Author Topic: An American Paleo in Europe  (Read 9143 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
An American Paleo in Europe
« on: April 09, 2015, 01:03:36 pm »
The Girlfriend and I are planning a two week excursion trip to Europe toward the end of the summer. We will be traveling by train through the Netherlands. We are couchsurfing and using Air B&B. So far we are leaving our plans wide open and would like to have some feedback from the forum on where the best places for a couple of far out American foodies to visit.

If possible I would also like to meat up with some Euro Paleos who could help arrange finding me an animal to slaughter, early in the trip so I would have all the nourishment necessary to undertake the journey proper.

Perhaps if there is any interest a few of us could find a place suited to host a gathering?

Please feel free to either message me.... or use this board to help brainstorm ideas that would make my first time to Europe an Epic experience.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: An American Paleo in Europe
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 01:26:04 am »
I live in the south of France, in Nice, very close to  the see, and I would love you to come around to visit me, you could sleep here as well and I would try to find an animal for you. We have great seafood here and of corse, delicious raw diary. O0

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 10:16:11 pm »
Little Elephant
We are actually going to be in Paris in November for an Air B&B conference.  We will spend two days in Paris then we are going to take to the trains and travel. I will be looking for a Food Animal to feed upon for the duration of the trip, so it would be wonderful if a healthy and fat pasture raised sheep could be found in France. I have heard some places in Europe discourage the public from butchering their own meat animals, so I would appreciate any help in finding a farmer who would let me slaughter discretely on their property....and since I probably couldn't eat the entire animal by myself in the two weeks I will be there, I would be happy to visit with and share with any Paleo Friends along the way.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:20:25 am by sabertooth »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 03:06:32 pm »
Update

Flying into London Nov 2nd. The plan so far is..... We are going to spend a few days together, then splitting up for a few days so she could visit some friends in Wales and I could meet up with some Paleos. Somewhere around the 6th to the 9th, I will meet her back in Paris by the 10th for an Air B&B conference. If anyone would be interested in having a meat up, where I could butcher an animal and share a feast, please let me know?

Also, I am nearing completion of our rental cottage, so in the near future if any Paleo would like to visit kentucky, I would be able to host a North American Paleo Pow wow.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 11:37:32 pm »
I will do everything to come to France to meet you! Where is Francois? Maybe we could meet at his place? :) Oh no.. I forgot he does not live in France anymore.. too bad

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 07:49:23 am »
Horray Inger! I was just coming to check this topic to see if anyone had extended any hospitality towards Derek and his lady.  I hope you guys get the chance to enjoy each others company, let us know, it would be interested to hear how it goes. 

I have successfully lured RogueFarmer to my side of the country and am picking him up tonight.  The raw paleo convergence begins!:)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:11:58 am by jessica »

Offline lindastacy3

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 03:00:15 pm »
I live in the south of France, in Nice, very close to  the see, and I would love you to come around to visit me, you could sleep here as well and I would try to find an animal for you. We have great seafood here and of corse, delicious raw diary. O0

I would love to visit you but unfortunately i have not planned a tour to France this year. Hopefully next year i will visit your place.

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 11:30:57 pm »
Linda, it would be lovely if you could come to visit me, come whenever you want :)

Sabertooth is going to be here in Nice at around the 11 of November; Inger is coming a as well, I hope Iguana comes from portugal ;) and perhaps of corse whoever wants to come would be very much wellcomed. We will be in Nice, 3 min from the beach; we have enough room to sleep and be comfortable for at least 10 - 15 adults and kids, all kinds of paleo food is available,all kinds of raw meet, organ meat, fresh sea food, eggs from the farmers,  even raw dairy in every form, coconut etc, the place is very calm and enjoyable and I m shure we will have a lot of fun -d -d -d

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 01:06:32 am »
I have booked the flight and I am so seeing forward to meet you, Sabertooth and Little Elefant!!! It is going to be so much fun :) :) :)
Is anybody else coming too? :)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 07:29:06 am »
Raw paleo in Nice sounds like a dream vacation! Have fun, and post photos  :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 03:20:24 pm »
If SB or anybody else wants to go on holiday in future, have a look at the various websites mentioned in the article below:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3284334/Forget-saving-holiday-travellers-crowdfunding-Ibiza-girls-trips-quick-family-getaways.html

I must admit the internet is getting a little crazier every day.Hmm, perhaps I can persuade people to fund a 3 year round the world trip like my brother had. Of course, I will have to add some , er, "meaning"/"life-purpose" to the trip here and there such as helping move endangered rhinos away from poachers or whatever inbetween trips to Ibiza/Las Vegas/Monaco to get stoned etc.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 03:39:35 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk