Author Topic: Keeping up.  (Read 18644 times)

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Keeping up.
« on: June 07, 2015, 01:59:43 pm »
After a phase of eating mostly cooked foods and chasing around various endeavors which I thought of as necessary conformity, my spirit took a dive. I realize that I was riding on the benefits of an austere RAF phase of at least 18 months through 2010-2011, alongside the fervent exploration of things that genuinely interest me. For the past month I've eaten raw meals multiple times daily and have been feeling stronger, alert but not irritable, and with a pleasant disposition. Life is looking up and I'd be doing the world no favors by failing to credit this way of eating.

It's been years since I've browsed these pages. There came a point when being 100% raw and regularly engaged in self exposition brought me into a differently unhealthy phase of life than the one I came out of. Of course that's not the diet's fault, I was young and would tend to move into phases with great intensity. I'm working to rekindle this energy in a more stable way, without alienating myself or the uninitiated, for that fire attracts energy that can be used for good.

Update about current situation, eating habits:
I eat plenty of raw eggs, raw red meat and chicken meals, raw dairy, and raw honey; alongside plenty of cooked food as well. I'm not as overwhelmingly concerned about avoiding toxicity. So long as my situation continues to improve I'm very comfortable indulging in whatever is served to me, though I do avoid the obvious sabotage of fake food.

It should be mentioned that I weigh between 180-190lbs(81-86 kg), whereas I weighed around 160lbs(72 kg) back in 2010-2011. I've taken to the idea of gaining weight for stability and well-being, and the difference is amazing. I have been very hyperactive throughout my younger years, taking prescribed methylphenidate(ritalin) for 7 years(8yo-15yo), but now I see that eating plentiful good food alongside a strong meditation practice and sufficient breathing is the true remedy.

I start this thread with my current experiment: Moldy Raspberry Juice.
The thought of AV's recommendations came to me while looking at some berries at the market. I let the berries sit in a cupboard for more than a week to accumulate a good starting culture. Then mashed them into a squished state, not totally mashed but enough to sit in their own juice, then into the fridge for 10-12 weeks.

This was consumed on Thursday May 28th, 2015. The effects should show up mid-to-late June(3-4 weeks post-consumption). Here's a photo of the juice, it was like a wine but more lively. I enjoyed, as it was very easy to drink. We'll see how the effects play out. So far I have been going for naps, I'm a bit more tired, but I wouldn't describe myself as lethargic. Today my lower spine started aching, not terribly, but in an appreciated must-be-letting-go-of-something sort of way.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping up.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 02:19:03 am »
At this point I'm feeling the effects of the moldy raspberry juice. I can function throughout the day just fine, but there is a clear and present feeling of heaviness. When standing still, I can feel my weight melting into the ground through my feet. I've been taking naps when possible and waking up anywhere between 6am and 8am instead of my usual 4am rising. There's definitely something going on inside.

Also: I've been eating more chicken lately. Fresh, never frozen has been on sale for 1.99/lb. Here's a photo of high meat that I'm currently brewing in the cabinet. This picture is from a few weeks ago, it's a lively batch now and has one hell of a taste. Somewhat sharp, tastes good, though I'll confess to being a fan of feta and bleu cheese. I usually take a bite right after my final chicken meal of the night.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 08:10:05 am »
I'd be really careful about eating chicken. It's rarely worth eating in this country, they are generally fed nothing but grains, even when "free-range" and organic.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 12:17:13 pm »
I have two suppliers who really raise chickens on pasture without chicken scratch, and their prices are $25 - $30 for one chicken. Hereabouts, price seems to be a good gauge of how a chicken is raised.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 01:25:12 pm »
Thanks, I appreciate the concern. The chicken comes from an above average source. It's not the ideal source, within the next few years I do aim to have property and livestock, but for now it's the best I can do. Note that I would not consider it any safer if it were cooked. In addition, I feel very well after a good meal of this chicken. This of course is no true indicator of non-toxicity, but for now it'll do, and I'm not worried in the least for any acute negative effects. I've eaten at least a few hundred pounds from this specific supplier over the past five years, and have had only a beneficial experience.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 10:56:27 pm »
Over Saturday night and Sunday morning I slept more than I have in years. I fell asleep around 11pm and woke up at 7:20am, stretched for a moment, and then went back to sleep until noon. Usually I'm up before 6am even if I fall asleep at midnight, when on a full raw primal diet I tend to sleep only 4-5 hours. I'll admit that I was skeptical at first, but there's something to this moldy berry juice detox. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to measure anything, but everything seems to be going as outlined and described by AV. Plenty of mild aches and pains, gravity is heavier than usual, stomach sleeping is irresistible; but I'm still able to push myself to work which is good. Just be ready to go the full course if you plan on trying this detox.

Another thing, I recently weighed in at 195 lbs. I feel even better than before.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:03:39 pm by actup90 »

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping up. Protein in Urine... what do? Problem or no problem?
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 12:05:13 pm »
Wednesday I went in for a job, was hired on the spot. They sent me for a urine test and physical.

Of course, drug test was clear, but then they took some urine for the physical exam. Protein was found in the urine.

Every other part of the physical went well, but the doctor said there shouldn't be any protein in urine. One cause could be kidney problems. I didn't dig any further, knowing that I didn't want to answer many questions considering my diet is obscure and probably frightening. Most doctors are plebs, so I didn't want to lay on her the fact that I had raw chicken for breakfast. She didn't seem too worried though, everything else was good, she even remarked on my flexibility.

So, I let her touch my balls, then I walked out of there and decided I'd ask you guys.

Online research confirms that if protein in the urine is unhealthy the kidneys are likely to be the source of distress. This makes sense because the kidneys filter the blood to create urine. Maybe this could have something to do with my moldy berry juice detox? What do you think?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:12:07 pm by actup90 »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 12:15:59 pm »
When someone other than my own doctor tells me something is wrong, I always thank them and assure them that I will make an appointment with my own physician to follow up.

The easiest way to figure out if your berry detox is to blame is to repeat the test in a few weeks. You can buy urine dipsticks in a pharmacy.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 12:39:19 pm »
When someone other than my own doctor tells me something is wrong, I always thank them and assure them that I will make an appointment with my own physician to follow up.

Very wise, eveheart. I think that's a good way to handle these situations.

The easiest way to figure out if your berry detox is to blame is to repeat the test in a few weeks. You can buy urine dipsticks in a pharmacy.

I'll do this, but was curious how others might speculate. I'm not sure what I'll think once I test it independently. Ammonia production could be off, failing to filter protein out, I've started consuming raw apple cider vinegar just in case. Or maybe it's not a bad thing, maybe it's a sign I'm digesting more than enough protein. It might not be a problem at all since the norms are based on people who aren't living the same way. I'll continue to study the kidneys.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 02:59:54 pm by actup90 »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 01:12:53 pm »
How much fermented juice are you drinking per day?  What else are you eating?  How are your teeth fairing? Do you ever have blood sugar issues?

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 01:43:41 pm »
How much fermented juice are you drinking per day?  What else are you eating?  How are your teeth fairing? Do you ever have blood sugar issues?

The detox is a one time dose of juice squeezed from moldy berries. Around one month after consumption the effects set in, lasting a month or more.

I eat mostly raw chicken and eggs. Milk, egg, and oil fruit smoothies once a day. Only cooked food eaten regularly is white rice or wheat. Occasional steak, fried chicken, or barbecued ribs. Teeth are holding strong. To my awareness, I've never had any blood sugar issues.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 02:02:18 pm by actup90 »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Keeping up. Kidneys and Protein overdose.
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 08:36:16 pm »
Protein in the urine or kidney pain?
I would suspect protein overdosing.
You can overdose on protein even if raw.
I once did that idiotic 1kg of raw meat a day.
And the only way I could do that was to lessen the fat and up the protein.

Why don't you go on a water or diluted juice fast for 1-3 days and then  take it easy on the protein afterwards?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:01:44 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 08:26:42 am »
What is a Oil Fruit smoothie....Too much fruit and processed oils are not good for optimal protein metabolism.

I don't advise eating large amount of raw chicken, quality is always an issue and chicken is usually very lean and doesn't have enough fat to buffer the protein, when eaten in large quantities.

Rice and Wheat are a big paleo no-no

Cooked meat is not to be condoned either

High Urine protein could be a transient phenomenon that comes and goes depending on what you have just eaten. Perhaps if you went in for the test directly after eating a high protein meal it could have caused a temporary spike in protein levels. Or it could also be a sign that you are depending to much on protein not getting the proper balance of healthy fats... Dairy can also play a role, in upsetting the mineral balances and causing kidny strain...Or it could be some other factor such as the moldy berries, or cooked proteins, or sub quality BBQ rib meat.

I would also recommend a fast, followed by a dietary shift to ensure you get adequate amounts of better quality fats and proteins.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 08:09:43 am »
Protein in the urine or kidney pain?
I would suspect protein overdosing.
You can overdose on protein even if raw.
I once did that idiotic 1kg of raw meat a day.
And the only way I could do that was to lessen the fat and up the protein.

Why don't you go on a water or diluted juice fast for 1-3 days and then  take it easy on the protein afterwards?

No kidney pain, just protein found in the urine. Come to think of it my urine has been cloudy lately.

I would also recommend a fast, followed by a dietary shift to ensure you get adequate amounts of better quality fats and proteins.

I'll try fasting. I've been weary of fasting in the past, and usually don't drink water. This weekend I'll give it a go.

About the diet: Not currently eating purely paleo, more so the Primal Diet, though my dairy and white starch consumption fluctuates. AV used to advise against water consumption and fasting, I might just egg fast, and/or pure water fasting. Water is generally believed to be healthy for the kidneys, so I'll plan on trying both.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 09:08:29 am by actup90 »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 08:54:54 am »
Also be mindful of non dietary factors, exposure to hazardous chemicals in work environments, or plastics, or who knows what else could also tax the kidneys.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 07:14:31 am »
Also be mindful of non dietary factors, exposure to hazardous chemicals in work environments, or plastics, or who knows what else could also tax the kidneys.

Definitely. I'm entering into a welding program this fall and will have to find the best ways to protect myself from toxicity, mainly fumes. In the future I plan on owning one or more business endeavors, which would cut down on my shop time, but until then I'll make the most of it.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping up. Drinking ACV Water and Limiting Food: Conclusion
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 01:21:21 pm »
This weekend I limited my food intake and drank plenty of water with AC vinegar and a dab of honey. Urine has been an opaque yellow lately, it then turned to light green, now it's mostly clear. I'm not feeling any different, other than peeing more, but the urine appearance has definitely changed.

Before this weekend I took a piss in a jar and let it settle, on the bottom there's a bunch of crap that looks like sand. This might be revealing the beginning stages of kidney stones, or an inevitable natural cleansing. I'm thinking this ACV water solution might help prevent kidney stones.

A coincidence: a friend of mine has been passing kidney stones this past week. It was so bad she had to go into the hospital. The strange thing is that the doctor said there have been an abnormal amount of people passing kidney stones lately. I'm guessing it's the summer heat and dehydration. Time to put an end to my practice of not drinking water, turning away from AV's suggestion, at least in the summertime.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:38:00 pm by actup90 »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 02:03:27 pm »
Prepare yourself for kidney stones.
7 ounces of pure lemon
then 1 ounce of lemon + 7 ounces water
then  1 ounce of lemon + 7 ounces water every hour for 10 hours.

It should dissolve kidney stones in case you get any pain.

-------

follow this water cure recipe http://watercure2.org/mankind.htm

As a guide to how much water and salt to drink.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 12:06:38 am »
 kidney stones can be from people consume oxalic rich foods like chard, quinoa, sweet potatoes, the consumption of oxalic rich greens likely spikes this time of year...i also wonder if you arent just pising out your own teeth an bones by consuming acetic acid...?

Offline kalo

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 01:25:33 am »
hah jessica, I sometimes drink ACV and wonder why after I get that feeling on my teeth! But I was urine tested awhile back and had protein in my piss also. The doctor asked what I was eating. I said lots of meat and kefir and eggs. Since cutting milk and eating mostly raw meat, I have not had my urine tested again. However, I don't pee out oxalates as I don't consume much of the things jessica listed above. But I assumed it was natural to piss out excess protein. To me it seems the body is just excreting what it doesn't use.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 06:34:57 am »
... I assumed it was natural to piss out excess protein. To me it seems the body is just excreting what it doesn't use.

This makes sense, but I figured I'd experiment anyway. Kidney problems run in the family.

... i also wonder if you arent just pising out your own teeth an bones by consuming acetic acid...?

I wasn't drinking ACV when I took the urine test, so no. I won't be drinking ACV on a regular basis for that very reason.

Drinking more water is the only thing I plan on implementing in my routine.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 06:43:45 am »
Drinking enough water is very important, make sure it's good clean water, Spring water in glass jars is the most optimal. If spring water isn't available I would recommend drinking a glass of lemon juice water mix along with a couple of eggs about twice a day. This is what I do, especially in summer, to stay hydrated and not become depleted in electrolytes. Lemons are also a kidney cleansing alternative and not as harsh as ACV.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 07:10:16 am »
Yes. I love lemons and usually get a few bags from a friend's tree whenever they produce.

This experience has taught me to keep up this tradition, lemons are definitely preferable to ACV.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 07:55:41 am »
i asked what water because often times people who drink from wells have issues with excess calcium and minerals so that might be something to consider. but yeah lemon juice is superior and has the added benefit of vitamin c which is good for the kidneys, cherries, berries in the rose family, corn silk, those all seem to be healing to the kidneys

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 08:28:43 am »
I use RO filtration, because RO leaves water bare I usually add some sea salt or honey.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:24:34 pm by actup90 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk