Author Topic: Eggshell question  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Sorentus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Eggshell question
« on: July 08, 2014, 10:24:03 am »
Today I started using eggshell powder as a calcium supplement but something makes no sense, everywhere I read says that half of egg will yield 400-500mg of calcium and egal 1/2 teaspoon, well I used 12 eggshell and it yield me around 80gram and of course I tried to weight half of a teaspoon and I come up with 1.5g. Logically it makes no sense for half a teaspoon to egal 400mg since half a teaspoon of refined sugar is 2g, so I doubt calcium weight 5 times less then white sugar. What should I do? 400mg of calcium is about 1/7 of a teaspoon for me, why the hell do I get that measurement? Any clue? I can't find proper information anywhere.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Eggshell question
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 03:32:55 am »
Today I started using eggshell powder as a calcium supplement but something makes no sense, everywhere I read says that half of egg will yield 400-500mg of calcium and egal 1/2 teaspoon, well I used 12 eggshell and it yield me around 80gram and of course I tried to weight half of a teaspoon and I come up with 1.5g. Logically it makes no sense for half a teaspoon to egal 400mg since half a teaspoon of refined sugar is 2g, so I doubt calcium weight 5 times less then white sugar. What should I do? 400mg of calcium is about 1/7 of a teaspoon for me, why the hell do I get that measurement? Any clue? I can't find proper information anywhere.

did you notice any improvements after eating eggshells?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Eggshell question
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 05:08:40 am »

Eggshell isn't pure calcium. The rest of the weight is other elements, mainly carbon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk