Author Topic: Marketplace  (Read 5385 times)

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Marketplace
« on: June 03, 2015, 05:51:19 am »
I realize the forum members are distributed all over the world, and most of the products and services that will be of interest to the forum population at large cannot be transported over long distances, but some can, and besides, people like to travel, and it's nice to know where you can find things of interest.

Since many of the things we share an interest for are hard to find, from foods to training/coaching/treatment to work opportunities and employees in similar minded environments, to all sorts of things I can't possibly imagine (but you can), I think it could be a benefit to have a marketplace section. It may help draw more visits here, from other people who are not necessarily into the same types of lifestyles as we are, but may be interested in the high quality products and services that the fine members of this board may have to offer.

And as a plus, the forum mods/owners can make their marketplace threads a sticky so they show at the top of the list :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:56:55 am by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Marketplace
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 04:57:11 am »
agree! it would be really good to know lists and so of products and things that can be get internationaly, in any place. and that forum members can give their thumbs up on it.

for example on a subject lik coconut oil, honeys, ACV, etc.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 05:17:23 am »
I once suggested something exactly like this but it failed because not enough people put a tiny bit of their time in to give advice. The key problem with this is that we cannot really provide genuine sources of high-quality foods for various reasons:- first of all, we, as individuals, often only know one or two key providers of certain , very specific high-quality raw foods so that if we gave out details thereof to all and sundry in our own country, then we would soon end up with not being able to get enough of what we want. I experienced this, when I was in the UK to a certain extent, where I found that providing details, online, of specific farmers at various local farmers' markets meant that I often did not  get what I wanted re supplies. Secondly, the contact-details of specific farms may vary considerably from month to month. For example, in London,  I once used to have a wonderfully rich source of raw bone-marrow from cut-up bones delivered from a farm in North England. This was very lucrative until the farm decided it was more profitable to only deliver to local areas around the farm. So, RVAF diet sources often change from season to season, so constant updating would be needed for specific information re sources.
I would suggest, instead of providing specific details re sources, that we simply talk about large regions or specific countries, and write about what is easily accessible and what is not, what is expensive and what is cheap etc.. I would be happy to write about the UK and Austria, for my own part.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 05:53:31 am »
Tyler, the solution to your problem is to get deals with local farmers so they pay you to recommend their products and for putting customers in contact with them.

Also, most of the time it's not having enough customers that makes a productive operation unsuccessful. And if the producer closes down, you can never get your products anyway. I would raise my own high quality meats, but what am I going to do with the rest of the animal once it's slaughtered? I can only eat so much before it goes high. And if I try to sell it, who is going to pay me what it's really worth? If I don't have that security, I won't invest in land, animals, time, and all the necessary equipment for this productive operation.

If suddenly demand for my products soar, I could simply expand my productive operation. So that getting more customers may mean I'm out of stock for a while, but eventually I can expand production enough to meet that demand. And if I had someone who was getting me customers I wouldn't just pay them for their contributions to my business, but I would take their orders and reserve products for them first, before I sell to anybody else.

You need to get out of the mindset that asking for money for your productive contributions is a bad thing. True capitalism is the most efficient, peaceful and productive system there is for the civilized world. You can't make everybody else in your country embrace it, but you can embrace it in your own personal life. And you will only see benefits from doing that.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 06:01:52 am by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 06:00:18 am »
There are a number of RVAFers in the UK,  but  virtually none in Austria, so I can hardly do as you suggest.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 06:03:44 am »
It's more of a mindset, anyway. You said it was a problem to recommend sellers because the one who recommends anything may run out of products to buy. I told you how that problem can be turned into a benefit. And that's why the subforum would be a marketplace, and not a recommendations subforum.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 07:33:38 am »
For me, my "marketplace" keeps shifting. I can give advice about how to conduct ongoing searches for high-quality food sources, but I can hardly expect this year's great source to be around next year. I have no sources that I would want documented for all time.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk