all or nothing approach to RAF is always helpful.  But to be clear, RAF usually means raw animal foods, whereas RVAF is raw veg and animal food, which I think is more like what you follow.  I eat a majority raw diet.  But I don't fret too much about cooked bone broths or lightly cooked meats on occasion.  And truly, I do believe that if the raw foods message is ever to be spread mainstream, it should be in a "some is good, more is better" manner.  Not too many people will ever completely give up cooked foods.  But so many people could benefit from increased raw eating.  Don't you think?

In any case, please don't stay away because you are eating cooked foods.  A moderate approach to raw is certainly better than nothing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk