Author Topic: ASKING FOR WHAT YOU WANT  (Read 1822 times)

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
ASKING FOR WHAT YOU WANT
« on: May 28, 2015, 04:42:05 pm »
ASKING FOR WHAT YOU WANT.

You should always ask directly for food prepared the way you want it – nothing to be ashamed of – no “possibly this” or “perhaps that”.   I have often asked for raw food on health grounds – my health for personal choice and benefits -  restaurant health because I may not go there again.   Be firm, polite and decisive.   When staying at an Hotel I always send a disclaimer letter in advance of my visit, and carry one with me whenever seeking raw food.   It simply states that I accept full responsibility for choice of food I consume and will not seek any form of compensation or redress for any ill effects that may result.   My “standard form letter” can be shown here, if wanted.   You should be prepared to be ushered to a secluded area for your meal, away from other diners, though you may be welcome among friends, if present.   When sent away on a training course I was able to make my diet known in advance, and even attended a wedding reception for a friend with meal of raw plaice, if I remember correctly.   Never feel inferior to other diners, you are there to enjoy your meal every bit as much as they enjoy theirs.    Of course if you go to a Sushi Bar or some new, enlightened restaurants serving African and Oriental food you will have no problems, as these are traditional dishes of the countries concerned.   Be prepared for some disappointments, particularly with organ meats, and this situation may improve in time with new premises seeking to provide raw food for more demanding and discerning customers.   It is a market yet to be explored, but be patient if you are waiting for a restaurant serving raw pig intestines or bull’s penis - let me know if you find one!

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: ASKING FOR WHAT YOU WANT
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 12:56:38 am »
Interesting.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk