Author Topic: Canibalism references  (Read 11101 times)

Offline albertoceraw

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Canibalism references
« on: March 19, 2015, 04:41:38 am »

When people find out that I eat raw meat, at least 70 % of the times someone makes a canibal joke or reference. Maybe even a greater percentage thinks about it, but doesn't say anything.

Such ignorance upsets me a bit and I usually reply to things like "hope you're not eating humans" with "hope you're not eating cooked humans".

I find this strange in many ways, I mean, even most cultural rereferences to cannibalism show them eating cooked meat. So it's not through the raw meat eating that they make the relation. It's probably just that they equate savagery with raw meat eating. Yet I still think theres more to it than just that, but I haven't fathomed it yet.

Have you guys similar experiences?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Canibalism references
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 04:52:30 am »
You're quite right, they equate raw meat eating with savagery, yet, ironically, serial killers generally cook their meats before eating. Indeed, kuru, the prion disease which affects cannibals , comes from indigenous aboriginal  types eating cooked human meat, not raw meat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 09:17:36 pm »
I heard that cannibal crap from other people too.
You can explain.
Or just ignore them.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline albertoceraw

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 01:40:21 am »
I heard that cannibal crap from other people too.
You can explain.
Or just ignore them.

I always try to explain that the reason I eat human meat is not becouse I'm a raw foodist, but because of the parasites tell me to.

http://news.discovery.com/animals/parasites-may-fuel-cannibalism-in-many-animals-150317.htm?utm_source=tumblr.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=DNewsSocial

Somehow it makes it worse =/.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 02:52:33 am »
Hahaha alberto. :)

Offline Raw Matt18

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 04:53:44 am »
Lol we all have, I'm just confused with how it gets connected  . its really just perception people look at us weird for what we eat but we can feel the same about the way I eat, I of course never judge no matter the diet, I however find these people very close minded and shallow and unfortunately there going to suffer bad health because of it.
Ignorance is whats destroying our planet, our health, and our lives.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:57:50 pm »
Paleolithic humans would likely have been raw cannibals. The reason for that is their socioeconomic environment. I'll make a longer post about this in the future, but basically I believe everything you hear about how brutal and cruel the savages were is true. Perfect physical health, but from our modern perspective, not very nice people at all. From their perspective, it's us who would be deranged.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 09:42:12 pm »
Paleolithic humans would likely have been raw cannibals. The reason for that is their socioeconomic environment. I'll make a longer post about this in the future, but basically I believe everything you hear about how brutal and cruel the savages were is true. Perfect physical health, but from our modern perspective, not very nice people at all. From their perspective, it's us who would be deranged.
Socioeconomic environment? Yes please elaborate, because IMO it seems that their supposed barbaric behavior was attributed to them simply because of the fact that they were less "civilized" than us, therefore, in the expert's mind: more brutal, violent, anarchic, etc... which could very well be wrong.

Granted, they had to be meaner to potential rivals and predators in order to survive, but it doesn't necessarily add up to them eating each other.

Their has been uncovered scenes of cannibalism from the late paleolithic era I believe, but they are quite exceptional and usually portray a cultural practice, more than anything else...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 09:57:50 pm »
Actually, evidence for cannibalism in the palaeolithic era is widespread. Some cannibalism can be attributed to eating the dead of the  relevant tribe, but other examples are likely due to intertribal warfare which was frequent but intermittent. We see this also  in the case of more modern hunter-gatherers who believed  customs such as that eating the heart of an enemy would give one the enemy's courage etc.

Infanticide was also heavily practised in palaeolithic times. No doubt because constant migration and the threat of famine would sometimes mean that the parents had to kill  and eat their  own offspring  in order  for the two of them  to survive.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 10:17:04 pm »
Actually, evidence for cannibalism in the palaeolithic era is widespread. Some cannibalism can be attributed to eating the dead of the  relevant tribe, but other examples are likely due to intertribal warfare which was frequent but intermittent. We see this also  in the case of more modern hunter-gatherers who believed  customs such as that eating the heart of an enemy would give one the enemy's courage etc.
Probably more widespread in the upper-paleolithic era.
What I see is that it is a cultural practice, more than a natural/ instinctual one, in the cases where food is abundant enough as to not have to rely on human meat to survive.

Infanticide was also heavily practised in palaeolithic times. No doubt because constant migration and the threat of famine would sometimes mean that the parents had to kill  and eat their  own offspring  in order  for the two of them  to survive.
Yes, perhaps. I mean, other species such as dogs and cat sometime eat their offspring that are the least likely to survive...
Maybe there's less chances of kuru diseases when eating people from the same bloodline.

BTW my dog just gave birth to six healthy puppies last night :) we actually talked with the vet about not separating the puppies from their mother too much, or she might end up eating them...
It's even more extreme with cats where only a stroke from a stranger might disrupt the kitten's natural distinctive odor, and lead the mother to reject it, or eat it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:48:48 am by JeuneKoq »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 10:55:36 pm »
Cannibalism was widespread even in the Lower Palaeolithic era:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic#Diet_and_nutrition

No idea how instinctive cannibalism is among primates.

" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 11:12:16 pm »
Thanks for this extremely interesting text in your quote of Wkipedia. Did you read it carefully??

Anthropologists such as Tim White suggest that cannibalism was common in human societies prior to the beginning of the Upper Paleolithic, based on the large amount of “butchered human" bones found in Neanderthal and other Lower/Middle Paleolithic sites.[125] Cannibalism in the Lower and Middle Paleolithic may have occurred because of food shortages.[126] However, it may have been for religious reasons, and would coincide with the development of religious practices thought to have occurred during the Upper Paleolithic.[84][127] Nonetheless, it remains possible that Paleolithic societies never practiced cannibalism, and that the damage to recovered human bones was either the result of ritual post-mortem bone cleaning or predation by carnivores such as saber tooth cats, lions and hyenas.[84]

Besides, this text doesn't support at all the "zero carb" ideology!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:19:37 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 12:27:58 am »
Yes, I know there are claims that animals ate the human flesh. But it makes no real sense. Why would paleo-era hominids such as Neanderthals have left out human bones to be eaten by wild animals, only to then bury them afterwards  in burial pits?  Also surely modern methods can determine whether stone tools were used to dismember bones, as opposed to the jaws and claws of wild animals? The argument re burial being the sole cause  falls flat if the relevant bones have been deliberately damaged through force.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 07:54:18 am »
I tell people in Ernest, that Conventionally raised man flesh is forbidden on the paleo diet, 

though if there ever was a zombie apocalypse I would already be prepared. Emmm Brains!
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 05:33:56 am »
Wasn't it more commonly the liver?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 07:35:15 pm »
Wasn't it more commonly the liver?
I don't remember. I do recall that either the ancient greeks or the ancient romans once thought that the liver was the seat of intelligence and consciousness in the body.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 09:54:24 pm »
Yup, and the main seat of the soul. I read somewhere that the Greeks later switched to the esophagus and then the heart. Some old cultures still use sayings that reference the liver as the seat of the soul, emotions, love, etc.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline albertoceraw

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 08:23:32 am »
I remember reading that some cannibals said that they did not understand why white men said it was uncivilized to eat humans, because acording to them they were superior for eating the most sofisticated animals instead of the lesser domesticated animals white men ate.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 11:17:15 am »
My main reason for eating domesticated animals and not humans is because humans reach their mature size so slowly, and the frisky young ones are unbearably noisy and need a lot of pasture with sturdy playground structures and ball fields.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 04:58:48 pm »
lol Eveheart  :D

I heard you could now get certified grass-fed humans in some US states such as Colorado or Washington, might be nice to check it out.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:23:43 pm by JeuneKoq »

Offline albertoceraw

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 12:12:56 am »
Canibals become vegan after "curse" falls upon their tribe.

http://www.hewdge.com/2009/12/1780/

Two fat men

Two big fires

Too much time To tenderize

Missionary man

Go home to your gods

Chicken is better

Pass the salt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk